deleted

+
I got a pretty good ending and I still felt sad, because this is the last time I will see these characters really. Also the fact that they didn't explain what happened to everyone. I only knew what happened to Geralt, Ciri, and Triss (romance choice), no idea what happened to the other major and minor characters.

I'm currently on my second play through doing the opposite choices than last time. I will do a 3rd play through to explore every bit of the world around when the expansion packs come out, if not sooner.

It is definitely sad how it is all coming to an end. I really enjoy the characters, and as silly as it sounds, they feel like friends.

Exact same here! Felt drained after a massive playthrough, only to have Geralt end up alone (got too greedy with the ladies) and Ciri shocked me with her end choice - never saw it coming that she would go with the bloody Nilfgardians.

Started another playthrough to make some different choices and hunt some trophies, although having to spend so much time before getting to the meatier parts of the story from Skellige onwards is, daunting.

Last edited:
I got a pretty good ending and I still felt sad, because this is the last time I will see these characters really. Also the fact that they didn't explain what happened to everyone. I only knew what happened to Geralt, Ciri, and Triss (romance choice), no idea what happened to the other major and minor characters.

I'm currently on my second play through doing the opposite choices than last time. I will do a 3rd play through to explore every bit of the world around when the expansion packs come out, if not sooner.

It is definitely sad how it is all coming to an end. I really enjoy the characters, and as silly as it sounds, they feel like friends.

I don't think this is the last time we will see these character's mainly because they can still continue the series the way the game ended, even if you got the sad ending they never said that Ciri died. All I can say is the devs made it so that they can continue the series with a new character or Ciri. Only problem is we probably aren't going to see a game in the witcher universe for another 4-5 years.

I also think Geralt might have lived mainly because he wouldn't go down that easily not knowing Ciri is 100%dead

Having to say goodbye to Ciri before she went to join the Nilfgaardians was heartbreaking as well... Probably not as bad as the ending you got, though.

Yeah, Ciri becomes less interested in living if you keep putting yourself on the line for her.

She'd rather die than get the people she loves killed.

It's actually WORSE because she never thinks that if she dies, GERALT will cease to want to live.

Felt exactly the same. I felt like their should have been some big feast of appreciation for everyone who helped along the way, or anyone that you possibly helped throughout your journey of the main plot. I'm starting my 2nd play through and making a lot of different decisions, especially since for me Geralt was alone in the end :(

Having to say goodbye to Ciri before she went to join the Nilfgaardians was heartbreaking as well... Probably not as bad as the ending you got, though.

I had that ending as well, but I would actually count it as possibly the best ending. It is said that she becomes an excellent ruler and for me that meant she brings peace and justice to the empire, bringing the strife and war on the continent to a close and together with Cerys ushering in a new era of peace and prosperity.

I liked the ending that I got where she becomes a Witcher like Geralt and forges her own stories and adventures. I think out of all the endings, they can make a spin off game(s) based on Ciri as the new protagonist with this ending. Out of all the RPGs I've played, it's hard for me to get attached to the characters. The Witcher 3 did it for me and I applaud CD Projekt for this masterpiece of a game. The post-ending game feels so empty and lonely now that all the memorable and key npcs to the story have disappeared.

I had that ending as well, but I would actually count it as possibly the best ending. It is said that she becomes an excellent ruler and for me that meant she brings peace and justice to the empire, bringing the strife and war on the continent to a close and together with Cerys ushering in a new era of peace and prosperity.

It's possible that this might happen. The ending doesn't really state this, however. It just says that Ciri is good at politics and was taught basic human decency. That's not saying much, tbh.

In this world, in all worlds, there will always be war. There will always be terrible people, doing terrible things. There will always be tyrannical kings, greedy lords, and racist peasants. There will always be pain and suffering, and there will always be injustice.

Ciri might be a good ruler, and maybe in the grand scheme of things she does some good, but is it worth her happiness? Her entire life? I don't think so. Ciri has already saved the world once, in fact she's saved every world. She has sacrificed her happiness time and time again for the sake of other people. It's time for her to forge her own way, imo, and not be bound by her blood. It's time for her to choose her own destiny. I don't think this happens if you let Emhyr manipulate her into taking the role as his heir.

After replaying the last ten hours or so I think Ciri deserves to forge her own path.

After replaying the last ten hours or so I think Ciri deserves to forge her own path.

The short statement at the end of the game is enough for me to interpret it as I did. And yes, sacrificing her happiness to save thousands of lives due to a long lasting and prosperous era of peace would absolutely be worth it.

BUT she chooses this path for herself, Emhyr didn't manipulate her or at least that is not what is stated in the game. She might as well have recognized, that she can do the most good by becoming empress. And while this means, she doesn't live the free live she wished for in one scene, it also means she doesn't have to run from anything ever again.

yeah, agree ... the epilogue of the first playthrough will always be remembered , especially since some of the choices reflect our real-life personality.

Hey guys got the sad ending really depressing. This is a great game but just felt some of the decision's were a bit harsh to get the sad ending. like not letting Ciri destroy avallac's room is a negative decision and have an impact at the end. I know you have to pick other decision's as well to get the sad ending but just using this one as an example. I told her to see her father Emyre but when he offered me coin for bringing Ciri I refused that was another important decision in the game to get the sad ending if I took the coin, I didn't take coin for bringing Ciri in because she would of felt very disappointed and used and I did it for her not money, I felt it needed more obvious decisions like that towards the end to get such sad ending.
What do guys think? ☺

---------- Updated at 10:40 AM ----------

Sorry guys it emhyr and Avallac'h

The most depressing fat or lack of fact is that there's no options about a unfailing fulfillment of prophecy. Geralt decisions never have any impact in this possibility.

Ciri's dead, oh! how sad...

Ciri's finally pregant? OMG! My little daughter! What have I done!!!!!

I miss grey and non-moral decisions in the mani plot.

In the Baron one you can decide if free or no an unknow spirit, if you kill or no a baby (Sve him from the curse or not) , in Cerey's quest you can decide to put a baby in the oven. I mean. the hardest deecisions are in the sidequests. The main quest's decisions has not depth impact, only three options of a fairy tale. IMO

I got a decent ending in the sense that Ciri is alive and well but ended up being an Empress. Radovid is dead which is something I wanted but I feel like I didn't get a happy but rather bittersweet ending. To be honest it fits the Witcher world but them feels! Ciri being an Empress is awesome though because it will probably benefit the people in the long run but I don't know, there's an empty feeling left in me after seeing both Geralt and Ciri's faces.

She said she chose to do it but I don't think being an Empress is what she truly wants. She hates people making choices for her and telling her what to do so she's going to be miserable the whole time. By Geralt giving her all possible choices, you end up loosing her. It's a tough call for Geralt to make. I think he did the right thing by laying out all the choices in front of her, yet it wasn't a happy outcome for their family.

I'm actually going to reload my save, do some of the free DLC quests and get the Ciri Witcher ending. I feel like I'm most comfortable with that. I've always wanted to see a female witcher and I think Ciri is the closest to that. Also I'm still waiting for the unresolved sexual tension between Ciri and Avallac'h to be resolved, though I feel it went over some people's heads which is funny.

All in all I feel Ciri being a Witcher or an Empress are both good endings. Geralt is in retirement with Yen somewhere so it's not like Ciri was going to stay with them forever, she needed her life and you know Geralt/Yen were going to hit that for all the years they've been apart. This is like their second honeymoon lol

But I honestly think Ciri will be happiest a witcher. Screw the world, it's already screwed up as it is.

Edit: Also for those of you familiar with anime, there is a great show called, "Moribito" that the Ciri Empress ending reminded me of, in a good way. It's like the most bittersweet ending in the world but you know is not really wrong in the context of the story.

Last edited:
The most depressing fat or lack of fact is that there's no options about a unfailing fulfillment of prophecy. Geralt decisions never have any impact in this possibility.

Fortunately not.
Geralt is a simple witcher, his decision shouldn't have that kind of impact.

Fortunately not.
Geralt is a simple witcher, his decision shouldn't have that kind of impact.

Really? TW1? TW2? Just if he has not this kind of impact why The Wild Hunt is so easy defeated?

All I say is that in the Main plot you really have not conflictive-grey choices.... The storyline is.... too easy. All is great until you leave Kaer Morhen.

Top Bottom