The Witcher 3 patch for PS4 and PS4 Pro is out!

+
Hi,

I've got a Sony 4K HDR TV (KD-49XD8305) and a PS4 Pro.

I encountered a problem after today's patch got installed : the PS4 display automatically falls back from 4K to 1080p when I launch the game (it used to work OK before the patch).

After tweaking the PS4 settings a little bit, it seems like there is no fallback to 1080p if I turn the PS4 HDR settings to "Off" instead of "Automatic".

Tried to delete and reinstall the game but it didn't change anything.

Any way to play the game with HDR and in 4K ?

Thanks a lot

tbwtbw1;n10795821 said:
Hi,

I encountered a problem after today's patch got installed : the PS4 display automatically falls back from 4K to 1080p when I launch the game (it used to work OK before the patch).

After tweaking the PS4 settings a little bit, it seems like there is no fallback to 1080p if I turn the PS4 HDR settings to "Off" instead of "Automatic".

Thanks a lot

Here too. But I have a 1080 TV with no HDR and PS4 Pro. The game with the previous patch were 4K but now the game looks like 1080p

mark5916;n10795841 said:
If your saves are relying on the 1.50/1.51 patch they will be updated to 1.60/1.61 version. ;)

Hey Mark, you seem to know about the game and helped me a lot. I want to try the new patch. I have both versions of the game. I´m currently playing the complete edition on disc with the 1.30 patch. If I upload my save file on 1.30 patch to PSN+ cloud, installed the new patch and need to go back to 1.30 its as easy as delete the game data and install it again and load my 1.30 patch save file?

tbwtbw1;n10795821 said:
Hi,

Thanks a lot

Have you configured your TV properly?

https://community.playstation.com/co...khdr-j8KL.html

I don't know if that applies to your Monitor, but worth a try. ;)

Villaran92;n10795401 said:
I have the Pro + 1080 TV and I think the downsampling has disappeared. My game doesn't look like 4K :(
Anyone can confirm that?

I have the same configuration.

I will update later if i get home, and will compare pictures from the 1.50 vs 1.60 patch. ;)

<in a couple of hours> I'm not home right now.

Last edited:
mark5916;n10796111 said:
I have the same configuration.

I will update later if i get home, and will compare pictures from the 1.50 vs 1.60 patch. ;)

<in a couple of hours> I'm not home right now.

Thank you :)

Hey Mark, you seem to know about the game and helped me a lot. I want to try the new patch. I have both versions of the game. I´m currently playing the complete edition on disc with the 1.30 patch. If I upload my save file on 1.30 patch to PSN+ cloud, installed the new patch and need to go back to 1.30 its as easy as delete the game data and install it again and load my 1.30 patch save file?

Edumiguel;n10796181 said:

I would rather backup the save file that relies on the 1.30 patch on an external storage device.

If you update the game to the latest 1.60/1.61 patch and it does bring problems to your game-play, (disconnect your PS4 from being online first), delete the game from your PS4 HDD and the saves from the 1.6 patch, and install the game from scratch from the GOTY edition disc. After that copy your 1.30 version save file from the external storage device to your PS4 HDD back.

Now, you can continue your game relying on the previous 1.30 patch. ;)

Villaran92;n10796161 said:
Thank you :)

I will post some comparison pictures too.

So, we can see if that's indeed the case with downgrading the graphics on the latest 1.60/161 patch. ;)

tbwtbw1;n10796321 said:
Thanks a lot Mark, that indeed fixed it :

Press the HOME button, then select [Settings] — [External inputs] — [HDMI signal format], then choose Enhanced instead of Standard

Yeah, i hoped it would fix your problem.

Of course i couldn't know if the above would apply to all SONY Bravia TVs, but it seems settings hasn't changed much between different Sony models.

Glad you got it fixed. I hope you enjoy the game! ;)

OH MY GOD!!! NOOOOO!! the draw distance on ground objects like grass reduced like a ps2. Game draws grass on the ground in like only 5 meter radius from geralt. wtf ?? The pop in is unbelievable bad. The flat ground texture in the distance looks like something from PS2 ERA!!!!!!.

mark5916;n10796251 said:
I would rather backup the save file that relies on the 1.30 patch on an external storage device.

If you update the game to the latest 1.60/1.61 patch and it does bring problems to your game-play, (disconnect your PS4 from being online first), delete the game from your PS4 HDD and the saves from the 1.6 patch, and install the game from scratch from the GOTY edition disc. After that copy your 1.30 version save file from the external storage device to your PS4 HDD back.

Now, you can continue your game relying on the previous 1.30 patch. ;)

Thanks Mark!

Please let us know your impressions on the new patch!

GaiusCylon;n10796631 said:
OH MY GOD!!! NOOOOO!! the draw distance on ground objects like grass reduced like a ps2. Game draws grass on the ground in like only 5 meter radius from geralt. wtf ?? The pop in is unbelievable bad. The flat ground texture in the distance looks like something from PS2 ERA!!!!!!.

Add non working inventory to this "wtf" xaxaxa

Edumiguel;n10796681 said:
Thanks Mark!

Please let us know your impressions on the new patch!

Will do if i get home ;)

Also i forgotten to say, if you play with the 1.30 patch, keep the PS4 disconnected from the internet.

But i guess you know that already anyway. lol

GaiusCylon;n10796631 said:

Yeah there are some minor pop ups in the distances, and tress are changing the details levels are you come closes to those.

Do you play with an PS4 , PS4 Pro, on a 4K or 1080p Monitor or TV?

Top Bottom