Gameplay Feedback Thread

+
Hi guys!
Just installed the game and noticed two typos, not sure if this is the correct feedback topic though, or if we should provide feedback on anything other than gameplay, but still, here it goes:
- On the "Obstacles" tutorial page it should be "Heroes" instead of "Heores";
- On the waiting screen after choosing to play online it shoul read "Authentication" instead of "Authetication".

That is all, since I couldn't find anyone online to play :)

Edit: I think I should have put this on the "Game Issues Thread", sorry!

Last edited:
Hey,
It would be nice to know when it's your turn when the game is running in the background. A special sound and/or the icon flashing in the taskbar should do the trick.

Hello everyone!

I haven't started playing the game yet, just ran thought the tutorial and found many, many typos (and some missing arrows)! Since I'm not a native speaker, I'm quite sure I didn't find everything and I don't even know if that is a useful information for you, but I collected them here:

- In the beginning when introducing the Quest Card, I guess some arrows are missing which would point at the specific buttons, rewards, requirements, etc. Somewhere they are slightly shifted so it cannot be seen which part of the card they want to refer to.
- Typo at the special action of Geralt: "cardsfrom" should be written separately: "cards from"
- Typo at the special action of Triss: "Places 2 charge..." It should be "charges" (plural).
- Typo at the special action of Yarpen: "Chooses 2 of 4 his..." I think two words were mixed up, it should be: "Chooses 2 of his 4 companion cards...".
- Obstacles: "Heores can encounter..." Two letters were exchanged in the word "Heroes".
- Battles: "Roll the dices" Dice is already plural so it should be "Roll the dice". It's in the title and the text as well. Same section: "dicesymbols" are two words, should be written separately.
- Battles, Modify results: "You can modify your reults..." A letter "s" is missing from the word "results". Same section: "goodfortune" are two words, should be written separately.
- Battles, Compare results: "Compare reults against enemys..." A letter "s" is missing from the word "results" and an apostrophe from the word "enemy's". At the same section under the icons both captions say: "Enemy's Defense". The one on the left should say "Enemy's Attack".
- Battles, Resolve results: "...described on enemys card." An apostrophe and maybe a "the" is missing. It would be better like this: "...described on the enemy's card."

And now I'm trying to take a closer look at the actual gameplay. :)

BTW, the graphics at first glance look great.

Regards,
Krisztina

Just read the instructions for the game, it kind of felt like too much information to me. I guess I'll have to play the game one time to get what exactly is going on, but to me the amount of information right at the start was a bit overwhelming.

I think it would be better to explain some of the gameplay during the first game, or have a tutorial first game so that you can teach us by examples.

Last edited:
Just read the instructions for the game, it kind of felt like too much information to me. I guess I'll have to play the game one time to get what exactly is going on, but to me the amount of information right at the start was a bit overwhelming.

I think it would be better to explain some of the gameplay during the first game, or have a tutorial first game so that you can teach us by examples.
I agree. I forgot what was being shown in the first pages even before last pages were shown.

Hello,

For me as a newbie:

It would be easier to learn and understand the game, if there would be a tutorial game versus AI.
Furthermore I think it's very important to add tooltips with information to all icons and buttons, wich appear when you move the cursor over it. Would have helped me alot in my first game :)

There's a spelling mistake in the tutorial, near to the end, at the page "Battles" 3. Compare results "Compare reults against..."

That's all so far. I'm sure more language versions will come after the release?
Perhaps also show how many people are currently online and how many games are they playing. And add chat channels? Ok... not so important, but would be nice.

-Baal

Last edited:
Hello,

For me as a newbie:

It would be easier to learn and understand the game, if there would be a tutorial game versus AI.
Furthermore I think it's very important to add tooltips with information to all icons and buttons, wich appear when you move the cursor over it. Would have helped me alot in my first game :)

There's a spelling mistake in the tutorial, near to the end, at the page "Battles" 3. Compare results "Compare reults against..."

That's all so far. I'm sure more language versions will come after the release?
Perhaps also show how many people are currently online and how many games are they playing. And add chat channels? Ok... not so important, but would be nice.

-Baal

Yes a interactive tutorial in planned :) Also adding labels to some aspects as well.
As for the language versions we can confirm polish and english for now but we are planning to add more over time.

Many thanks for your feedback.

Are you going to make it so other players can see each others dice rolls? ATM it is quite boring to just wait and look at the screen while other player does his things. Also, the cards other players get pop up and disappear so fast there is no time to look at them; those should stay on the screen longer. Also, is it a bug or a feature that I cannot look at the cards my opponent has on his deck?

So overall, I want more information about my opponents during their turns.

+ I assume you are going to add more cards into the game but currently the gold is not very useful as far as I am concerned. So add more stuff to do with the gold! Also, more cards to interact with other players wouldn't hurt.

Is there a search bar to find other players and add them as friends going to be implemented? It would be really useful I think.

Are you going to make it so other players can see each others dice rolls? ATM it is quite boring to just wait and look at the screen while other player does his things. Also, the cards other players get pop up and disappear so fast there is no time to look at them; those should stay on the screen longer. Also, is it a bug or a feature that I cannot look at the cards my opponent has on his deck?

So overall, I want more information about my opponents during their turns.

+ I assume you are going to add more cards into the game but currently the gold is not very useful as far as I am concerned. So add more stuff to do with the gold! Also, more cards to interact with other players wouldn't hurt.

The next big update will introduce a new way of presenting the "passive" side of the game - you will see more and could check the last 10 things that happened (so cards that appeared etc).

Ok so I did install today, and I tried playing.

First feedback on the experience:

Tutorial: A lot of information at once. Really, I remembered only a few of the things I did see there, there is too much stuff packed in there. Also as said earlier, a lot of typo mistakes.
Next is the sound: We need a way to configure the levels, I had to go back to the windows mixer to save my ears from exploding at first :D

Otherwise I have not been able to play yet. I'm stuck in the matchmaking waiting for player to join a loby the game created. I never could join any loby already created.
While I deeply suspect that it is some kind of network issue between me and the game (do we need to forward any port ?), I feel like the information given to the player while waiting for a game is lacking. I currently don't even know how many player are needed to play a game. Maybe a counter could be added ? like 3/4 player joined, or some sort of estimated time for game to start.

That's it for now, not much to say since I couldn't play yet :(

I got most of the stuff after playing one game but there was really to much information just dumped in the tutorial. It also did not tell me what the charges on player skill cards are and how exactly I do get them other than preparing the spell. I could use cards even without doing it sometimes but I don't know why.

There was also no explanation about tracks of War. I don't know what they are and what they do. The same goes for that danger marker thing that you can sometimes place or gets placed.

In a game as Dandelion, I'm trying to get past a large creature (Frightener). I've been delayed, followed by being unable to kill the creature...so I have damage on every action and can only rest. After I rest, I tried and failed to kill it 10 times...then gave up and quit.
How is it possible to defeat this creature with 4 dice with either 4 shields or 3 swords! :(
On another note, interesting game...

How is it possible to defeat this creature with 4 dice with either 4 shields or 3 swords! :(
Mostly with the help of the development cards, but in case of Dandelion I would rather say, he likes to avoid fights, so I would suggest rather to run away from big creatures. :)

My feedback until now

Visuals: Very good. Its very light and good looking.
Sound: I loved the soundtrack. It's really imersive
Mechanics: Well, I found them a bit confusing. I think it's because of the tutorial. A lot of information and I could not retain all of it. But as Rafal Jaki said in a previous post, there will be a better one.
Interaction: I think it would be nice to have a kind of lobby so people could talk about general things and make some friends.
And that is. I only had some time to play at lunch so I will play more at night
Sorry for any grammar mitake. My writting skills are a bit rusted :D

1) colorblind scheme please
2) async multiplayer please
3) mouse edge scrolling of map
4) options to change resolution
5) drop out takeover by AI

My thoughts during my first game:
I definitely agreed that there was quite a bit of information all at once, but while playing as Yerpen, everything started to make sense after the first couple of turns (just had to get a hang of the conversion of Investigation tokens to the other symbols). Anyways, some things that I was thinking about while waiting for my turn:
- Having a faster way to move dice into their appropriate spots, like a one button press where all the dice move to their spots instead of dragging one at a time.
- It would be nice to access your own character while waiting for other people to go. Check out your quest, where you need to go on the map, read over development cards you got, etc.
- Whenever you're getting your new quests, if there was a way to look at the world map as well to see where you're positioned versus the options the quests you can choose provide. (if that's already possible, I didn't see a way to access that, I tried clicking around and I could only choose those quests...and sure, that may become easier as we learn the board locations thru repetition, but that'd be a plus for new players)
I had no bugs personally while playing, but one of the guys I was playing with said his game froze on the Dice Rolling screen and then quit. Other than that, seems fun so far!

Second game, played much more smoothly with very few issues, learned more about gameplay, and I had just one issue come up, which I really wish I had written down the name of the Good Fortune card I got, but it read something along the lines of, Draw 3 Development Cards, keep one, then put two at the bottom of the deck. It only drew one card though. But, maybe that's because I had 4 (or 5) Development cards at the time...? Dunno if there's a max size to the number of Development cards that you can have at a single time. Anyways, was a VERY close game w/ Jordi, until the game locked up on their Roll Dice screen, same as last game...hopefully I can finish a game one of these times. Still fun though!

Top Bottom