x

You have decided to merge your account with the GOG.com.

You can now start participating in the community discussions.

x

You chose to opt out from the merge process.
Please note that you will not be able to access your account until you opt in.

We strongly encourage you to merge your RED account with the GOG.com one.
If you want to do it later please try logging in again.

• Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Ultimate Witcher 4 Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rawls View Post
    And just to clarify ... their translation says CDPR would "probably" return to the world of the Witcher ... which to me doesn't sound inevitable. Perhaps more likely than not though ... which is interesting.

I'm posting the exact translation of the part (it starts at 15:06 mark) where Kicinski talks about another game in this universe just so anyone could make their own conclusions:

"There won't be The Witcher 4, as another part of the story, because this story was finished. However (...) we bought (and own) the rights for The Witcher, so it's hard to imagine that after investing 15 years of our lives and tens of millions of dollars into promoting it, we would just forget about it. I mean the fans and investors alike would not forgive us for doing so. But first we need to come up with some really cool idea for it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Rawls View Post
      And just to clarify ... their translation says CDPR would "probably" return to the world of the Witcher ... which to me doesn't sound inevitable. Perhaps more likely than not though ... which is interesting.
      If a Witcher game is not in development or planned at the moment, then anything could still happen, perhaps other projects become even more successful and there will be more demand for a continuation of those instead.

By the way, many people commenting on the IGN article seem to want a Ciri sequel. Would that also qualify as "The Witcher 4", i.e. a continuation of the story that CDPR said they do not plan to make?

Comment

• Originally posted by sv3672 View Post
        By the way, many people commenting on the IGN article seem to want a Ciri sequel. Would that also qualify as "The Witcher 4", i.e. a continuation of the story that CDPR said they do not plan to make?
        I guess it depends. If it's a completely new story in a unexplored by previous games region of the world and only major connection with original trilogy being Ciri as the main protagonist, it could possibly be classified as a more of a spin off then a straight up sequel. Personally I would be more up to something closer to Dragon Age with player created character and our own team of adventurers, with similar feeling as Baptism of Fire and Geralt's parts in Tower of Swallow.

Comment

• CD Projekt Red are doing a new character instead of Geralt, which is fine. I do hope this new character will be awesome as well as the story.

Comment

• This news makes me sad...

Comment

• hi there, for a while now i've compiled a list of ideas that I had based on some research that I did into middle-eastern and central-asian mythologies that I think can be relevant for a new Witcher franchise with a new character that breaks apart from the original story but i'd rather share it only directly with CD Project Red, is their any particular email or forum user I should be talking to ?

Thanks in advance

Comment

• Originally posted by raziel_malakai View Post
                is their any particular email or forum user I should be talking to ?
                You could try sending private mail to Vattier , who takes care of the forums

Comment

• thank you very much Sunsibar, much appreciated

Comment

Working...
                  X