x

You have decided to merge your account with the GOG.com.

You can now start participating in the community discussions.

x

You chose to opt out from the merge process.
Please note that you will not be able to access your account until you opt in.

We strongly encourage you to merge your RED account with the GOG.com one.
If you want to do it later please try logging in again.

• Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Witcher series for Netflix confirmed!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gerard Butler. Best pick.

Comment

• You want updates on the show? At present only here.

Comment

• Good news people) Lauren S. Hissrich says that Geralt will be a man :lol White, black or gay is unknown

Comment

• You guys probably already know this but Lauren S. Hissrich is writing the script for the Witcher TV Show. She recently said she finished writing the pilot episode. She seems really passionate about the project too.

Here's her Twitter page https://twitter.com/lhissrich
          Never pounce on an advantage as soon as it appears. Wait till it stands to have maximum effect. - Uncle Vesemir

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleDealer View Post
            You guys probably already know this
            Indeed. It's being discussed here.
            Post moved.
            'Sorry, but smashing barrels is one of my hobbies!'

Forewarned is forearmed. Therefore, to reduce chances of random encounters with the Guards, please, be acquainted with and follow the Forums' Regulations. Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleDealer View Post
              You guys probably already know this but Lauren S. Hissrich is writing the script for the Witcher TV Show. She recently said she finished writing the pilot episode. She seems really passionate about the project too.

Here's her Twitter page https://twitter.com/lhissrich
              She is kinda awesome. She definitely read The Witcher books and has a nice sense of humour. Seems like good news

Comment

• It'l suck tho. Netflix should have done what it did with Dark and have a completely European production work on the show.

Comment

• We need a Game of thrones for gamers! You know, so we can be like (when a familiar face shows up) be like oooooh its *insert game character*!!! I mean, come on! Can't wait to watch it though!

Comment

• What happened to Baginski? Wasn't he behind the entire effort to bring The Witcher to the screen? It looks like he was cast aside by everyone from him own project.

And don't say that he's going to direct 1 episode from the series, its not enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by yayodeanno.831 View Post
                      It'l suck tho. Netflix should have done what it did with Dark and have a completely European production work on the show.
                      Not knocking it for it, but reading the premise section on wikipedia and looking at that poster, the show is probably rife with masonic symbolism. That poster alone contains the square and compass in it, and the premise says that a character's father commited suicide "33" years ago.

That's actually what I like about The Witcher, and what I hope the series on Netflix will continue to show. The fact The Witcher deals with the Occult, but in a sort of neutral, non judgmental way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irae0 View Post
                        What happened to Baginski? Wasn't he behind the entire effort to bring The Witcher to the screen? It looks like he was cast aside by everyone from him own project.

And don't say that he's going to direct 1 episode from the series, its not enough.
                        There's been some restructuring I'm sure, but he's still involved. Lauren went to Poland to meet with both him and Sapkowski.

Comment

• Lauren S. Hissrich‏ @LHissrich "There’s been a lot said this week. Big things, about race and gender and talent and me. Some people are convinced I’m going to destroy something they love. Others are worried that I’m going to stop doing what I’m doing because of all the haters. I’m not going anywhere."
                          We all need Geralt, in our own way. For either to have a snifter of vodka with, or to kill our own personal monsters.

Comment

• I'll have to check this out when it hits Netflix.

Comment

Working...
                            X