The Witcher 3 patch for PS4 and PS4 Pro is out!

+
MTaranto;n10798821 said:
When I noticed the terrible draw distance I quit playing almost immediately. I also could notice that sometimes I can see through the very first armor that Geralt is using, in white orchard.

When my game loads the background is so shiny that I can see the ps4 OS in the back lolz. I can see my store offers when my game is loading haha that is insane

Last edited by a moderator:
MTaranto;n10797221 said:
Oh, my... Can't you guys launch a patch without breaking something else? It completely destroyed the graphics. Draw distance is terrible and I started to doubt about the 4k support due to the high amount of aliasing, just like prior to the 4k patch. I'm completely disappointed..

At least the textures are better from close? I rather better textures with a little down on resolution....but I didn t notice any difference

Very, very professional CDPR. Draw distance RIP, foliage on skellige RIP (it looks like pc on low settings). 4 months delay for this sh***?? How can you release something like this? I want back patch 1.5 or a refund!!!!

Thaaaaaaaaaank you so much! enjoying it right now :D

Well.. nvm the draw distance is pretty ugly right now wtf?

Last edited:
YOU GUYS FIXED THE INVENTORY CRASHING! Joy of joys! Thank you very much (even if it took 7 months). Honestly, it could look like Turok freakin two and I would be happy at this point since I can actually play. Looks like y'all figured out how to display witcher gear text without crashing... nice job (even if it took 7 months). And just in time for the end of tax season! It would have been nice to know... yanno, anything... about when or even if Id get to ever play again. But i am greatful (even if it took 7 months).

Man, I cant wait to get up in my inventory and scroll all over the place, compare the crap outta things, all crash free. Now the only thing is to contemplate starting a new game... i dont remember what Geralt was doing in September (besides yelling at his PS4s blue crash screen). This probably sounds a tad sarcastic... it probably is. But still, I am actually greatful to y'all for making it work (even if..-). :)

amesh;n10799781 said:
YOU GUYS FIXED THE INVENTORY CRASHING! Joy of joys! Thank you very much (even if it took 7 months). Honestly, it could look like Turok freakin two and I would be happy at this point since I can actually play. Looks like y'all figured out how to display witcher gear text without crashing... nice job (even if it took 7 months). And just in time for the end of tax season! It would have been nice to know... yanno, anything... about when or even if Id get to ever play again. But i am greatful (even if it took 7 months).

Man, I cant wait to get up in my inventory and scroll all over the place, compare the crap outta things, all crash free. Now the only thing is to contemplate starting a new game... i dont remember what Geralt was doing in September (besides yelling at his PS4s blue crash screen). This probably sounds a tad sarcastic... it probably is. But still, I am actually greatful to y'all for making it work (even if..-). :)

You can play the game after loading - but beware that I got crash again. I fixed it by rebuilding database and reinstalling the game and now I have no crashes. Problem is draw distance which is shorter than... nevermind. Its unplayable almost.

What the hell is that? This is UNBELIEVABLE. I waited so long and this patch is completely broken. You know why your PS4 Pro fans are silent? Because they REMOVED 1080P SUPERSAMPLING. Yes Im not joking, they removed it completely. YOU ARE PLAYING IN 1080P AS REGULAR PS4 USER WOULD PLAY. Now if you want to use it you have to go system settings and check system wide supersampling which was intented for BROKEN games and Witcher 3 is now classified as broken. System wide SS also blurries out text because it's a bypass for BROKEN GAMES not to be used with games that have (LOL HAD) SS. Why give a SS and then remove it? WHAT'S THE POINT?

Pop-in is horrible compared to old version. The game is literally unplayable on PRO now, It's a HUGE DOWNGRADE, very huge.

I regret downloading it. Before I could play the game in Supersampling mode with minor issues and without HDR. Now I just CAN'T PLAY IT AT ALL. IT LOOKS LIKE ON REGULAR PS4 INSTEAD OF PRO. Why did you brake things that worked.

This is something ridicoulous. Seriously what's wrong with You? Did someone, just ONE person test the patch before release? I don't think so.

And I need to wait (maybe next 6 months?) to patch completely broken patch. You know I really liked You but Im starting to think that reports on the internet about how you work weren't completely false because this "patch" is a complete MESS.

Last edited:
Fan issues is still an issue, no hdr calibration that’s weird. Noticed the draw distance is reduced and objects like small rocks on the ground suddenly pop in. I’m on the pro,

Grn85;n10800541 said:
Naf_Vincent_Iglesi On a 4k tv its turned off by default and the draw distance problem is still there. Should i force 1080p for a broken patch ? Looool

hi have ps4 pro without 4k tv in 1080p mode with supersample on the pop-in trees and grases bug is there

but without supersample ps4 pro 1080p mode the game is great fan no noise,bug inventory fixed,fps is great,all combat action is great

sryy for gremmmer

No Title

DJBase;n10800441 said:
Fan issues is still an issue, no hdr calibration that’s weird. Noticed the draw distance is reduced and objects like small rocks on the ground suddenly pop in. I’m on the pro,

HDR is barely working if it works at all.

Attachments

• photo206201.jpg
    photo206201.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 158
  • photo206221.jpg
    photo206221.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 168
mark5916;n10798861 said:
The Witcher 3 v1.50 pictures.

https://imgur.com/a/V5dPC

The Witcher 3 v1.60 pictures.

https://imgur.com/a/VFuXZ

Some lightning effects i could not reproduce the same way, regardless the day time.

Lightning and shadow schematic seems to have been changed completely on that 1.60 patch. If that's good or bad i can't tell. lol

It seems like an tweaked down version of the patch 1.30/1.31 that should favor the performance of an regular PS4.

Someone must try that latest patch on the regular PS4 and reply back.

GOOD NEWS:
  • Inventory speed has been increased especially navigating through the different items.
  • Inventory crashes has been fixed. Tried on three different vendors.
  • Large item description has been fixed. At last!
  • Stash behaves the same way as vendor menus. So, comparing items and large description has been fixed too.
  • No crashes so far.
  • No fan noises from the Console at all. Exact as it was with the patch 1.30/1.31
  • Performance has been increased in Novigrad at night sessions with or without rain, with or without a lit torch.
  • No nasty pop ups encountered so far, at least not with the PS4 pro on a 1080p TV. View distance of the trees has been tweaked though.
  • Performance should be on par with patch 1.30/1.31

BAD NEWS:
  • AA seems to have suffered a bit, but very difficult to make the comparison, as even the slightest angle could make a difference.

VIDEOS:

Inventory Comparison Merchant 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu4L...ature=youtu.be

Inventory comparison Merchant 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9h1...ature=youtu.be

Inventory comparison Merchant 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8x6...ature=youtu.be

Roach ride - Distance draw: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xdl...ature=youtu.be

Stash and walking in the rain: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBoW...ature=youtu.be

Used system: PS4 Pro - 1080p TV. Game progress: Lv. 17.
< Upgraded from patch 1.50 to 1.60 >

Nice feedback!

So what is the best case scenario to enjoy the game with a PS4 PRO + 1080p display setting?

1 - Continue playing the game in 1.30 patch?

2- Install the new patch and continue my game?

3- Start the game all over with the new patch?

4 - None of the above and retire the game. :facepalm:

Top Bottom