The Witcher 3 patch for PS4 and PS4 Pro is out!

+
mark5916;n10803981 said:
> Looks great!!!

Download those and look them at full screen in your computer or TV screen.

Imgur (if you try to zoom in (+)) does distort the images and they lose sharpness!

>Now I'm on 1.30 patch again but when I load the game I don't get the SS pop up on my screen anymore.

If the game runs on the 1.30 patch, you should normally see an confirmation whilst in-game. However keep in mind SS does not work on the 1.30 patch.

If you have updated the game to the latest 1.60 patch (i guess SS does apply on that patch) you don't get a confirmation.

At least i didn't got one. lol

Also, the fan starts to run quite high at instances with SS enabled!

Im now on 1.30 patch and rebooted the console and SS pop up is showing. Mine seems to run SS on 1.30 patch. I always got the pop up

So....should I updated it? Should I update it and keep playing in my 1.30 save game. Or should I start over playing on 1.60 patch???

Mark help me with this one!!!

And Yes yout screenshots looks amazing! Does the game run smoothly in busy areas???

Edumiguel;n10804041 said:
Im now on 1.30 patch and rebooted the console and SS pop up is showing. Mine seems to run SS on 1.30 patch. I always got the pop up

So....should I updated it? Should I update it and keep playing in my 1.30 save game. Or should I start over playing on 1.60 patch???

And Yes yout screenshots looks amazing! Does the game run smoothly in busy areas???

I've read that the SS pop-up message appears on the first game you start up after powering on console, even if that game does not support SS. It's just to warn you that you have SS turned on. As Mark said, SS has no effect on v1.30.

Edumiguel;n10804041 said:

---------------

So, you play at 1.30 right now.

So, i guess you know how the game behaves, how does it look and similar stuff with that patch.

Also I assume you own the G.O.T.Y. edition of the game.

If you wanna try out the 1.6 patch (leave SS enabled), do the following before updating the game to patch 1.6.

Make a backup from your saves that are relying on that 1.30 patch on an external storage device.

Start the game, and load any 1.30 save file.

The 1.30 save file(s) will be automatically be updated to 1.60 saves.

Play the game and examine any differences in relation to the patch 1.30.

If you like it, continue to play that way, or even start over with an new game play and a save that relies completely on the 1.6 patch.

If you don't like the 1.60 patch (*for whatever reason) and you wanna revert the game to it's previous state and continue to play with the 1.30 patch do the following...

Delete the whole game from your HDD, and any save(s) that are related to the 1.60 patch.

Disconnect the Console from the internet (or just switch off your router) and install the game from the G.O.T.Y. edition disc.

After that, copy your earlier 1.30 save files from your external storage device back to the console, and fire up the game.

Now, you can continue your game-play with the 1.30 patch.

*It would be very useful for the community if you would tell us what you didn't liked on that 1.60 patch in comparison to the 1.30 patch.

mark5916;n10804191 said:
---------------

So, you play at 1.30 right now.

So, i guess you know how the game behaves, how does it look and similar stuff with that patch.

Also I assume you own the G.O.T.Y. edition of the game.

If you wanna try out the 1.6 patch (leave SS enabled), do the following before updating the game to patch 1.6.

Make a backup from your saves that are relying on that 1.30 patch on an external storage device.

Start the game, and load any 1.30 save file.

The 1.30 save file(s) will be automatically be updated to 1.60 saves.

Play the game and examine any differences in relation to the patch 1.30.

If you like it, continue to play that way, or even start over with an new game play and a save that relies completely on the 1.6 patch.

If you don't like the 1.60 patch (*for whatever reason) and you wanna revert the game to it's previous state and continue to play with the 1.30 patch do the following...

Delete the whole game from your HDD, and any save(s) that are related to the 1.60 patch.

Disconnect the Console from the internet (or just switch off your router) and install the game from the G.O.T.Y. edition disc.

After that, copy your earlier 1.30 save files from your external storage device back to the console, and fire up the game.

Now, you can continue your game-play with the 1.30 patch.

*It would be very useful for the community if you would tell us what you didn't liked on that 1.60 patch in comparison to the 1.30 patch.

I will give the 1.60 patch a try and see how it goes.

I dont have any USB drive at the moment to backup my save files. It is save to backup it up on PSN+ cloud, right?

You are still playing on 1.60 patch? You are going to stick with it?

Edumiguel;n10804261 said:
I will give the 1.60 patch a try and see how it goes.

I don't have any USB drive at the moment to backup my save files. It is save to backup it up on PSN+ cloud, right?

You are still playing on 1.60 patch? You are going to stick with it?

>I don't have any USB drive at the moment to backup my save files. It is save to backup it up on PSN+ cloud, right?

Yes, back it up to the cloud, and if you wanna play the game with the previous (1.3 patch) just copy that save file back to your Consoles HDD, delete the game, then disconnect the console from the internet, and then you know what you must do. ;)

>You are still playing on 1.60 patch? You are going to stick with it?

I don't know really. It's a weird situation. I will play the game until i get to Novigrad, and then i will see how it performs with AA enabled.

If it performs decently, i may continue from there.

And if i say decently i mean:

1) The frame-rate should be near to the 30s in Novigrad at Night, with rain and with an lit torch. (walking and running)

2) Inside Novigrad homes that you can enter, some of those are very dark. If a lit the torch and i don't get dizzy examining the room and going upwards the stairs.

If the game runs decently on those two above scenarios, i may continue with the 1.60 patch.

If not, i think i will leave that game for now and play something else. lol (Assasin's Creed Origin for example - What a game!)

No Title

Ok so... i think the Draw Distance is not just affecting while you're moving, it's glitching Cutscenes too, check the video i just uploaded from my PS4 Pro.

I'm using 4K resolution and HDR

I added before/after screenshot too

WARNING: the colors are showing correctly on my TV, the weird colors are due to recording when HDR is enabled.

Video:

https://youtu.be/LJym7thPV9M

Attachments

• photo206401.jpg
    photo206401.jpg
    367.3 KB · Views: 93
  • photo206411.jpg
    photo206411.jpg
    367.8 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
narukun;n10804671 said:
Ok so... i think the Draw Distance is not just affecting while you're moving, it's glitching Cutscenes too, check the video i just uploaded from my PS4 Pro.

*** Weird colors due to HDR ***

Video:

Everyone submit a support ticket of the bugs/issues you encounter and link a video of your issue if you can. The sooner CDPR knows about this issue, the better.

http://en.cdprojektred.com/contact-support/

mark5916;n10804401 said:
>I don't have any USB drive at the moment to backup my save files. It is save to backup it up on PSN+ cloud, right?

Yes, back it up to the cloud, and if you wanna play the game with the previous (1.3 patch) just copy that save file back to your Consoles HDD, delete the game, then disconnect the console from the internet, and then you know what you must do. ;)

>You are still playing on 1.60 patch? You are going to stick with it?

I don't know really. It's a weird situation. I will play the game until i get to Novigrad, and then i will see how it performs with AA enabled.

If it performs decently, i may continue from there.

And if i say decently i mean:

1) The frame-rate should be near to the 30s in Novigrad at Night, with rain and with an lit torch. (walking and running)

2) Inside Novigrad homes that you can enter, some of those are very dark. If a lit the torch and i don't get dizzy examining the room and going upwards the stairs.

If the game runs decently on those two above scenarios, i may continue with the 1.60 patch.

If not, i think i will leave that game for now and play something else. lol (Assasin's Creed Origin for example - What a game!)

I will give it a try tonight when i´m home from work. Then I can play for a few hours to do a proper test.

Unfortunately it would take a while for me to get to Novigrad if I start a new game on the newest patch so I will patch my level 10 save game and try to get to Novigrad asap.

If i´m not satisfied with the new patch, and chances are I wont be, I will wait for God of War 4 to be release and sink my teeh into it and take a brake from Witcher 3 :D

narukun;n10804671 said:

*** Weird colors due to HDR ***

Video:

Geralt's hair also looks like a different color. That's definitely a bug. Send a support ticket to CDPR and link your video. http://en.cdprojektred.com/contact-support/

Last edited:
TrishKrish;n10809111 said:
Geralt's hair also looks like a different color. That's definitely a bug. Send a support ticket to CDPR and link your video. http://en.cdprojektred.com/contact-support/

As far as i can see from that video the main problem is not Garalt's hair.

The whole picture has a yellowish tint on it. It seems either your TV is not calibrated properly or you must make some additional manual adjustments to the color tone option or image temperature.

Read under Set up your TV first!

Also keep in mind, HDR adjustments differs from manufacturer to manufacturer

https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/how-to-set-up-hdr-gaming-on-ps4-and-ps4-pro/

If neither of those above will fix your problem, it could be game related. But i would start from the TV first.;)

Note: There are a lot of similar issues on the internet.

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/sony-tv-hdr-mode-looks-faded.455052559/

TrishKrish;n10808961 said:
I'm referring to the draw distance issue. The inventory issue is fixed. Is it fixed for you?

Its fixed but it took them more than 5 months after "finding out" that the issue exist. When I sent my first report in december I was given the same scripted answer I got when I reported this bug. They are looking into addressing the issue. So if you say that they are aware of the issue doesnt change a thing - they were probably aware even before giving us this patch but they knew it would not target everyone so... buying some time.

mark5916;n10810181 said:
As far as i can see from that video the main problem is not Garalt's hair.

The whole picture has a yellowish tint on it. It seems either your TV is not calibrated properly or you must make some additional manual adjustments to the color tone option or image temperature.

Read under Set up your TV first!

Also keep in mind, HDR adjustments differs from manufacturer to manufacturer

https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/how-to-set-up-hdr-gaming-on-ps4-and-ps4-pro/

If neither of those above will fix your problem, it could be game related. But i would start from the TV first.;)

Note: There are a lot of similar issues on the internet.

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/sony-tv-hdr-mode-looks-faded.455052559/

everyone is having yellowish tint. my game is actually transparent when loading, it is so bright I can see the ps store through the game lol

skovacevic96;n10810331 said:
everyone is having yellowish tint. my game is actually transparent when loading, it is so bright I can see the ps store through the game lol

I don't know how accurate user answers are, but it seems two people having a great experience with The Witcher 3 at 4K and HDR.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnfeqKwRobw

Kriegs Hammer

Looks so much better at my LG OLED HDR TV with new HDR Support :)

Paul Slade

I can confirm HDR, the colors are amazing and also its got rid off the stutter from when they implemented 4k mode.yipppeee.

So, it seems some guys have figured it out how it works. I just mention it. ;)

Top Bottom