[BOOK SPOILERS] Lady of the Lake. Just finished reading.

+
Zyvik;n9864001 said:
There's no reason for them to hide when they're pretty much worshipped and respected more than ever.

Why do you think Triss wants to be famous? When things in the world of magic calmed down, she could resign and retire in some wilderness with Geralt. Geralt is definitely alive, since he killed the last monster from the laboratory, which only he could know, Nimue did not know anything about this monster, so that she could not get a "dream" of something she had no idea about.

Zyvik;n9864001 said:
There's no reason for them to hide when they're pretty much worshipped and respected more than ever.

Who knows, I could imagine the younger members having enough of all the politics decades later as they grow older, and just wanting to live in peace. And even if they are respected at that time, another witch hunt could break out eventually, not having let anyone know what they really look like would turn out to be a useful precaution then. Of course, it is very possible that they die at some unknown time and place, especially if the above quote is from a century later, a lot can happen until that, I just do not think it is 100% certain, more like Geralt's and Regis' "death".

Triss_One_Love;n9864061 said:
Why do you think Triss wants to be famous? When things in the world of magic calmed down, she could resign and retire in some wilderness with Geralt.

Oh God. The book and game canon simply do not match. In the books, Geralt would not retire with Triss, because he's in love with Yennefer.

​​​​​

Zyvik;n9864221 said:
Oh God. The book and game canon simply do not match. In the books, Geralt would not retire with Triss, because he's in love with Yennefer.

Nope, he isnt. That was just a wish. Sapkovsky himself confirmed that there is no canonical love choice. And in the book there were many hints that Geralt was tired of these quasirelationships with Yennefer. And I can see that after another parting with her he could think: "I've had enough of this sht."
It is said that djinns are evil creatures, so that he could do so, that no matter how hard they tried, they would never have succeeded with this "love"

Last edited:
Triss_One_Love;n9864251 said:
Nope, he isnt. That was just a wish.

LMAO. Yeah sure. Sapkowski wrote eight books about fake love.

.Sapkovsky himself confirmed that there is no canonical love choice.

What canonical love choice? Sapkowski considers the games fanfiction. The only canon for him it what's written in his books. And no one ever asked him whom Geralt loves (because that's pretty obvious in the books), so stop making stuff up.

Zyvik;n9864341 said:
What canonical love choice? Sapkowski considers the games fanfiction. The only canon for him it what's written in his books. And no one ever asked him whom Geralt loves (because that's pretty obvious in the books), so stop making stuff up.

Geralt was in "love" with Yennefer only for the sake of the plot. What was later is unknown, as the book story ended and life went on.

Triss_One_Love;n9864361 said:
Geralt was in "love" with Yennefer only for the sake of the plot. What was later is unknown, as the book story ended and life went on.

Sure, whatever makes you happy.

Geralt and Yennefer's love is a huge part of their development. Sapkowski himself said that he created Yennefer, so that Geralt can fully grow as a person. He spends half of the books tormented over his feelings for Yennefer and vice versa. At one point he's suicidal, because he thinks she's dead. To dismiss all of that as "just a wish" (wich was never about love in the first place) is diminishing to the characters. The idea that our protagonist was never himself, but was actually brainwashed for 99% of the books is the most ridiculous idea I've ever heard.

I really don't understand this attitude displayed by a small portion of Triss fans (contrary to the popular believe, most of her fans accept that Geralt's true love in the books is Yennefer). The games allow you to romance Triss, she's a valid choice in them. So why are you trying to warp what's written in the books?

Zyvik;n9864411 said:
Geralt and Yennefer's love is a huge part of their development. Sapkowski himself said that he created Yennefer, so that Geralt can fully grow as a person. He spends half of the books tormented over his feelings for Yennefer and vice versa. At one point he's suicidal, because he thinks she's dead. To dismiss all of that as "just a wish" (wich was never about love in the first place) is diminishing to the characters. The idea that our protagonist was never himself, but was actually brainwashed for 99% of the books is the most ridiculous idea I've ever heard.
I really don't understand this attitude displayed by a small portion of Triss fans (contrary to the popular believe, most of her fans accept that Geralt's true love in the books is Yennefer). The games allow you to romance Triss, she's a valid choice in them. So why are you trying to warp what's written in the books?

What was in the books, left in the books, but the story does not stand still. In books, Geralt was forced to love Yennefer, to love and suffer, but he deserves something more, and that's what Triss became for him.

Triss_One_Love;n9864461 said:
What was in the books, left in the books, but the story does not stand still. In books, Geralt was forced to love Yennefer, to love and suffer, but he deserves something more, and that's what Triss became for him.

"Forced"? You mean like he was forced to love Triss who took advantage of his amnesia? Poor Geralt, what did he do to deserve this?

Zyvik;n9864511 said:
"Forced"? You mean like he was forced to love Triss who took advantage of his amnesia? Poor Geralt, what did he do to deserve this?

He wasnt, and he himself confirmed that he didnt think that Triss used him. Throughout the books he was blinded by the "love" for Yennefer and did not see the obvious, did not know the alternative, amnesia gave him a chance to rethink everything, to understand who is really important to him, who loves him, not something more, and who he really loves, not because of the wish, but because of the Love, just Love.

No one forced Geralt (the character) to do whatever he did in books or games, other than the authors for their story.

By the way, I agree that both are valid choices in the game and there is no point fighting over them, let alone in a thread where it is off-topic. :)

Last edited:
Triss_One_Love;n9864561 said:
He wasnt, and he himself confirmed that he didnt think that Triss used him. Throughout the books he was blinded by the "love" for Yennefer and did not see the obvious, did not know the alternative, amnesia gave him a chance to rethink everything, to understand who is really important to him, who loves him, not something more, and who he really loves, not because of the wish, but because of the Love, just Love.

Sigh.
​​​​​​
I just don't get what are you trying to prove. At first you said that Season of Storms makes the games canon (wich is incorrect because the author disagrees). But then you say that what happens in the books, stays in the books and apparently you only accept Triss as the valid choice for Geralt in the games (even though Yennefer is just as valid in them). So what? You only accept the choice that you like and consider everything else including what's written in the source material invalid?

Zyvik;n9864611 said:
I just don't get what are you trying to prove. At first you said that Season of Storms makes the games canon (wich is incorrect because the author disagrees). But then you say that what happens in the books, stays in the books and apparently you only accept Triss as the valid choice for Geralt in the games (even though Yennefer is just as valid in them). So what? You only accept the choice that you like and consider everything else including what's written in the source material invalid?

The author gave CD projekt the rights to write a story. The author did not write his own sequel, but in the "Season of storms" he hinted that over a hundred years or more Geralt was alive and well. Game events were not refuted by anything, and those small bits of information about future events that we have in the books can be based on the game state of the world. Triss is the only acceptable option, Yennefer is not considered and should not be considered, she had the opportunity, she had twenty years, but she did not do anything, she just sat and waited for something more.

Triss_One_Love;n9864671 said:
The author gave CD projekt the rights to write a story. The author did not write his own sequel, but in the "Season of storms" he hinted that over a hundred years or more Geralt was alive and well. Game events were not refuted by anything, and those small bits of information about future events that we have in the books can be based on the game state of the world. Triss is the only acceptable option, Yennefer is not considered and should not be considered, she had the opportunity, she had twenty years, but she did not do anything, she just sat and waited for something more.

Yennefer should not be considered? Even though she's the one with whom Geralt ended up in the books and one of the two choices in TW3? CDPR would disagree with you.
I sincerely hope that you're trolling, because If not...Then it's just sad.

Zyvik;n9864681 said:
Yennefer should not be considered? Even though she's the one with whom Geralt ended up in the books and one of the two choices in TW3? CDPR would disagree with you. I sincerely hope that you're trolling, because If not...Then it's just sad.

The end of the book is not the end of the story, so it doesnt mean anything. And in TW3, as in TW1 and TW2, I saw only one choice.

Last edited:
Triss_One_Love;n9864711 said:
The end of the book is not the end of the story, so it doesnt mean anything. And in TW3, as in TW1 and TW2, I saw only one choice.

It doesn't matter what you saw. The only thing that matters is what's actually there. TW3 provides us with two options. Both are valid. Deal with it.

Zyvik;n9864761 said:
It doesn't matter what you saw. The only thing that matters is what's actually there. TW3 provides us with two options. Both are valid. Deal with it.

Triss is true choice and Yennefer is false. The entire story was written just for Geralt and Triss, she suffered too long alone, in the end she deserved happiness. Sapkovsky knows this, CD Projekts too, thats why Triss is the only possible and true choice.

Zyvik;n9864761 said:
TW3 provides us with two options. Both are valid.

Three options, in fact, the third even has an alternate version:
[video=youtube;go2JCYEg1-A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=go2JCYEg1-A[/video]

sv3672;n9864901 said:
Three options, in fact, the third even has an alternate version:
[video=youtube;go2JCYEg1-A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=go2JCYEg1-A[/video]

This choice was made for a complete morons.

Triss_One_Love;n9864881 said:
Triss is true choice and Yennefer is false. The entire story was written just for Geralt and Triss, she suffered too long alone, in the end she deserved happiness. Sapkovsky knows this, CD Projekts too, thats why Triss is the only possible and true choice.

Your trolling is no longer amusing.

Three options, in fact, the third even has an alternate version

Yet no Fringilla option :(

Top Bottom