x

You have decided to merge your account with the GOG.com.

You can now start participating in the community discussions.

x

You chose to opt out from the merge process.
Please note that you will not be able to access your account until you opt in.

We strongly encourage you to merge your RED account with the GOG.com one.
If you want to do it later please try logging in again.

• Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What disappointed you about this game?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi,
    to name my top 3 disappointments:

1) Empty world
    Many points of interest are not interesting - just some treasures and stuff.
    Almost none of them - or none of them at all - have any impact on open world.

Only thing that actually happens in the world is main quest.
    Even the secondary quests/contracts have no impact on world.

I thought that the quest with three witches shown in gameplay trailer was by quality secondary quest and was thrilled to see main quest.

2) Combat
    Basically hack and slash with no added value.

It could be me, but I find it extremely bad about using petards and oils = combat begins -> go to menu -> go to alchemy -> browse and apply all the alchemy stuff -> go back to game.
    Not to mention, that player needs to re-enter inventory due to alchemy many times in combat.
    While using swords or signs, player just holds single key to kill everything around, but this alchemy navigation stuff adds like 30 hours of gameplay

3) (Sometimes) meaningless dialog (options)
    I think that some dialogues are badly written.

Options were presented as choosing lesser evil, but in the end, everyone just dies still
    Like - player frees tree spirit and that horse just kills everyone, player kills spirit and so witches kill all the children.
    And there was no possibility to deal with consequences - it was just like "pick who dies and move on"
    For me it felt like quest was designed to be sad and full of death no matter what; and I think it's wrong design then.
    As I find this description as perfect definition of quest for witcher game, it should also be clear from the gameplay that player can influence the story in a positive way too and no death is predefined.

Also, selecting dialogue option was not intuitive.
    Like - there is fight going on and player chooses option "save all". Then in cinematic Geralt draws sword to kill the bad guys; everybody gets angry, attacks, and at the end, everybody still dies.
    Main problem with this is that there are added some unpredictable events to dialogue options; and these sometimes completely contradict to what happens.
    It's hard to understand, if option is meant be be joke, ironic, fighty - or even what will Geralt actually say.

Comment

• I seriously hate that at level 7 I tried to sent Keira to Kaer Morhen and found out that I failed a quest at level 21 hours upon hours later because she decides not to go there. Poor game design when you think you are doing it correct and the people who made the game still make you fail halfway through the game without ANY notice or way to fix it. Regret buying this game because I’m unwilling to restart again and go though all the bullshit to possible fail a quest days later and not know how or why because it was designed badly.

// Blue = mod edit / Muffliato.
      Last edited by Muffliato; 11-05-18, 19:09.

Comment

• Moderators' comments
        (11-05-18 19:01) Muffliato: Please refrain from using excessive profanity when posting on the forums, as per the forum rules. Post edited.

• 1) RPG tag
        I can't choose a character, I can't made a choices different of those what is already were maded by scenarists. You know, i f i want to go cinema, i go to the cinema and watching a film. In addition there is only one ending that differs only by Ciri lives or Ciri dies. No choice at all. The most stupid ending - Ciri becomes a witcheress - is considered to be good. Yeah, pennyworking mercenary that roam the swamps. Best ending. OK.

2) Lack of choice
        Only Geralt play game. Geralt is very specific, i would probably could call me a dumbwarrior within lack of common sense and logic, for man as for me Lambert or Eskel would be a better option to play as. Bu there is no choice at all and it is called an RPG. OK.
        No choice at all. I see a herbalist witch - and i can't /date/ with her. I see succubi - and i can't /date/ with her. Amazing. Triss and Yen? Sry, they both sucks. I don't like, i like something else more. I mean, i consider them both as the WORST option, but game forces me to talk with them.
        I can't choose a Wild Hunt as allies, there is just no option of it. It is animated book or it is a game?
        3) Plot is worse that scenarios of CoD conveyor.
        3.1. Plot holes.
        Wild Hunt shown as Aen Ellen (500+ years lifeform) elite squad that have 99.99% of knowledges about everything. And what to do i see? Pack of idiots that can't even organize their army well. Their armor is the same shit as armor of typical road deserter and got easily pierced by a scumworld's sword and spells, ye? Are you serious?
        There is no information why even i shall consider them to be bad guys - they just did nothing bad. All they want to do - to make Ciri shut the portal (and she does it in the end of the game) and then became a princess or empress of Aen Elle nation. Is that bad? Seems not. So why i shall fighting with them? I see no reason. Who taught you to make a plot like this?

Crones were killed by Ciri not having a silver sword. Oh, OK. it is probably the main idea of the whole witcher universe that to fight and paranormal things you need a silver sword. But OK, fine, nice plot, well made and prob well paid job.
        Emhyr's bowing is just ridiculous. Geralt dispeled him from the curse and has no threat for him at all.
        3.2 Things that makes hate main characters
        Gwynleve asked a kmet to give a crop. Kmet gave a shiity crop. Gwynleve punishes them firstly as commander secondly as farmer. Geralt says him that he is evil. EXCUSE ME WHAT? It is a known fact that witchers can eat a shit due to high metabolism, but soldiers are not a witchers. But when kmet burns a forge Geralt says nothing. Here you go, geralt the double-faced asshole.
        Same with Orianna (And Crones). She(They) gives a life to children(kmets), children(kmets) give life to her(them). BUT WEEEIT HERE COMES GERBOND FROM SYRIA AND SAYS THAT IT IS BAD. Well, actually i don't care about your opinion, gray-haired senile.

Ciri. She is just stupid or what? She has no any plans, all she is doing is making things worse. OH NO I DONT WANNA TO LIVE IN BETTER [Aen Elle] REALM I WANNA LIVE IN THIS SWAMP AND HUNT FOR DROWNERS FOR RUPEES, DATING WITH KMETS IN PASSING. Well she got what she wanted, i hope some gryphon will catch her up and eat by pieces alive.

Roshe and Djkstra choice. Choose Roshe over Djkstra is shown as right decision, but wait, let's compar them at first maybe? Roshe is an useless man that can do nothinng except swing by iron stick for the glory of collapsed shitmeria country what nobody gives a clue anymor except him. Djkstra is a stong politician and desicive man that may be a new ruler. The choice is obvious, but the game wanna say me that Djkstra is bad. Well, i don't care it is my choice.

Radovid is unshown at all. There could be a nice step showing why exactly He starts to mage- and gnome- hunting by influence of Adda(Stryga) to conquer the world for monsters. But no he is just madboy, pretty cool thou, the idea to cosplay him is better than senile geralt. But as i say - one-day-work maded plot gives players no choice at all.

The last as i remember was Lambert crying about that his dumb father sold him to witchers for Vodka. Oh man seriously, this was the best what your father could give to you. Now you have immortality thanks to him and ability to fight practically anyone in this world. Otherwise you would by already killed by bandits/monsters as village laborer or being slain as soldier in the next war between the kings.

4) Enemies and Gameplay
        Enemies.They sucks. They have an AI of games realized in 2000, maybe 2007.
        Gameplay sucks too. I can pass this game without using keypoints or mutagens at all, jsut rightclicking and dodging everything what i do see. Even at hard difficulty bombs and pots are useless. Seeing this i wonder is there were a real necessity in making witcher's school or not. Seems not thou.

Graphic 9/10
        Music 9/10
        Plot 2/10
        Gameplay 5/10

Comment

• The Wild Hunt don't hunt Ciri to close "the portal". Eredin wants to catch Ciri to get her powers to conquer other worlds with his armies. Dunno where you have the thing with the portal. And she will be no princess of the Aen Elle, she will surly not survive when her powers are "ripped" out of her. You can kill any monster with a steel sword, but it takes more time and you can kill humans with silver swords. It's not that the blade break when you hit the "wrong" person
          And the Crones are evil. Yeah they give children food... to eat 'em later... not really nice.
          No one said, that Dijsktra is the wrong choice. It's an RPG you choose what is okay and not okay for you. CDPR don't say to you what's good or not
          1 out of 10 children survive the trial of grasses that will make you a witcher. So Lambert was right to be nary as f**k about it. And witchers are not immortal.

Last edited by SigilFey; 17-05-18, 11:47. Reason: Unnecessary.
          Signature loading

Comment

• This game is pretty massive disappointment for me all the Witcher games are but this one was the biggest for me. I thought CDPR would finally learn from their poor game game design mistakes in their mainstream breakout game but nope. While W3 is a great interactive movie as video game it is pretty subpar and probably one of the most overrated games of the past decade. Idiotic games critics and easily impressed modern day gamers are impressed with good cinematics, great graphics, great cutscenes, etc.. but ignore what videos are actually about playing them. Story driven games have a place in gaming I love many of them however the game itself still needs to be good. Portal 2 is a good example of a great video game that is story driven. A shit game with good cinematics and story is a still a shit video game no matter how dam good the story is. Witcher 3 gameplay is utterly terrible which isn't new since the Witcher series of games in general is filled with bad game design but this one stings because after 3 tries CDPR still can't design good gameplay to save their lifes and are just riding the off the great world Sapkowski wrote. They will probably ruin Cyperpunk. I don't personally hate CDPR but its annoying people praise this subpar low talent developer.

Comment

• Meh, I'm still having a lot of fun playing the game. There is nothing revolutionary about the combat in TW3 and doesn't have to be as long as it doesn't have some crippling flaw. For all I care, that's enough for a story-driven game.
              The 2 most annoying design choices for me are artificial penalties for fighting "red scull" enemies and crossbow that doesn't function anything like its real word counterpart (rapid fire and low damage is a complete nonsense for this weapon) but I can live with that if I enjoy the story and characters (which I do 90% of the time).
              Last edited by ooodrin; 18-05-18, 11:05.

Comment

• Originally posted by LegateLaniusThe2nd View Post
                This game is pretty massive disappointment for me all the Witcher games are but this one was the biggest for me. I thought CDPR would finally learn from their poor game game design mistakes in their mainstream breakout game but nope. While W3 is a great interactive movie as video game it is pretty subpar and probably one of the most overrated games of the past decade. Idiotic games critics and easily impressed modern day gamers are impressed with good cinematics, great graphics, great cutscenes, etc.. but ignore what videos are actually about playing them. Story driven games have a place in gaming I love many of them however the game itself still needs to be good. Portal 2 is a good example of a great video game that is story driven. A shit game with good cinematics and story is a still a shit video game no matter how dam good the story is. Witcher 3 gameplay is utterly terrible which isn't new since the Witcher series of games in general is filled with bad game design but this one stings because after 3 tries CDPR still can't design good gameplay to save their lifes and are just riding the off the great world Sapkowski wrote. They will probably ruin Cyperpunk. I don't personally hate CDPR but its annoying people praise this subpar low talent developer.
                Welcome to the club

Comment

• Originally posted by Deemonef View Post
                  The Wild Hunt don't hunt Ciri to close "the portal". Eredin wants to catch Ciri to get her powers to conquer other worlds with his armies. Dunno where you have the thing with the portal. And she will be no princess of the Aen Elle, she will surly not survive when her powers are "ripped" out of her. You can kill any monster with a steel sword, but it takes more time and you can kill humans with silver swords. It's not that the blade break when you hit the "wrong" person
                  It could be in a book by it wasn't in the game. In game, Avalachah (who is betrayer and desertir) said about portal, unicorns and other stuff. She will be a princess due to Aen Elle's selection's sexperiments, you know? So in any ways it is much better than being a swamp hunter that works for 1 penni per 10 drowners or empress of dumbgaard that sucks in any war having massive advantage. Better ending goes here.

Originally posted by Deemonef View Post
                  And the Crones are evil. Yeah they give children food... to eat 'em later... not really nice.
                  Crones are not evil, because, you know, they didn't break a balance. Gaunter is not evil due to the whole idea of W.Gauf of Cold heart story. The evil itself is dumbs like Olgierd and Roshe that whants to get everything being unable to give something for. Crones gives crop to the kmets, kmets give them children or themselves. And everyone were happy and everything were fine until one fenile didn't came and ruin it. Now kmets has no food at all and will probably extinct thanks to one thick head witchir. And ye, worrying about kmet's children and probably children at all in 2k18 it is so-so yu know yee

Originally posted by Deemonef View Post
                  No one said, that Dijsktra is the wrong choice. It's an RPG you choose what is okay and not okay for you. CDPR don't say to you what's good or not
                  1 out of 10 children survive the trial of grasses that will make you a witcher. So Lambert was right to be nary as f**k about it. And witchers are not immortal.
                  It is said by dialogues. And this game cannot be called and RPG, it is animated book with a very, dramatically awful, worse than housewifes' detective books plot. Ye orianna was right pointing gerwant at his own lousy secret, but it still changes nothing for Lambert. Between choosing life as kmet [what chance are there?wars, plagues and etc?] or life as witcher with 1/10 chance 'to be born' no way to choose second option. And witchers are 'practically immortal'.

Comment

• Avallac'h don't want Ciri to close some portal and to be a princess. He wants her to destroy the White Frost in the games, and nothing more
                    Crones ate people and controlled their life, and this is not really nice or good. And after the crones are killed the people of Velen can live/have their own life. They have their own fate in their own hands, and this is good.
                    A comment before you said living as a normal person isn't that bad, and now it is different fr Lambert? Weird
                    And it's not all about Lambert himself, it is about that his father (who he wished were killed) was rescued by a witcher and noiw Lambert was the pay for the witcher. A pay for a live he didn't wanted to be saved
                    Signature loading

Comment

• I'm now left with only a few little dissapointments. I was hoping, that Beauclair Caste was more open to have some more action inside, not only one quest, I would like to look more into the architecture and rooms of that palace. Also, what dissapoints me, are the huge amount of bugs that are still left in the game, even after 1.31. I hope, CDPR is learning from this a bit for Cyberpunk.

Comment

Working...
                      X