CD PROJEKT RED and R.TALSORIAN GAMES Announce The Witcher Role-Playing Game

+
When I read: CD PROJEKT RED Announce The Witcher 4?) After Witcher 3 I can not play in anything else. The best game of all time.
---
With love from Russia

Hell yeah !
Now, when ? when ? When ?
Are we there yet ?
If we had started an hour earlier would we be there yet ?

I like reading in the "Witcher Dev Note #12" that they are trying to find a balance between "The Witcher" world as shown in Sapkowski's books and "The Witcher" world as shown in CDPRojekt's computer games.

But I still regret that the default setting is in year 1272 (at the same time as "The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt", as that decision seems to limit you to playing "The Witcher as seen by CDProjekt". I would prefer that the default setting date would be in year 1264 (one year after the Battle of Sodden Hill and the end of the First Nilfgaardian War), and after that, R.Talsiorian Games could publish a "Setting Sourcebook" advancing the timeline to year 1272. So you would have the option to use the Core Rulebook as a basis to play along the "Sapkowki's canon" and use the Sourcebook to add whatever you want from the CDProjekt's timeline.

I wonder how much that talk with CDPR set them back? Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled they are actually making monsters a threat, and the witcher world feel dangerous; just like the books describe.

Take your time... but don't forget to drip feed your fanbase!

Dev Note #16: An Update - they are still working... Layout is the main subject actuall.y
Cody here! I’ve managed to un-glue my face from my layout monitor for a little bit to write another dev note! I don’t have a lot to talk about as far as system at the moment but I can say that we are so deep in layout that I think I see glimpses of light at the other end. Months of changing border colors and retyping introductions and we’re almost there! In the mean time we’ve been hard at work in the last stages of layout and writing the last lore bits. We’ve sent out play test pamphlets to a lot of wonderful people around the globe to get their input and have them try their best to break and exploit the system. So far, feedback has been very positive and our brave play testers are generally having a great time. Like I said, past that I don’t really have a ton to say at the moment. Layout tends to be a long and boring process. We did get to go to Pyrkon in Poznan, Poland where we met up with a bunch of great people and got to do a Q&A with the fans over in Poland. The convention was amazing and I’d go back in a heart beat. Anyhow, it’s time for me to go back to the dark pits of the Talsorian Layout Dungeon. If everything goes smoothly, I’d like to get on some time late next week and do another dev note about our progress and where we are at the moment. Until then, best wishes to all!We’ve sent out play test pamphlets to a lot of wonderful people around the globe to get their input and have them try their best to break and exploit the system.

https://rtalsoriangames.wordpress.co...-16-an-update/

Last edited:
Nothing, still nothing ... my heart despairs !
Oh fair maidens, where art thou ? An artist needs inspiration to expel the worries from a troubled brow

Top Bottom