The Ultimate Witcher 4 Thread

+

Do you think there might be The Witcher 4 after Cyberpunk?

• Yes

• No

• Not sure

• No response

Results are only viewable after voting.
Rawls;n9817761 said:
And just to clarify ... their translation says CDPR would "probably" return to the world of the Witcher ... which to me doesn't sound inevitable. Perhaps more likely than not though ... which is interesting.

I'm posting the exact translation of the part (it starts at 15:06 mark) where Kicinski talks about another game in this universe just so anyone could make their own conclusions:

"There won't be The Witcher 4, as another part of the story, because this story was finished. However (...) we bought (and own) the rights for The Witcher, so it's hard to imagine that after investing 15 years of our lives and tens of millions of dollars into promoting it, we would just forget about it. I mean the fans and investors alike would not forgive us for doing so. But first we need to come up with some really cool idea for it."

Rawls;n9817761 said:
And just to clarify ... their translation says CDPR would "probably" return to the world of the Witcher ... which to me doesn't sound inevitable. Perhaps more likely than not though ... which is interesting.

If a Witcher game is not in development or planned at the moment, then anything could still happen, perhaps other projects become even more successful and there will be more demand for a continuation of those instead.

By the way, many people commenting on the IGN article seem to want a Ciri sequel. Would that also qualify as "The Witcher 4", i.e. a continuation of the story that CDPR said they do not plan to make?

sv3672;n9819311 said:
By the way, many people commenting on the IGN article seem to want a Ciri sequel. Would that also qualify as "The Witcher 4", i.e. a continuation of the story that CDPR said they do not plan to make?

I guess it depends. If it's a completely new story in a unexplored by previous games region of the world and only major connection with original trilogy being Ciri as the main protagonist, it could possibly be classified as a more of a spin off then a straight up sequel. Personally I would be more up to something closer to Dragon Age with player created character and our own team of adventurers, with similar feeling as Baptism of Fire and Geralt's parts in Tower of Swallow.

CD Projekt Red are doing a new character instead of Geralt, which is fine. I do hope this new character will be awesome as well as the story.

hi there, for a while now i've compiled a list of ideas that I had based on some research that I did into middle-eastern and central-asian mythologies that I think can be relevant for a new Witcher franchise with a new character that breaks apart from the original story but i'd rather share it only directly with CD Project Red, is their any particular email or forum user I should be talking to ?

Thanks in advance

Imagine how amazing it would be if Geralt traveled with Ciri to Ofir and plundered those lands. Killing all the monsters and figuring out the secrets of the desert.

I hope, when there will be a 4th Witcher game, that there is no Geralt, Ciri, Yennefer etc.
The story is told, and I don't want a fiasco like from Witcher 1/2 to Witcher 3 only in a worse way.

If there will be another Witcher game it should take place loooooong before the events of the books or looooong time after the 3rd Witcher game.
Don't want to see known faces (exept for people who can long live [as a cameo] or characters like Gaunther)
And I would like to see a game without book ties. CDPR proofed that the they best can make, is own stuff. To be honest quests and characters like Phillip Strenger were way more intense than the stuff that tried to tied to the book stuff.

Thanks for starting this thread - I've been paying pretty close attention to the news tidbits from CDPR and even signed up for Google Notifications for all news with the heading Witcher 4 lol, and it seems like CDPR's shareholders and news outlets continue to hammer them pretty heavily on the topic of any plans about another Witcher game. I'm very hopeful for more, myself. Favorite series all time for me.

The most recent thing I've seen that I thought was interesting (and I'd love to hear other people's thoughts on this...) was a recent presentation CDPR made at a convention -

https://gamingbolt.com/cyberpunk-2077-promotional-campaign-will-start-one-day-as-a-surprise

The most interesting thing I found about the Witcher references are that on past CDPR projections for their timelines, they'd obviously mentioned they are working hot and heavy on CP2077, but that they were planning on releasing another major AAA RPG somewhere between 2017-2021 but no one has ever heard them talk about what that is...I personally had always assumed it was a new IP, but at this convention, CDPR's people were directly asked about that other IP and they answered that they only have (2) IPs right now - Cyberpunk & Witcher...so does that mean the other one is another game in the Witcher series, or is it something new and CDPR's folks are just being vague and coy about it? Check out the video above starting at 3:46:20 to 3:47:16 ... very interesting response from CDPR there.

Curious if you all think somewhere at some point CDPR has already put a group together yet to start coming up with ideas for a future Witcher game, obviously not Geralt since they've said they're done with him, but simply to try to come up with ideas on how far into the future to move, what type of changes to the world would occur to incite the need for more Witchers, etc.?

I know CDPR wanted an opportunity to take a break from this genre for a bit after working on it non-stop for a decade, so I fully understand that need for a break, but I also know myself and many millions of fans would like to see more from this world, and I'm sure CDPR knows this as well, so it just got me thinking about this topic. Curious to hear your thoughts as well. Thanks much in advance!

I think if cdpr don't want to implement a save import system and they want to make a story in the witcher universe's future and consistent with all the possible endings of tw3 they will have to move pretty far ahead since i think that would need not just Geralt but none of the main characters appear and since sorceresses don't age in this story (as far as I know) that is pretty damn far into the future xP

I'm posting the exact translation of the part (it starts at 15:06 mark) where Kicinski talks about another game in this universe just so anyone could make their own conclusions:

"There won't be The Witcher 4, as another part of the story, because this story was finished. However (...) we bought (and own) the rights for The Witcher, so it's hard to imagine that after investing 15 years of our lives and tens of millions of dollars into promoting it, we would just forget about it. I mean the fans and investors alike would not forgive us for doing so. But first we need to come up with some really cool idea for it."

Love this quote - sure hope it's sooner rather than later that they come up with this "cool" idea and share it with us, hah. :) I was watching some vids over the weekend on youtube from a few different gaming media sites talking about the Witcher games, fantasy games in general, etc. and one was really interesting, I wish I'd saved the link, but it was talking about how worldwide, people's interests in genres in games, movies, and tv shows sales demonstrate that the "fantasy" genre like Witcher is exponentially more popular than science fiction like Cyberpunk / Bladerunner type stuff. This gives me some additional hope that CDPR will be coming back to Witcher as soon as freaking possible.

Heck, with a big enough staff, they could honestly have both CP & Witcher universe games in progress together so we could have both, which I think a lot of people would love, myself included.

^^ I think there have just been better fantasy games lately than sci-fi
I think when better sci-fi games are released people's interest will shift to that

I hope thou that they will return to the witcher while they still have people who have worked on the already released ones xP

At least, the Director of CD PROJEKT, Adam Kiciński said they weren't done yet with the Witcher franchise.

So... I'm anxious to see the next game of Witcher series!

... after the release of CYBERPUNK 2077, it will be a bit quiet in the Central Europe front...
... keep an eye and ear out,if we see another.. BEEP ... then a CYBERPUNK 2077 part ll is next...
... however, if we see ... Pam Pam Pa Ram ... then The Witcher is next ... that's my guess...

And who knew that Ciri would predict Cyberpunk 2077? Flying cars, and such things, somehow looks like they're connected even if they're so different.

And who knew that Ciri would predict Cyberpunk 2077? Flying cars, and such things, somehow looks like they're connected even if they're so different.

I hope she will appear even if for just a second or as an easteregg
Its said that they will use red engine 3 and that has great modding support so even if she won't be in the vanilla game she can just be modded there xP

Top Bottom