The Witcher 3 patch for PS4 and PS4 Pro is out!

+
Just so everyone knows there was a 5.53 system update this morning and that's not fixed the PS4 Pro issues for me anyway (and a ticket has been submitted already)

OK interesting. I turned the GAMMA right down and that seems to have fixed my issue

Last edited:
Edumiguel;n10801301 said:
Nice feedback!

So what is the best case scenario to enjoy the game with a PS4 PRO + 1080p display setting?

1 - Continue playing the game in 1.30 patch?

2- Install the new patch and continue my game?

3- Start the game all over with the new patch?

4 - None of the above and retire the game. :facepalm:

Best option is to continue playing the game with the 1.30 patch. Do NOT update until a few days after the next patch (after 1.60). So you can read other people's experiences with the patch. The problems I currently am experiencing is the low draw distance and loud fan (don't know if this can be fixed). I'm not going to play this game until they patch it again.

TrishKrish;n10801611 said:
Best option is to continue playing the game with the 1.30 patch. Do NOT update until a few days after the next patch (after 1.60). So you can read other people's experiences with the patch. The problems I currently am experiencing is the low draw distance and loud fan (don't know if this can be fixed). I'm not going to play this game until they patch it again.

Everyone submit a support ticket of the bugs/issues you encounter and link a video of your issue if you can. The sooner CDPR knows about this issue, the better.

http://en.cdprojektred.com/contact-support/

Recieved a response on my support ticket

Hello,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused by this situation. We are aware of this issue and our development team is investigating how to address it.

For now only changing the 4k resolution to something less can help.

If you need any further assistance please don't hesitate and contact us by simply responding to this e-mail.

Wishing you a lovely day ahead,
Karolina of Cintra

Good to know they are aware of the problem and are going to address it.

Edumiguel;n10801301 said:
Nice feedback!

So what is the best case scenario to enjoy the game with a PS4 PRO + 1080p display setting?

1 - Continue playing the game in 1.30 patch?

2- Install the new patch and continue my game?

3- Start the game all over with the new patch?

4 - None of the above and retire the game. :facepalm:

No, there is no need to retire the game, as long as it's playable either with the 1.30 or the new 1.60 patch.

So, nothing is lost yet. lol

The problem is, i can't decide if a wanna play the game on that new patch or the previous 1.30 one.

It seems the majority of the problems that where present on the 1. 50 patch are not existent anymore.

However that doesn't mean that the 1.60 patch is better than the 1.30.

I finished the game on the 1.30 patch + the first DLC and i was half way on the second DLC with over 400hrs of game play.

So, i know what the 1.30 patch is capable off.

I must test the latest patch even further for making a final decision here, but it doesn't feel that solid as the 1.30 patch.

It seems that CDPR has indeed fixed the nasty crashes and strange console behavior with the previous patch, but has tweaked the graphical settings as well, in a strange way.

So, i can't decide if the game feels and plays better with that 1.60 patch in relation to the 1.30. :confused:

Keep in mind that above applies to an 1080p game-play on a PS4 pro Console.

I can't know how the game behaves on 4K with or without HDR!

People that playing the game on a 4K TV have the most problems, as it seems...

Also It seems that the game needs to be tweaked even further for running acceptable on a PS4 Pro and a 4K TV.

Keep in mind, the XBOX One X has the better overall performance and the game seems to make a good use of that extra power.

The game as it was at 1080p, with boost mode (patch 1.30) did run at a stable 30 fps on the PS4 pro but that's it.

Downsampling from 4K to 1080p did made the performance to go to the basement under some circumstances. (patch 1.50)

Now the funny thing.

People have stated that 1.60 patch doesn't work downsampled anymore but just at a native 1080p.

Also i assume the latest patch (1.60) does use the whole power of the console and not only a 40% boost as it was with 1.30 patch.

However, playing the game yesterday for more than 3 hours, it seems something is missing here.

You have a native 1080p resolution, you have the whole 4.2TF power of the PS4 pro, but still the game doesn't feel that smooth as it was with the 1.30 patch.

So, that's strange! :surprised:

Last edited:
mark5916;n10798861 said:

Youtube links aren't working?

mark5916;n10802391 said:
No, there is no need to retire the game, as long as it's playable either with the 1.30 or the new 1.60 patch.

So, nothing is lost yet. lol

The problem is, i can't decide if a wanna play the game on that new patch or the previous 1.30 one.

It seems the majority of the problems that where present on the 1. 50 patch are not existent anymore.

However that doesn't mean that the 1.60 patch is better than the 1.30.

I finished the game on the 1.30 patch + the first DLC and i was half way on the second DLC with over 400hrs of game play.

So, i know what the 1.30 patch is capable off.

I must test the latest patch even further for making a final decision here, but it doesn't feel that solid as the 1.30 patch.

It seems that CDPR has indeed fixed the nasty crashes and strange console behavior with the previous patch, but has tweaked the graphical settings as well, in a strange way.

So, i can't decide if the game feels and plays better with that 1.60 patch in relation to the 1.30. :confused:

Keep in mind that above applies to an 1080p game-play on a PS4 pro Console.

I can't know how the game behaves on 4K with or without HDR!

People that playing the game on a 4K TV have the most problems, as it seems...

Also It seems that the game needs to be tweaked even further for running acceptable on a PS4 Pro and a 4K TV.

Keep in mind, the XBOX One X has the better overall performance and the game seems to make a good use of that extra power.

The game as it was at 1080p, with boost mode (patch 1.30) did run at a stable 30 fps on the PS4 pro but that's it.

Downsampling from 4K to 1080p did made the performance to go to the basement under some circumstances. (patch 1.50)

Now the funny thing.

People have stated that 1.60 patch doesn't work downsampled anymore but just at a native 1080p.

Also i assume the latest patch (1.60) does use the whole power of the console and not only a 40% boost as it was with 1.30 patch.

However, playing the game yesterday for more than 3 hours, it seems something is missing here.

You have a native 1080p resolution, you have the whole 4.2TF power of the PS4 pro, but still the game doesn't feel that smooth as it was with the 1.30 patch.

So, that's strange! :surprised:

Thanks for your detailed answer, Mark.

I noticed an improvement in textures and graphics overall when I started to play in PS4 pro in 1.30 patch. It looks a bit sharper to me and the colors are more vivid with a better contrast. Maybe its the Supersampling I dont know because I´m not that much into tech aspects but I did notice some graphics improvements.

. I didn´t have any crashes because I finished the game before the 1.50 patch was released. So I can´t comment on that. But I had a lot of slowdown issues on inventory screen.

So far I´m having a great experience playing in 1.30 patch on PS4 pro. The only thing that is driving me insane is the fact that I have to switching my console online and offline constantly. I think I wont update to 1.60 just yet.

One more thing. I´ve read CDRP added some romance interactions of Geralt and Triss in one of the patches. Is this present in 1.30 patch?

Edumiguel;n10802561 said:

I noticed an improvement in textures and graphics overall when I started to play in PS4 pro in 1.30 patch. It looks a bit sharper to me and the colors are more vivid with a better contrast. Maybe its the Supersampling I dont know because I´m not that much into tech aspects but I did notice some graphics improvements.

. I didn´t have any crashes because I finished the game before the 1.50 patch was released. So I can´t comment on that. But I had a lot of slowdown issues on inventory screen.

So far I´m having a great experience playing in 1.30 patch on PS4 pro. The only thing that is driving me insane is the fact that I have to switching my console online and offline constantly. I think I wont update to 1.60 just yet.

One more thing. I´ve read CDRP added some romance interactions of Geralt and Triss in one of the patches. Is this present in 1.30 patch?

>I noticed an improvement in textures and graphics overall when I started to play in PS4 pro in 1.30 patch. It looks a bit sharper to me and the colors are more vivid with a better contrast. Maybe its the Supersampling I dont know because I´m not that much into tech aspects but I did notice some graphics improvements.

Well, as far as i can tell, the game with patch 1.30 feels more the way you described above.

Sharper, more vivid colors and better contrast.

However, keep in mind, i have compared pictures with the 1.30 patch and the previous 1.50 patch.

The game with the 1.30 patch didn't had any sort of anti aliased textures in comparison to the 1.50 patch.

And that's why the picture looks very clear and crisp i would say.

On the other side, even if the 1.50 patch did hurt the performance of the game quite a lot, the graphics where way better and wheres Anti aliased pretty good as well.

Also to mention, PS4 AA feature (that became reality with the latest console update) did not had any affect on the game with the 1.30 patch.

Some people here on those forums have stated that it works now with that latest 1.60 patch.

How much of an performance penalty we should expect from that, i don't know. I wanna try this out ,later if i get home.

So now, the 1.60 patch is a strange one.

AA seems to be slightly present, and perhaps that's the reason why the fps seems to go a bit down in Novigrad at night and heavy rain.

It's not that bad as it was with the 1.50 patch (actually it has been greatly improved) but it's not that solid as it as with the patch 1.30 either.

Also lighting sources seems to have changed on that 1.60 patch, and it seems the colors are more cold than warm this time around.

I'm just asking myself.

Would it be impossible to revert the state of the game as it was with the 1.30 patch and just add HDR on it?

If non AA would be a problem for some, they can always enable it through the console.

Of course, i wanna say that again, the PS4 AA feature did not work at all with patch 1.3! (at least not on my console)

That perhaps that would be a challenge for CDPR to get it sorted.

But really, that would be the best case scenario on that matter.

And if the console can't keep up with the AA feature enabled (because of the distance draw anomalies) then just don't enable that.

I guess the console is too week, for that game at 4K with AA and with the HDR feature.

And i don't think there will be viable solution to meet all those above criteria at 4K.

So far, i have seen only workarounds that works for some and doesn't work well on others.

That game has been coded in first place with an regular PS4 in mind.

As it seems 4K on that particular game (even with the PS4 Pro) doesn't cut it

>One more thing. I've read read CDRP added some romance interactions of Geralt and Triss in one of the patches. Is this present in 1.30 patch

The 1.30 was one of the latest game patches. 1.31 didn't add anything related to that.

So, it must be on a previous patch, and if I'm not mistaken it was patch 1.10. So it will work with the patch 1.30 as well.;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also, i wanna post a video that shows the fps differences between the 1.51 and 1.61 patch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HLo5S1ttHc&t=268s

As you can see, the fps goes down to 26-27 on the 1.50/1.51 patch at night with rain.

I can ensure you (that video doesn't show that) if you lit the torch on such a situation as well, the fps will go down even more.

For example, if you are in Novigrad, it does rain and you run with an lit torch. (it goes down to the 20s)

Note: the above video was posted earlier on that topic...https://forums.cdprojektred.com/foru...h-issues/page2 ...from dasolidproof (post #25)

Last edited:
Edumiguel;n10802561 said:

Supersampling has no effect at all on 1.30 because 1.30 resolution is 1080p. Resolution needs to be higher than that, like 1440p, 1800p or 2160p for SS to work, then it will downsample the image and clean up the aliasing and sharpen textures as we saw in 1.50.

vic020;n10802851 said:
Supersampling has no effect at all on 1.30 because 1.30 resolution is 1080p. Resolution needs to be higher than that, like 1440p, 1800p or 2160p for SS to work, then it will downsample the image and clean up the aliasing and sharpen textures as we saw in 1.50.

Well, should i ask you a question?

Does the 1.60 patch work at a native 1080p or at a higher resolution internally and the down sampled to 1080p?

Because if the true is the first part, then AA will not work on that patch either, even if you enable it through the console.

Some people have stated they have enabled AA (from the console) but that did had a negative effect to the draw distance.

So, what's up with that?

THANKS! ;)

mark5916;n10802871 said:
Well, should i ask you a question?

Does the 1.60 patch work at a native 1080p or at a higher resolution internally and the down sampled to 1080p?

Because if the true is the first part, then AA will not work on that patch either, even if you enable it through the console.

Some people have stated they have enabled AA (from the console) but that did had a negative effect to the draw distance.

So, what's up with that?

THANKS! ;)

Playing on a 1080p tv, patch 1.60 is native 1080p on a Pro if you disable supersampling in the PS4 settings. If you enable supersampling in PS4 settings it will force the game to render at the higher resolution 2160p and then downsample the image to your 1080p tv and you'll get the cleaner, less aliased image but also the bad pop-in introduced with 1.60.

Last edited:
vic020;n10802931 said:
Playing on a 1080p tv, patch 1.60 is native 1080p on a Pro if you disable supersampling in the PS4 settings. If you enable supersampling in PS4 settings it will force the game to render at the higher resolution 2160p and then downsample the image to your 1080p tv and you'll get the cleaner, less aliased image but also the bad pop-in introduced with 1.60.

>patch 1.60 is native 1080p on a Pro

Well that was the case with the 1.30 patch as well, if I'm not mistaken.

Why forcing AA did not work on that previous (1.30) patch then?

Thanks for clearing out the situation. ;)

mark5916;n10802961 said:
>patch 1.60 is native 1080p on a Pro

Well that was the case with the 1.30 patch as well, if I'm not mistaken.

Why forcing AA did not work on that previous (1.30) patch then?

Thanks for clearing out the situation. ;)

The game has to be able to render above 1080p first before SS will work. Forcing Supersampling will not work on 1.30 because that version of the game was not able to render above 1080p, it has no 4k mode and needed to be patched to enable the higher resolution. CDPR added the code in patch 1.50 to enable the game to render 2160p for 4k tv's and downsample for 1080p tv's.The code is still there of course in 1.60 so it will recognise if you are playing on a 4k tv and you will get 2160, but now it does not automatically downsample for 1080p users which is why you have to set SS to on in PS4 settings for downsample.

Last edited:
hamerisltu;n10803081 said:
the same on my ps4 pro. game start with only white and yellow collors, i cant even play now.... thanks

Try lowering gamma/brightness setting. That worked for others.

vic020;n10803031 said:
The game has to be able to render above 1080p first before SS will work. Forcing Supersampling will not work on 1.30 because that version of the game was not able to render above 1080p, it has no 4k mode and needed to be patched to enable the higher resolution. CDPR added the code in patch 1.50 to enable the game to render 2160p for 4k tv's and downsample for 1080p tv's.The code is still there of course in 1.60 so it will recognise if you are playing on a 4k tv and you will get 2160, but now it does not automatically downsample for 1080p users which is why you have to set SS to on in PS4 settings for downsample.

Thanks man, you've been very helpful!

:cheers:

Looks great!!!

I just had an unpleasent surprise. My wife was watching netflix on my console and the game updatedto 1.60 patch. I deleted the game data and installed it again while offilne. now im on 1.30 again. I uploaded my save files to PSN+ cloud services just to make sure I have a backup. I tried to copy to an USB drive but somehow my ps4 didnt read it.

So....should I updated it? Should I update it and keep playing in my 1.30 save game. Or should I start over playing on 1.60 patch???

Mark help me with this one :D

Last edited:
Edumiguel;n10803881 said:
Looks great!!!

I just had an unpleasent surprise. My wife was watching netflix on my console and the game updatedto 1.60 patch. I deleted the game data and installed it again while offilne. now im on 1.30 patch again but when I load the game I dont get the supersampling pop up on my screen anymore. Why? Thats weird. I dont want to do to restore my console to factory settings but seems like I dont have much options.

> Looks great!!!

Download those and look them at full screen in your computer or TV screen.

Imgur (if you try to zoom in (+)) does distort the images and they lose sharpness!

>Now I'm on 1.30 patch again but when I load the game I don't get the SS pop up on my screen anymore.

If the game runs on the 1.30 patch, you should normally see an confirmation whilst in-game. However keep in mind SS does not work on the 1.30 patch.

If you have updated the game to the latest 1.60 patch (i guess SS does apply on that patch) you don't get a confirmation.

At least i didn't got one. lol

Also, the fan starts to run quite high at instances with SS enabled!

Top Bottom