x

You have decided to merge your account with the GOG.com.

You can now start participating in the community discussions.

x

You chose to opt out from the merge process.
Please note that you will not be able to access your account until you opt in.

We strongly encourage you to merge your RED account with the GOG.com one.
If you want to do it later please try logging in again.

• Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Witcher 2 ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Witcher 2 ?

I got into the series late and was wondering after Playing through The Witcher 3 1 time if get the 2nd one would be worth it. Its an older game im not sure any thoughts ? This game was so amazing im completely hooked. I heard there is even books written which i am also curious about any sugestions ?

I'd say absolutely YES, just keep in mind what to expect from TW2:
    - It's not the open world, instead the game is segregated into 4 chapters, each chapter being in a different zone
    - depending on your decision in chapter 1 you'll get thoroughly different chapter 2
    - compared to its successor TW2 is darker and grittier game, with emphasis on morally grey characters and decisions
    - story is tightly-paced and focused on high politics and racial tensions instead of being Geralt's personal story (like TW3 is)
    - combat feels clunkier than the one in TW3, also beware of quick time events on some occasions
    - event though it's a 6 years old game TW2 still looks gorgeous by today's standards (on PC, at least)
    - there is no Gwent but dice poker

Oh, and get the books if you can, they are a great read on their own, plus TW3 is full of book references.

Comment

If you do not mind dated graphics and somewhat unusual style of combat, it is also recommended to play the first game.

Comment

Thread moved.

Assassins of Kings has a fine story, with memorable characters, and engaging locations. The combat system can be frustrating at times, and there is a rather steep learning curve at the start; however, overall, it's an enjoyable game. As noted above, the graphics will seem a bit dated in places (particularity the facial animations), but it's still a visually attractive game. I recommend it.
        'Sorry, but smashing barrels is one of my hobbies!'

Forewarned is forearmed. Therefore, to reduce chances of random encounters with the Guards, please, review the Rules and Regulations of the Forums. Thank you.

Comment

Sweat thanks guys

Comment

Originally posted by ooodrin View Post
            I'd say absolutely
            - depending on your decision in chapter 1 you'll get thoroughly different chapter 2
            - compared to its successor TW2 is darker and grittier game, with emphasis on morally grey characters and decisions
            - story is tightly-paced and focused on high politics and racial tensions instead of being Geralt's personal story (like TW3 is)
            You just described what TW3 should have been...

Comment

Working...
            X