Witcher series for Netflix confirmed!

+
I have seen a lot of Netflix operated shows, and I would say a good 90% of them are very well written and upscale entertainment. Netflix wants to run with the Big Boys (Stars, HBO, Showtime), so don't count on being low quality. While I do agree that there needs to be a beginning with "A Matter of Price", to cut back on the flashbacks. With millennials, if you do too much flashback, the show will die.

As for Triss, besides being what she is in the books, she does help Ciri transform into a young woman after Triss yells at the Witchers of Kaer Morhen for not figuring out what Ciri was going through (as a young woman). "I'm indisposed!!" That line told all that needed to be said. So if sticking to the books, Triss does need to be in it, for nothing else, but that. Even though that is going against everything I do in the games, but that is what it is....just the games.

I'll comment more, I'm sure, but it's now back to the game. I'm doing a complete run through. I started with TW:EE, now I'm playing TW2: AoK for the, IDK, 5th time more or less.

DontBlnkBadWolf;n9139130 said:
I have seen a lot of Netflix operated shows, and I would say a good 90% of them are very well written and upscale entertainment. Netflix wants to run with the Big Boys (Stars, HBO, Showtime), so don't count on being low quality.

They will not have an easy job, though, the show will inevitably be compared both to the books and to the games, so it has to meet some fairly high expectations. And movie adaptations of books always have to cut a lot of details.

That line told all that needed to be said. So if sticking to the books, Triss does need to be in it, for nothing else, but that.

In my opinion, if a character is not essential to the story, and would likely not be portrayed in a complete way (because the screen time is needed for other things), then it is better to simply not include them at all. Similarly for example to how Iorveth was cut from The Witcher 3 altogether, rather than appearing in some cameo role.

Since we all know Idris Elba will be playing a huge role in the series, who do you guys think he should play?

I'd be happy with him playing Geralt, Dandelion, Emhyr or Ciri. It'd be great to have a switch in genders like that. Geralt should have a son, a black son.

Lisbeth_Salander;n9160090 said:
Since we all know Idris Elba will be playing a huge role in the series, who do you guys think he should play?

I'd be happy with him playing Geralt, Dandelion, Emhyr or Ciri. It'd be great to have a switch in genders like that. Geralt should have a son, a black son.

Uhhm what? Where did you hear he'll play a huge role?

sv3672;n9140410 said:
They will not have an easy job, though, the show will inevitably be compared both to the books and to the games, so it has to meet some fairly high expectations. And movie adaptations of books always have to cut a lot of details.

The ones that will compare are the ones that either: read the books, but never played the games. Played the games but didn't even know about the books (I was one of this type). The ones that are in the category of both, know well enough that the 2 are completely different and will be the most critical of the comparing of the series vs. the books.

sv3672;n9140410 said:
In my opinion, if a character is not essential to the story, and would likely not be portrayed in a complete way (because the screen time is needed for other things), then it is better to simply not include them at all. Similarly for example to how Iorveth was cut from The Witcher 3 altogether, rather than appearing in some cameo role.

But Triss IS an essential part of the Witcher Universe book wise. Not only with Ciri, the Lodge of Sorceress', The Uprising of Thanedd, the (almost) cat fight with Yennefer in Rivia, the pogrom in Rivia, the carrying to the boat. I was only using just that one reference as a point that she is a valid part of the series.

Garrison72 it was a sarcastic post by Lisbeth_Salander I hope. Idris has already destroyed The Dark Tower by accepting the role. Just as the "new" Ghostbusters destroyed that movie. Oh, how I hope that PC is going to go away soon.

And I just noticed, I'm 2 happy years in this forum community.

Last edited:
DontBlnkBadWolf;n9162850 said:
The ones that will compare are the ones that either: read the books, but never played the games. Played the games but didn't even know about the books (I was one of this type). The ones that are in the category of both, know well enough that the 2 are completely different and will be the most critical of the comparing of the series vs. the books.

But Triss IS an essential part of the Witcher Universe book wise. Not only with Ciri, the Lodge of Sorceress', The Uprising of Thanedd, the (almost) cat fight with Yennefer in Rivia, the pogrom in Rivia, the carrying to the boat. I was only using just that one reference as a point that she is a valid part of the series.

Garrison72 it was a sarcastic post by Lisbeth_Salander I hope. Idris has already destroyed The Dark Tower by accepting the role. Just as the "new" Ghostbusters destroyed that movie. Oh, how I hope that PC is going to go away soon.

And I just noticed, I'm 2 happy years in this forum community.

It was sarcasm, but we're talking about netflix here...There's a big chance we'll be seing something that will piss off many fans.

Netflix's Castlevania series turned out quite good, I hope this bodes well for the Witcher adaptation.

Well, the Nilfgaardians are called "Black Ones", after all, although it was originally not meant literally.

No Title

At last, i thought that it will be HBO, but Netflix is not bad too. Few time ago I watched the interview with one of the netflix boss.They told about Mads Mikkelsen because many fans of Witcher think, that he is the best choice for the main role and i made two Witcher pictures. First- Mads Mikkelsen, second - Josh Holloway :Lol

Photoshop time))

Attachments

• photo168821.jpg
    photo168821.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 79
  • photo168831.jpg
    photo168831.jpg
    328 KB · Views: 238
No Title

Holy cookies! Nikolaj Coster-Waldau the best Witcher ever, he must play it!!!!
Photoshop time part 2))

photo168911.jpg

Attachments

• photo168971.jpg
    photo168971.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
cool) ) By the way i think about one funny thing now. As i know the witcher's world is racist world and it is more fun because i sure that some of main roles will be play black.
Zoltan for example ))
eeoSakY218KWxrYuQfh4f33geyc.jpg

no news i suppose...

rip the witcher movie/tv show, its obviously not going well at all judging by their silence

Irae0;n9761401 said:
rip the witcher movie/tv show, its obviously not going well at all judging by their silence

It may be a bit too early to say that, but (judging from the previous similar attempts) perhaps not too much of value would be lost anyway. :)

I'm hyped for this! I think they should cast Mads Mikkelsen or Nikolaj Coster-Waldau as Geralt. They would be great playing him.

I'm worried about this series.. usually they're crap and don't come close to living up to its source material..

Top Bottom