x

You have decided to merge your account with the GOG.com.

You can now start participating in the community discussions.

x

You chose to opt out from the merge process.
Please note that you will not be able to access your account until you opt in.

We strongly encourage you to merge your RED account with the GOG.com one.
If you want to do it later please try logging in again.

• Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Witcher: Farewell of The White Wolf

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scryar
    Can you say anything about the voice acting?....
    Contact official actors

Comment

Originally posted by Scryar
      Can you say anything about the voice acting?
      There won't be a VO in the first version. Maybe in the future.

Comment

Rustine - if you do voice acting, let me know. I've got a great audio set up here.

Also - awesome to see you doing this. Can't wait to play it!

Comment

Originally posted by Vithren
          for people still interested in creating content?
          Yes, Redkit for witcher 3 please.
          あんたバカァ?!

Comment

Looks very nice, I am looking forward to this!

Comment

Several off topic posts have been deleted. Do not discuss redkit / modkit for Witcher 3 here. I am not asking.
              Last edited by Rawls; 28-07-16, 00:43.
              Read the Forum Regulations! This color means I am posting in my capacity as a moderator. Otherwise, feel free to ignore my random musings. Check out The Wild Hunt & The Forlorn Hope!

Comment

Please enable ultrawide mode in your mod. Looking forward to the mod!

Comment

Hi,
                  screens look pretty cool. Would like to see even short video that shows some interesting sides of this mod's gameplay.

Also, what are technologies used ? These Geralt and Yen models are from Witcher 3 game, right ? They are just exported and than imported to Redkit 1 with official modkit ? So you use W2 assets as default and those from W3 whenever possible ( =available) ?

How does events and quests go ? Have you created your own scripting system, or you use that one which redkit affords ? I know from my own experience, it's too complicated and not friendly to use. Any problems so far ?

Where do you take tutorials, tips or whatever usable whenever you don't know how to do something ?

Finally, care to share exported files, tutorials, sources, game scipts or anything, that would make modding for others easier ? Maybe empty project with everything set and just ready to use ?

Thanks and looking forward your progress

Comment

We've got some new screenshots for you! See our screenshot gallery: http://imgur.com/a/5qjyD

Last edited by Rustine; 01-08-16, 18:27.

Comment

To the guys who are doing this (I suppose they are doing it by themselves). First of all, thank you. Truly, it's nice to see that at least some demands are going to be adressed even if they don'thave oficial support (correct me If I'm wrong). Can you do something about Iorveth or the scoia'tel? Even if it is with TW2's engine

Comment

Just when I almost came to terms with the story of Geralt being over, this happens. Couldn't be more glad, the screenshots look phenomenal. Great job so far and keep it up fellas!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam2305
                          To the guys who are doing this (I suppose they are doing it by themselves). First of all, thank you. Truly, it's nice to see that at least some demands are going to be adressed even if they don'thave oficial support (correct me If I'm wrong). Can you do something about Iorveth or the scoia'tel? Even if it is with TW2's engine
                          I'm starting to get this strange feeling that you're a fan of Iorveth and the Scoia'tel....

Comment

Originally posted by Sam2305
                            To the guys who are doing this (I suppose they are doing it by themselves). First of all, thank you. Truly, it's nice to see that at least some demands are going to be adressed even if they don'thave oficial support (correct me If I'm wrong).
                            As far as I know, this is not "official" content in any way, it is essentially fan fiction for one specific ending of the game.

Can you do something about Iorveth or the scoia'tel? Even if it is with TW2's engine
                            It would probably be better to create a separate thread for the idea of an adventure involving Iorveth and the Scoia'tael, since that does not seem to be what this mod is about. I would not mind a Iorveth quest myself if it was sufficiently well made (although admittedly I have yet to play any fan made Witcher quests), but would prefer it without the unrelated (and for some, unwanted) extra content of a wedding with Yennefer. However, if you meant some minor cameo appearance for Iorveth as a guest, maybe it will be included, I do not know.

Comment

We've prepared a short Q&A on our Facebook, and there's 'result'. Enjoy it!

1. Why Yennefer?
                              - Because, according to books and our hearts Yen is a natural choice for Geralt and also Ciri’s foster mother, that’s why we are creating the story based on that sorceress. Although, we have plans to create another version which includes Triss as player’s choice, but it can happen only in further future, cause in that case almost whole script needs to be re-written. Of course those plans could be changed.
                              2. Which short-story exactly will be included in the adventure?
                              - None, the script is in 100% written by us, and it isn’t based on “Something ends, something begins”. There’s only a few references to that short-story.
                              3. How about dubbing?
                              - In the first version there won’t be any voice acting. Maybe after release we will work on that.
                              4. Do I need The Witcher 2 to play that adventure?
                              - Yes.
                              5. What hardware requirements my computer must meet?
                              - We don’t know exactly at the moment. Requirements will be higher than The Witcher 2 – that’s for sure.
                              6. Will sprint ability or horse riding be added?
                              - We will add a pirouette as replacement for roll and option to jump above obstacles (with mouse). There won’t be sprint, cause it isnt’t needed. As for horse riding – there’s no option to add that due technology we are working with.
                              7. Do I need a saved game to play this mod?
                              - No, in our adventure player’s choices are predetermined by us, for example Keira is still alive. We couldn’t take into account all choices which could be made during whole series.
                              8. How long will be the adventure?
                              - Definitely a few hours, we don’t know yet exactly.
                              9. When is release date?
                              - We had written in the first note, that we are focusing to finish the adventure until end of the year.
                              10. Will be there any trailer or gameplay video?
                              - There will be definitely a trailer, but rather more close to the release date. We are not planning to make any video of gameplay, as everybody knows how The Witcher 2 looks from this side.
                              11. Do you have any plans to create another adventures, e.g. some events after the ending of The Witcher 3?
                              - Our adventure is actually taking place after The Witcher 3 and it is the only one we are focusing on.
                              12. Many models look exactly the same as in The Witcher 3. Do you import models from RED engine 3 to Witcher 2?
                              - Yes, but we also create our own models.
                              13. Did you consider to add new character to the story? (here’s character named XYZ)
                              - Script is done, and we are not planning to add another characters. Which will appear in the adventure? That’s a surprise.
                              14. There will be some new music?
                              - We don’t have composer in our team.
                              15. The story will be completely linear, or players will have some choices to make, at least in dialogues?
                              - Of course, players will have to choose in our adventure. Also we have a few, different endings.
                              16. There’s plenty of humorous moments?
                              - We’ve tried to place humor only in suitable moments.
                              17. There will be some sword fighting?
                              - Our adventure is based on dialogues, but sometimes you will take a rest from them, also with fighting.
                              18. Why Witcher 2, instead of Witcher 3? There is a MODkit.
                              - MODkit, not REDkit. We don’t have tools to make adventures, quests, worlds and dialogues.
                              19. Where we can follow you, instead of this topic?
                              - We invite to you to visit our facebook page:
                              https://www.facebook.com/fotww/

Comment

Originally posted by UncleArtr
                                1. Why Yennefer?
                                - Because, according to books and our hearts Yen is a natural choice for Geralt and also Ciri’s foster mother, that’s why we are creating the story based on that sorceress.
                                7. Do I need a saved game to play this mod?
                                - No, in our adventure player’s choices are predetermined by us, for example Keira is still alive. We couldn’t take into account all choices which could be made during whole series.
                                11. Do you have any plans to create another adventures, e.g. some events after the ending of The Witcher 3?
                                - Our adventure is actually taking place after The Witcher 3 and it is the only one we are focusing on.
                                In my opinion, it would have been a better idea to make this a continuation of the story of the books and ignore the games altogether if you are not able (or do not want) to take choices from the games into account. That would also be consistent with the explanation given to point 1. Otherwise, it would be enough to say only "according to our hearts", since it is a subjective choice if you consider the games canonical to your storyline, which you already did according to points 7 and 11.

Not to mention the story may now conflict with Blood and Wine if it was not written for a time frame later than that of the expansion.

Comment

Working...
                                X