Game Issues Thread

+
First issue:

I was stuck on the Battle screen were you put the attack/defense dices in the sockets: I couldn't end the battle (no button to continue at the top of the interface) and I had no other option with my dices.
Repro: Instead of Drag&Drop the dices on the sockets, I double clicked the dices. I also double clicked the dices inside the sockets and it moved the dice across the sockets. To be more specific, I had 1 attack dice with 3 attack sockets and double clicked the attack dice at the bottom of the screen (so the dice went into the first socket) and double clicked the attack dice again to the last attack socket. (No screenshot)

Second issue:

Game is stuck on the board when it's my turn after other players quit, I cannot start any action.
We were 4 players. Player 1 left first during player 4 turn. Then player 2 left during his turn. I am player 3 but when my turn arrived there was a quick message on the screen (didn't have time to read) and it went direct to player 4 turn. You can see at the top and bottom of the first screenshot that it's the player 4 turn (nicode) but my avatar is also displayed on top of his at the top. On the second screenshot, you can see that I cannot do any action.

Attachments

• 2014-07-03_00001.jpg
    2014-07-03_00001.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 299
  • 2014-07-03_00002.jpg
    2014-07-03_00002.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 269
First off, the beta is great!

Two bugs I noticed, but wasn't able to routinely reproduce, (I'm not sure what causes them).

The first is that sometimes when I have completed my turn, it shows to me that it is my opponent's turn, while my opponent's screen says that it is still my turn. It remains this way indefinitely, and there appears to be no way to resolve this without quitting.

The second issue is that sometimes, when I complete a quest, the quest card shows that the quest is completed, but will not allow me to draw another quest card. I got around this by clicking on various parts of the card until a menu opened behind the completed quest card, and I was able to draw a new card. This seems to occur if you are located at the quest completion site, and do not have the proofs required to complete the quest/ After acquiring the proofs and turning in the quest, all without leaving the destination, the quest will not complete, and the quest card may become invisible.

Hello.
I've got an issue that i'm unable to authenticate. I've added game to GOG, downloaded client, installed it, and downloaded quick updates. When i launched a game, there was a tutorial, but after it, when i tried to launch game, there was some authentication, that showed fail result.. I don't know if i'm doing something wrong, or if this is just a bug ?
Thanks in advance for You help.

Typo:
In the tutorial intro, after starting the game the first time, there is a typo in Geralt's Brew Potions Skill (Special Skill Screen). It says "cardsfrom", where it should read "cards from".

Another typo in the tutorial intro, after starting the game the first time: in the Battles Screen, the first box reads "roll the dices", where it should read "roll the dice" - the plural of dice is dice.
Plus in the compare results box, it reads enemys where it should read "enemies'". Same in box 4.
Double check that, though, as I'm no native english speaker.

Last edited:
Guys many thanks for the first feedback :)

All the language issues will be take care with today's or tomorrows update. As for the other problem we are looking in to them.

As far as i noticed there seems to by typo in my error.
"Authetication" and "Authetication failed" instead of "AutheNtication". So do You know why i can't log in ?

As far as i noticed there seems to by typo in my error.
"Authetication" and "Authetication failed" instead of "AutheNtication". So do You know why i can't log in ?

are you logged in to the Galaxy client? If so and it cannot connect could you redirect your question to gog? They handle to authentication process

There seems to be a problem with Matchmaking right now.

@Rafal Jaki

Do the Private Games work? We seem to be having some trouble with it. Wichat said she joined my game but I can't see her nor she me.

Last edited:
Will try again soon, since we got in a public game. I'll edit this post if we still have problems.

@Rafal Jaki

Edit 1: Something weird was happening with the dice, I could not place them in the little boxes during a fight. Might be something I do not quite get or a bug.

I had to close the game. Will try a private one again.

Last edited:
Hi!
Although I haven't played the game just yet (will do after lunch :)) I thought of mentioning a very minor thing.
The characters presentation order in the tutorial slides seems to always be Geralt->Triss->Dandelion->Yarpen, yet in the last slide (Development Cards) Dandelion and Yarpen switch places.
bb o/

Will try again soon, since we got in a public game. I'll edit this post if we still have problems.

@Rafal Jaki

Edit 1: Something weird was happening with the dice, I could not place them in the little boxes during a fight. Might be something I do not quite get or a bug.

I had to close the game. Will try a private one again.

you can drag and drop the dice or double click on them and they will fill the positions. You have to fill all the spots even if there is no chance of victory - then in the upper part you can click next.

you can drag and drop the dice or double click on them and they will fill the positions. You have to fill all the spots even if there is no chance of victory - then in the upper part you can click next.

I could not fill all the spots. Just 2 of them. The other would not accept any dice. I didn't see a next tab anywhere. :O

@Rafal Jaki

The Private Games definitely have some issues. I tried joining an already existing game with a specific name and I ended up creating a lobby with that name.

Last edited:
There is definitely a bug in the dice throwing phase where the game can soft lock. It hasn't happened to me personally, but two of my opponents have had it. I always drag the dices to the slots, bug might happen when you double click them.

I could not fill all the spots. Just 2 of them. The other would not accept any dice. I didn't see a next tab anywhere. :O

@Rafal Jaki

The Private Games definitely have some issues. I tried joining an already existing game with a specific name and I ended up creating a lobby with that name.

We are looking in to that - could you let us know if the problem is still valid now?

There is definitely a bug in the dice throwing phase where the game can soft lock. It hasn't happened to me personally, but two of my opponents have had it. I always drag the dices to the slots, bug might happen when you double click them.

We have found a blocker that was mentioned - will fix it with the next update (should be available early next week)

We are looking in to that - could you let us know if the problem is still valid now?

I assume you refer to the Private Games. Will try it out once I'm done with my current game. I'll update this post here.

@Rafal Jaki

No the problem still exists. I made a game with a certain name, and then my friend could not join, she would create another game with the same name.

Last edited:
I assume you refer to the Private Games. Will try it out once I'm done with my current game. I'll update this post here.

@Rafal Jaki

No the problem still exists. I made a game with a certain name, and then my friend could not join, she would create another game with the same name.

Could you wait after someone creates a lobby 15 sec ? There could be an issue that the server sees 2 separeted lobbys because you try to join at the same time

Top Bottom