x

You have decided to merge your account with the GOG.com.

You can now start participating in the community discussions.

x

You chose to opt out from the merge process.
Please note that you will not be able to access your account until you opt in.

We strongly encourage you to merge your RED account with the GOG.com one.
If you want to do it later please try logging in again.

• Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Witcher 2 Redkit. Questions and answers.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 0248991 View Post
    while playing in editor it works, but when cooked and played as standalone, it doesnt work
    Exactly.

Open entity template and there should be field called "name". Write some text in and it should work.
    If you mean displayName then it works only in the editor. And I can't change the name field, it just gets back to its initial value (PreviewEntity) after the saving.

Comment

UPDATE: Nevermind. I seem to be blind sometimes. The answer is right here in the Wiki (https://redkitwiki.cdprojektred.com/Custom+Assets)

Hey guys, 'tis me again. This time I'm trying to import a static mesh. I have already found Klabautermanns Tutorial (https://youtu.be/nPhtd2gO9-Y), as well as this thread (https://forums.cdprojektred.com/foru...exporter/page2), but I'm still hella confused. Do I have this right that to import a static mesh, I need to get 3DS Max 2013, then get the plug-in REDengine exporter, import my mesh to 3DS max and then export again using the plug in? This really sounds unnecessarily complicated. If the answer is yes, could anyone pass me a link to the plug-in, as I couldn't find it right away?

All the best and thanks in advance!
      Last edited by Halbglutprinz; 19-12-17, 20:44.

Comment

Hey guys, it's me again. Is there a way to turn off monster-loot? In my project the player is fighting a lot in a very confined area and it would add to the immersion, if there weren't oot sacks lying around everywhere

Comment

Originally posted by Halbglutprinz View Post
          Hey guys, it's me again. Is there a way to turn off monster-loot? In my project the player is fighting a lot in a very confined area and it would add to the immersion, if there weren't oot sacks lying around everywhere
          Check inventory tab of entity template of monsters you spawn there.
          There should be list definition and some parameters; like probability, count, etc...

Comment

Check inventory tab of entity template of monsters you spawn there.
            There should be list definition and some parameters; like probability, count, etc...
            Thank you!
            This doesn't do the trick, but led me on the right path. For others with a similar problem:
            There is a list of drops in the tab inventory, but REDKit will tell you to edit the inventory under game/gameplay/inventories/monsters . I don't think this is a good idea because this would edit this for all instances of the selected monster, not just my duplicated template.
            So to turn off loot completely, you delete the monster-inventory in the entity template tab "Template Properties".

To edit the inventory without losing the default settings, I imagine I'd need to create a custom inventory and then somehow add it to my entity template.

Comment

Hi! Have anybody experienc with player head? I try to make a new one, but I have problems with bones. I import the rigged mesh, but it places the new head over the body. I think it cannot connect the head with the body but I dont know why.

Comment

Is it possible to hide a layer with navigation mesh to load another one?
                I removed paths.w2l layer and now have 2 groups, each one contains a layer with different navigation mesh: p1 and p2, p1 is now the main one. What I need is to activate p2 during some quest in the different area. But it is necessary to hide p1 at first (?!) and here comes the problem: I was trying different ways, but it always causes a game/editor crash (closes instantly).

Comment

Working...
                X