Witcher 2 Redkit. Questions and answers.

+
Nice work Nemomallo, I like what you've done there i am sure that it will help. I don't know when i will start modding, tried to start a map but encountered to many glass barriers that discouraged me.

Hey community,

I have a rather special question, I have some windows I want to make transparent, so I tried several materials/shaders. I chose to use the windowglas_translucent or the alphablend shader. Both have some problems the windowglass_translucent shader looks more like glass but removes almost all colour (when the camera is near to the mesh). The alphablend shader works but looks not like glass, but that is not my main problem with this shader/material. The problem is that you can see a transparent mesh when you look on stuff, but not when you look through it at the skybox. It is too weak! So does anyone have a solution for either the colour problem in the windowglass_translucent or the non visible problem in the alphablend material? Has someone an idea?

Hey, its nice to hear from you,
Regarding your question,I went to redkit and experimented with meshes that already use windowglass_translucent shader. Here is what I got:
https://zapodaj.net/2fca3a7d123d9.png.html
On this screen you can see the same mesh from two sides and from about the same distance from the camera. It is Witcher 2 model with diffiuseTextureModifier increased from 0.1 to 0.7. I did that to better show contrast between two sides. On one side the texture looks pretty much ok. but on the other one you can barely see the colour. To get rid of this problem, you should modify the model itself. You should copy the part of the mesh that uses this shader and then flip the normals so that you will have two surfaces one for each side of the mesh.

Hello,
I'm very glad the redkit is getting some love from the community and I'm looking forward to some great mods coming from here!
Since I'm new to the redkit myself and I just started tinkering with it, I have a question: I wanted to change the mesh of Triss so she will use blue eyes in game. Since the engine is similar to that of Witcher 3, I guessed that the relevant material is defined in a xml file, packed with the corresponding mesh in a w2mesh file. Using the asset browser, I found the w2mesh files of her face in the "charactes\main_npc" folder. The asset browser lets you edit the material directly, so I changed the diffusemap of the eye to the same one Ves uses. I did that for all the meshes with her face, including mimics and the tortured version. But when I put the edited w2mesh files in the CookedPC, there are no changes to Triss in game. What am I missing, or am I doing it wrong completely?

Hello again,
sorry for me bragging some months ago about releasing an update of the mesh package...... I was lazy and had other stuff to do. I also wanted to release the Novigrad meshes ready for playing, templates of houses with collision and so on. But I had no fun trying to achieve this. So I skipped most of it and did some smaller meshes and worked on
this project, which is very nice! I must say that I did not nothing so I decided to share to amount of work I've done with you. Does somebody like elven ruins? Maybe want to catch a glimpse of this.If somebody wants to do the collision meshes for the meshes but needs the unimported meshes in .obj format feel free to contact me via pm.

Best wishes and powodzenia

Nemo

Last edited:
Hey, if anyone is reading this...

I have question regarding witcher 2 material/shaders. I would like to create one material, which allows to collourize just certain parts of a mesh. I thought about using a mask texture which defines this area. It should be also possible to collourize the non defined parts. Also it should be based on the detailmat material/shader. I could also need a material/shader, which allows applying two textures on one mesh. The area should again be definned by a mask texture. I wouldn't mind if those two materials are combinded into one.
The reason for this material/shader are the meshes of Blood and Wine, which are coulloured like that. I personally did not figure out how to achieve this. I would not mind if somebody shares a link to a site which explain similar shaders/materials in a 3d Programm like 3ds Max or Blender or Unreal Editor.
Thanks in advance

Nemo

Is there any "normal" way to create lipsync or any other method to add lips movements for my dialogues? There is an option "tool --> generate lipsync", but seems like it doesn't change anything.

Yes, I already saw this post, but it's 4 years old, so I have a hope that something has changed. Also, here we can find:
The only supported lipsync formats are hkx ( Havok Animation ) or raw binary format that is not accessible by the user.

Does it mean that there may be a way to create it as hkx files which will be recognized correctly?
Anyway, that doesn't really matter. I found another solution. The idea is to add some "blank" (without sound) mp2 voiceover files and then just fill the lipsync folder with already existing proper lipsync files from the original game. Everything works fine.

Now I have a different problem. All npcs have weird names in the game (everything OK in the editor): looks like their entity template name + some random bs.

BadGeralt;n10009641 said:
Now I have a different problem. All npcs have weird names in the game (everything OK in the editor): looks like their entity template name + some random bs.
Open entity template and there should be field called "name".
Write some text in and it should work.

Edit : Or do you mean that while playing in editor it works, but when cooked and played as standalone, it doesnt work ?

Last edited:
0248991;n10010141 said:
while playing in editor it works, but when cooked and played as standalone, it doesnt work
Exactly.

0248991;n10010141 said:
Open entity template and there should be field called "name". Write some text in and it should work.
If you mean displayName then it works only in the editor. And I can't change the name field, it just gets back to its initial value (PreviewEntity) after the saving.

UPDATE: Nevermind. I seem to be blind sometimes. The answer is right here in the Wiki (https://redkitwiki.cdprojektred.com/Custom+Assets)

Hey guys, 'tis me again. This time I'm trying to import a static mesh. I have already found Klabautermanns Tutorial (https://youtu.be/nPhtd2gO9-Y), as well as this thread (https://forums.cdprojektred.com/foru...exporter/page2), but I'm still hella confused. Do I have this right that to import a static mesh, I need to get 3DS Max 2013, then get the plug-in REDengine exporter, import my mesh to 3DS max and then export again using the plug in? This really sounds unnecessarily complicated. If the answer is yes, could anyone pass me a link to the plug-in, as I couldn't find it right away? :)

All the best and thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Hey guys, it's me again. Is there a way to turn off monster-loot? In my project the player is fighting a lot in a very confined area and it would add to the immersion, if there weren't oot sacks lying around everywhere :)

Halbglutprinz;n10166672 said:
Hey guys, it's me again. Is there a way to turn off monster-loot? In my project the player is fighting a lot in a very confined area and it would add to the immersion, if there weren't oot sacks lying around everywhere

Check inventory tab of entity template of monsters you spawn there.
There should be list definition and some parameters; like probability, count, etc...

0248991;n10167522 said:
Check inventory tab of entity template of monsters you spawn there.
There should be list definition and some parameters; like probability, count, etc...

Thank you!
This doesn't do the trick, but led me on the right path. For others with a similar problem:
There is a list of drops in the tab inventory, but REDKit will tell you to edit the inventory under game/gameplay/inventories/monsters . I don't think this is a good idea because this would edit this for all instances of the selected monster, not just my duplicated template.
So to turn off loot completely, you delete the monster-inventory in the entity template tab "Template Properties".

To edit the inventory without losing the default settings, I imagine I'd need to create a custom inventory and then somehow add it to my entity template.

Hi! Have anybody experienc with player head? I try to make a new one, but I have problems with bones. I import the rigged mesh, but it places the new head over the body. I think it cannot connect the head with the body but I dont know why.

Is it possible to hide a layer with navigation mesh to load another one?
I removed paths.w2l layer and now have 2 groups, each one contains a layer with different navigation mesh: p1 and p2, p1 is now the main one. What I need is to activate p2 during some quest in the different area. But it is necessary to hide p1 at first (?!) and here comes the problem: I was trying different ways, but it always causes a game/editor crash (closes instantly).

Hey,

hiuuz I probably don't know how to fix this, but what is you problem? Do you mean you can't get the head connected to the body in the entity editor? Or do you mean something else? You have to connect the root of the template with the new mesh by CMeshSkinningAttchement.

BadGeralt
Why do you want to do this? I don't think it is possible, but never tried or thought about this! Isn't there a creative solution for your two nav mesh problem?

Sorry for the late response.
Greetings Nemo

Nemomallo;n10299602 said:
Why do you want to do this? I don't think it is possible, but never tried or thought about this! Isn't there a creative solution for your two nav mesh problem?

I work with original 04_city level and added new areas which will be accessible during one quest. The idea of generating a new navigation mesh for the whole world doesn't impress me at all: there are a lot of problems with original areas.

So maybe try to look all old tiles of the nav mesh and only process the new unlocked tiles? It still is taking a long time, but should work. What are the problems with the old nav mesh?

Top Bottom