The Witcher 3 patch for PS4 and PS4 Pro is out!

+
mark5916;n10796771 said:
Will do if i get home ;)

Also i forgotten to say, if you play with the 1.30 patch, keep the PS4 disconnected from the internet.

But i guess you know that already anyway. lol

Yup i´m doing this to prevent the game beeing updated. Seems like I wont bother with the new patch. I bet even if I start a new game with the 1.60 patch it wont look as a nice as it looks on 1.30 patch with boost mode active.

mark5916;n10796841 said:
Yeah there are some minor pop ups in the distances, and tress are changing the details levels are you come closes to those.

Do you play with an PS4 , PS4 Pro, on a 4K or 1080p Monitor or TV?

PS4 PRO, TV 4K SONY 905E.... This is so disappointing ... this is sad ...

GaiusCylon;n10796891 said:

Do you have supersampling enabled in ps4 settings? Turn off supersampling if you do. Someone else reported that disabling supersampling fixed the worse pop-up, but you'll lose downsampling of course.

Edit: Nevermind, I missed that you were using a 4k tv.

Last edited:
Edumiguel;n10796871 said:
Yup i´m doing this to prevent the game beeing updated. Seems like I wont bother with the new patch. I bet even if I start a new game with the 1.60 patch it wont look as a nice as it looks on 1.30 patch with boost mode active.

Yeah, that's the key here.

1.30 patch supports Boost mode. The previous 1.50/1.51 patch didn't support Boost mode, as it runs downsampled with greater picture quality and the full potential of the PS Pro GPU.

Most probably 1.60 patch doesn't support Boost mode either, but i guess it uses also the whole potential of the PS4 Pro.

Now, the Big question: if the patch has decreased the quality of the game to be similar to patch 1.30 (how good or how worse must to be seen) or even completely eliminated the super sample feature from the 1.50 patch, will it run the same good or eve better that the 1.30 patch (at least) on the PS4 Pro?

Also keep in mind i do not have an 4K screen.

So, now in my case there are two options.

Either, play with the 1.30 patch - Boost mode activated - getting stable 30 fps in the most if not on every possible situation.

Play with the patch 1.60 (taking to account that supersample doesn't exist anymore) - full PS4 pro potential - locked 30 fps gameplay(?!?)

Last edited:
GaiusCylon;n10796891 said:

Oh well, that's very unfortunate.

I do not own a 4TV, so i can't make the comparison. :/

mark5916;n10797061 said:
Yeah, that's the key here.

1.30 patch supports Boost mode. The previous 1.50/1.51 patch didn't support Boost mode, as it runs downsampled with greater picture quality and the full potential of the PS Pro GPU.

Most probably 1.60 patch doesn't support Boost mode either, but i guess it uses also the whole potential of the PS4 Pro.

Now, the Big question: if the patch has decreased the quality of the game to be similar to patch 1.30 (how good or how worse must to be seen) or even completely eliminated the super sample feature from the 1.50 patch, will it run the same good or eve better that the 1.30 patch (at least) on the PS4 Pro?

Also keep in mind i do not have an 4K screen.

So, now in my case there are two options.

Either, play with the 1.30 patch - Boost mode activated - getting stable 30 fps in the most if not on every possible situation.

Play with the patch 1.60 (taking to account that supersample doesn't exist anymore) - full PS4 pro potential - locked 30 fps gameplay(?!?)

I have PS4 PRO + 1080p display. I don´t have 4K tv either.

Let me know if you think the game looks and runs better with the 1.60 patch. If it does, I may consider starting a new game on 1.60 patch. I´m not that far I just got to Velen and did some contracts and the Wondering in the Dark quest.

Did you notice any graphic upgrade playing on the PS4 Pro 1.50 patch without supersampling? It looks way better to me on Ps4 PRO 1.30 game patch than on the regular PS4 console and 1.50 patch that I was playing.

Oh, my... Can't you guys launch a patch without breaking something else? It completely destroyed the graphics. Draw distance is terrible and I started to doubt about the 4k support due to the high amount of aliasing, just like prior to the 4k patch. I'm completely disappointed..

mark5916;n10797191 said:
What level are you in?

The last time i played, i was Level 18 with the 1.5 patch.

Why does level have to do with anything? I am level 38 and I stopped playing this damn game in december due to this damned bug. 5 months have I been waiting for this. 5 months. The update is here and my game still crashes

Edumiguel;n10797201 said:
I have PS4 PRO + 1080p display. I don´t have 4K tv either.

Let me know if you think the game looks and runs better with the 1.60 patch. If it does, I may consider starting a new game on 1.60 patch. I´m not that far I just got to Velen and did some contracts and the Wondering in the Dark quest.

Did you notice any graphic upgrade playing on the PS4 Pro 1.50 patch without supersampling? It looks way better to me on Ps4 PRO 1.30 game patch than on the regular PS4 console and 1.50 patch that I was playing.

Haven't downloaded 1.60 patch yet.

Will do if I'm getting home soon.

The previous 1.50 patch downsampled from 4K to 1080p did indeed improve the quality of the scenes. (that's on the PS4 Pro)

Way less jaggies (almost unnoticeable except you zoom in into the picture more than 200%) especially on Geralt.

Performance did go down though. I was struggling to play the game as the fps was worse most of the time especially at night sessions with rain.

To be honest it was a pain to play that way. You could't focus on the brilliant story maneuvering Geralt that way.

And unfortunately it seems it rains a lot on the Witcher 3 game after the latest patches. lol

Note: I don't own the regular PS4 console anymore, so i can't know about the performance on that matter.

I am level 53 I am about to finish the game completely I didn't have any problem before or now with new patch but I am sorry to see it didn't fix crashes for others and it created graphic problems for others .

skovacevic96;n10797241 said:
Why does level have to do with anything? I am level 38 and I stopped playing this damn game in december due to this damned bug. 5 months have I been waiting for this. 5 months. The update is here and my game still crashes

I will tell you why, right away.

I stopped playing the game because the worst performance on the PS4 Pro with the 1.50 patch (keep in mind i play on an 1080p TV)

However, i did not encountered any crashes on merchants or alike with that patch.

If I'm not mistaken in a previous post you have stated that...on earlier stages you don't encounter crashes but only after you have leveled up Geralt quite a bit.

That's why the question about your level status.;)

Look at the response of Bracala as well.

mark5916;n10797421 said:
I will tell you why, right away.

I stopped playing the game because the worst performance on the PS4 Pro with the 1.50 patch (keep in mind i play on an 1080p TV)

However, i did not encountered any crashes on merchants or alike with that patch.

If I'm not mistaken in a previous post you have stated that...on earlier stages you don't encounter crashes but only after you have leveled up Geralt quite a bit.

That's why the question about your level status.;)

Look at the response of Bracala as well.

The mods on the forum promised that this patch will solve the inventory bug issue. It was stated by both PR and developer. The patch is out and my bug is still here. That is why I am asking.

mark5916;n10797361 said:
Haven't downloaded 1.60 patch yet.

Will do if I'm getting home soon.

The previous 1.50 patch downsampled from 4K to 1080p did indeed improve the quality of the scenes. (that's on the PS4 Pro)

Way less jaggies (almost unnoticeable except you zoom in into the picture more than 200%) especially on Geralt.

Performance did go down though. I was struggling to play the game as the fps was worse most of the time especially at night sessions with rain.

To be honest it was a pain to play that way. You could't focus on the brilliant story maneuvering Geralt that way.

And unfortunately it seems it rains a lot on the Witcher 3 game after the latest patches. lol

Note: I don't own the regular PS4 console anymore, so i can't know about the performance on that matter.

I didnt play on PS4 PRO with the previous patch. I upgraded to the PRO a few weeks ago and started playing GOTY version with 1.30 patch right away on it.

Let us know if its safe and the performance is good when starting a new game on the new patch. If its all good and smooth I will start a new game. I´m tired of pluging and unpluging the internet cables!

Edumiguel;n10797491 said:
I didnt play on PS4 PRO with the previous patch. I upgraded to the PRO a few weeks ago and started playing GOTY version with 1.30 patch right away on it.

Let us know if its safe and the performance is good when starting a new game on the new patch. If its all good and smooth I will start a new game. I´m tired of pluging and unpluging the internet cables!

ΟΚ. ;)

skovacevic96;n10797471 said:
The mods on the forum promised that this patch will solve the inventory bug issue. It was stated by both PR and developer. The patch is out and my bug is still here. That is why I am asking.

Yeah man i understand that, i would just backup my saves and try to start the game over.

So, the save should be a clean 1.60 patch save and not override an existing save file.

If your 1.50 saves files are compromised from that crash bug you mentioned earlier, the 1.60 patch may not able to fix that.

That's only an assumption.

And of course i do not question your troubles with the 1.50 patch.

I guess, that was the BIG problem on that patch.

So people (like you) did encounter huge crash problems am so others did not. (like me)

And i said that on a previous post...that patching a game over and over again for achieving better results sometimes it has exactly the opposite results.

Obviously that's why it took so long for CDPR to figure a workaround out.

If that did the game to perform better or more stable that must to be seen.;)

GaiusCylon;n10796631 said:
OH MY GOD!!! NOOOOO!! the draw distance on ground objects like grass reduced like a ps2. Game draws grass on the ground in like only 5 meter radius from geralt. wtf ?? The pop in is unbelievable bad. The flat ground texture in the distance looks like something from PS2 ERA!!!!!!.

That looks terrible. Disappointing that the patch just brought in more problems... Honestly at this point, I almost actually would have preferred this game to not have been pro patched at all. 1.30 with boost mode, locked 30 fps. Now we get crashes and the game is unplayable. I know there is the option of staying disconnected from the internet and playing with the patch 1.30 (complete edition) but I already have a 50 hr save that doesn't work with 1.30 and every time I connect online to update other games, I don't want to have to worry about witcher 3 accidentally updating...

Last edited:
mark5916;n10797631 said:
So, the save should be a clean 1.60 patch save and not override an existing save file.

If your 1.50 saves files are compromised from that crash bug you mentioned earlier, the 1.60 patch may not able to fix that.

That's only an assumption.

This could definitely be a possibility. But if not, imagine restarting a save, just to have the same problem show up again 40 hours later?

Top Bottom