CD PRojekt RED "bad company employee reviews"

+
skacikpl
tl;dr version, It's a reaction towards criticism they got from sites like glassdoor, and the possible rumous
>they said more ppl come than leave, so it's fine and natural
>they said they arent stupid to base entire projects on one or few ppl
>they said they like to reinvent the wheel, cause they think it's the reason behind innovation or something

So, they scrapped E3 build and *allegedly* did an...anti-up-grade cause they like to reinvent things :silence:

Last edited:
To be honest, it seems to be more about addressing the concerns of gamers and shareholders that everything is OK with the development of Cyberpunk, rather than the employee criticisms.

Last edited:
sv3672;n9702551 said:
To be honest, it seems to be more about addressing the concerns of gamers and shareholders that everything is OK with the development of Cyberpunk, rather than the employee criticisms.

Exactly. Regarding the real situation in the company it's hard to say. However, despotic management is not an unusual feature for companies, no matter how good their final product is.

What are you talking about? This game is the most awarded game of all-time; they couldn't have done much better. Every game has some flaws. A lot of w3's problem, to ME, could be attributed to cdpr's first attempt at making an open world and it caused some issues with the storytelling, but still, the witcher 3 is looked at as doing open world the best out of narrative driven games. Nothing is really even close for these last 2 gens.

Though, they didn't really address any of the complaints and seemed to completely avoid it all together, so I don't know what that means.

onionshavelayers;n9705721 said:
It's mostly PR talk, not really addressing the criticisms from the reviews. Here's Part 2 of the issue at hand https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGNTDAOfeCQ. The next video will contain information from a confirmed ex-employee.

CDProjekt Red ruined the Witcher 3 for me, and I'm beginning to see what went wrong...

Good video and I fully agree with the guy. I look forward to more information on this. We should pursue the truth.

Last edited:

Guest 2364765

ummagoomba;n9708491 said:
Good video and I fully agree with the guy. I loom forward to more information on this. We should pursue the truth.

It's not like it matters, even if it would turn out to be a slave driving hell and the case snowballed to enormous sizes most consumers wouldn't care as long as the outcome is a genuinely good game.
This is the very same reason everyone is very skeptical about this whole situation. If such rumors were circulating about EA, Activision or Ubisoft studios everyone would swallow it without having second thoughts.

skacikpl;n9710321 said:
It's not like it matters, even if it would turn out to be a slave driving hell and the case snowballed to enormous sizes most consumers wouldn't care as long as the outcome is a genuinely good game. This is the very same reason everyone is very skeptical about this whole situation. If such rumors were circulating about EA, Activision or Ubisoft studios everyone would swallow it without having second thoughts.

It matters to me. I couldn't fund CDPR if it turned out to be (as you put it) a hell hole were their staff is mistreated. I can't control what everyone else does but, I could at least control what I do about it. With that said, nothing has been proven one way or another so I am completely neutral at this stage.

Guest 2364765

ummagoomba;n9711941 said:
It matters to me. I couldn't fund CDPR if it turned out to be (as you put it) a hell hole were their staff is mistreated. I can't control what everyone else does but, I could at least control what I do about it. With that said, nothing has been proven one way or another so I am completely neutral at this stage.

I imagine you can feel good about being morally superior but i honestly doubt most of the customer base would care.
I mean, most of people are quite okay with themselves being screwed via shady business practices as more and more scummy business models are being enforced upon players and yet those games still sell well enough for those business models to thrive.

So i really doubt that (if true) such case would motivate enough people to boycott the studio as for the end receiver the product is still vastly superior to what other studios/publishers offer.

skacikpl;n9712851 said:
I imagine you can feel good about being morally superior but i honestly doubt most of the customer base would care.
I mean, most of people are quite okay with themselves being screwed via shady business practices as more and more scummy business models are being enforced upon players and yet those games still sell well enough for those business models to thrive.

So i really doubt that (if true) such case would motivate enough people to boycott the studio as for the end receiver the product is still vastly superior to what other studios/publishers offer.

Please don't confuse having morals with trying to act morally superior. It doesn't reflect well on you, trying to second guess my motivations. But you are correct in what you say about many other people. Many are perfectly happy to get shafted and somehow manage to convince themselves that a companies ability to make money, is somehow more important than their right not to get shafted. But, as I said above, please don't second guess my motivations. I can only control what I do about it and that is all there is to it.

Last edited:

Guest 2364765

TL;DR is - CP2077 is literally witcher 3, take 2 but on steroids.
Engine is being rewritten yet again on the go so yeah - rip redkit and proper mod support.

Some very legit concerns along with hyperbole and overblown hysteria. Bottom line is this: as much as Yong and his informants paint a picture of chaos, CDPR has delivered 3 amazing games and some of the best DLC I've ever played. You can't just bumble along and accomplish that, which is the impression you get from that video. We all hope working conditions are ideal and we get CP before 2020. My hunch is the more insight we get, the more confusing it all seems.

Last edited:
skacikpl;n9818061 said:
TL;DR is - CP2077 is literally witcher 3, take 2 but on steroids.
Engine is being rewritten yet again on the go so yeah - rip redkit and proper mod support.

Engine rewrite was expected. I just wonder if they'll use Vulkan or DX12 lock-in junk.

Garrison72;n9819431 said:
Some very legit concerns along with hyperbole and overblown hysteria. Bottom line is this: as much as Yong and his informants paint a picture of chaos, CDPR has delivered 3 amazing games and some of the best DLC I've ever played..

They key takeway for me, is the fact that core engineers who worked on TW3 have left the company. It's a pretty bad sign which shows that company doesn't show appreciation to their hard work which was the cornerstone of their success. The comment that leaders have no idea about programming while making demands on a whim probably can easily explain why the Linux version and RedKit never materialized.

Last edited:
Gilrond-i-Virdan;n9819731 said:
Engine rewrite was expected. I just wonder if they'll use Vulkan or DX12 lock-in junk.

They are hiring graphics programmer(s) for Cyperpunk 2077 right now, experience with DirectX and HLSL is required. While it is not quite certain from that bit of information, I do suspect DX12 is more likely.

skacikpl;n9818061 said:
Rip In Pepperonis, modding. If there's any witcher modders left, don't bother with CP2077, there are better things in life.
I bet my lunch they're still riding DX11 bandwagon.

Last edited:

Guest 2364765

There's a difference between upgrading an engine and redoing it from scratch lol.
In one you just define aspects that need upgrading and do it, in latter case you redo everything which leaves no time and resources for side projects like "finally-finishing-editor-to-be-shared-with-playerbase".

Also i imagine that with 2020+ release date DX12 is more than likely, microsoft is actively pushing multiplatform devs to use DX12 for the sake of performance on Xbone, so PC will be getting same treatment.

skacikpl;n9821051 said:
There's a difference between upgrading an engine and redoing it from scratch lol

To switch from older APIs to explicit ones, full rewrite usually makes more sense than adjustment.

skacikpl;n9821051 said:
microsoft is actively pushing multiplatform devs to use DX12 for the sake of performance on Xbone

Yeah, MS are being their usual lock-in jerks - not competing on merit, but on lock-in. Not all developers are buying into this koolaid though.

Last edited:
No one is force anyone to work there.....like they said on NO CLIP they where learning how to make games....The one thing thats annoy me is because its CDPR a "perfect studio" people are starting to compare them to chinese children work factorys for god sake cus they cant stand how cherished this company is....as for me if i get a perfect cyberpunk game i dont care how they work....they could chain their workers to the walls with bowl of water a day and bucket to crap... if they agree to work in such environment i dont see the problem

Guest 2364765

JackBurton.;n9822051 said:
No one is force anyone to work there.....like they said on NO CLIP they where learning how to make games....The one thing thats annoy me is because its CDPR a "perfect studio" people are starting to compare them to chinese children work factorys for god sake cus they cant stand how cherished this company is....as for me if i get a perfect cyberpunk game i dont care how they work....they could chain their workers to the walls with bowl of water a day and bucket to crap... if they agree to work in such environment i dont see the problem

That's not how any of this works lol.

Primarily, you never are told about bad sides of your employer - who would've advertised themselves as "hey we're slave drivers, our projects are badly managed and even if you signed up to work on project A specifically, we may move you to project B for 3 years if it demands it". Most of the bad and worse aspects come out as you work there, why do you think CDPR has such high employee rotation and people tend to resign after few months of work? Because they start encountering such things one after another and they get fed up, especially westerners who aren't used to the "polish" way of doing business (basically your ass better be made of steel, be a "yes man" and just roll from paycheck to paycheck without any greater personal investment).

It's not about agreement, i imagine nobody in there agrees to that but most are afraid to speak up because they still have passion for creating games and/or are afraid to get fired.

Granted - if everything was laid out to you during recruitment, including the very apparent downsides and you agreed - it's your problem if you can't keep up.
The point is that it's not public knowledge and as far as most new employees go (and external company environment) it's all sunshine and rainbows which comes as a sudden splash of cold sewer-water for young passionate people who come to work there only to get brutally disillusioned and give up after few months. This is exactly why this whole "drama" came to be in first place.

I found it very insightful and it seems to be well researched and level headed.

CDPR only you know the truth of the matter. If what Yong says is true, please sort yourselves out. Give Adam a kick up the arse, respect your talent more and structure things better. Keep your talent and harness it better. Spoons vs Shovels and all that...

Top Bottom