Full Combat Rebalance 2

+
Guys, when the mod will be released, we'll prepare a nice changelog with all the features and Flash will explain most of the things. As for now, let's wait, don't swarm him with questions as he's busy with Witcher 3 ;) Thanks!

It would be great if in the meantime those who can make tutorials on the procedures you need to know to make what he is creating. As I mentioned, the feature list you posted there is exactly the same as what i planned and I would love to know how can I achieve it, even if Flash would do it a lot better. I would also like to learn about particle FX so maybe I can make it look Flashier (unintentional pun) for when the mod will be released (stuff like adding spectacle fighter-like FX to sword swings and hits.

Two weeks?!! I was planning on looking forward to this for a long time! Can't do that if you announce it within two weeks of releasing it...

Great news, really looking forward to it, thanks Flash!

Flash - do you wan't to publish source code? I tried messing around a bit in code but i only managed to make igni use no vigor, changing it's damage values to hardcoded value in all places in Igni script file haven't did a damn thing :/

Yeah, I could release it. Though it is just a bunch of brute force exceptions that make the stuff work.

Damn, now I'll have double check if there's nothing too embarancing in there.

Anything that helps making first step in witcher script coding would be great. It's hard to get into it without any documentation :(

Will there be any way for modders to integrate FCR 2 into their mods? Also, that sounds like a lot of the combat improvements that TW3 is going to have...

Looking forward to this. FCR for TW1 is amazing and judging from the few things we already know about FCR2, it's going to be epic.

Hey Flash,

I just started a new playthrough on Dark (haven't played in a while) will your mod require a new game to be made? Or would I be able to keep this save? I'm pretty excited for your release so it'd be great to know :)

New game is not required but it is advised. There will be different loot, quest rewards, different pace of leveling and you might pick skills differently with new character development.

New game is not required but it is advised. There will be different loot, quest rewards, different pace of leveling and you might pick skills differently with new character development.

Whoa ! It sounds like an enhanced edition 2.0 !! new playthrough coming for me ( I think it's the 7th... ). Flash, great work, what is the ETA for this mod?

Last edited:

Huh... currently have a save just before 'At a crossroads', so I guess starting again wouldn't be that much of an effort, and I should have plenty of time over the summer : ). Maybe this one is obvious, but I was playing on Dark difficulty before, does FCR change/increase the difficulty by a lot or is the general level of difficulty similar to vanilla?

Depends. In general Geralt should feel more like a badass witcher he is, but you should also feel the tension because it's easy to die if you are careless. I have to make a full playthrough with the mod to adjust the numbers, but for now I'm often getting my ass whooped on the arena.

Hi Flash
Don't forget change inkeepers junk (placeholder) food to something usefull to buy ;).
Big fan of your work. Try to keep "spirit" of Sapkowski books in this mod also and it will be great! :cool:
Powodzenia! :)

Last edited:
It'd be great if you release some tutorials on combat modifications after release of the mod if you have a chance.

great job as always Flash! your work on the first Witcher was amazing.
I was so happy when hearing FCR2 is coming because I really hate TW2 combat, Geralt fights like a clumsy old man than a deadly witcher.

do you rebalance money price too? I find money in TW2 is way too harsh, you buy a item over 2000 orens and you can only sell it back for around 100 orens
I remember my first playthrough which I played 2 act without spending an oren (I also completed all quests too), but then I bought 2 swords in act 3 just to found out I already spent all the money I made during the whole game. that's way too unbalance

Last edited:
Hi Flash
Don't forget change inkeepers junk (placeholder) food to something usefull to buy ;).
Big fan of your work. Try to keep "spirit" of Sapkowski books in this mod also and it will be great! :cool:
Powodzenia! :)
do you rebalance money price too? I find money in TW2 is way too harsh, you buy a item over 2000 orens and you can only sell it back for around 100 orens
I remember my first playthrough which I played 2 act without spending an oren (I also completed all quests too), but then I bought 2 swords in act 3 just to found out I already spent all the money I made during the whole game. that's way too unbalance
I don't see why a combat-oriented mod would include changes like this, but these sort of changes are already quite popular over at The Nexus. I know for a fact that I've seen a few price-mods floating around, for example, since these things are a lot easier to modify than it is to reprogram combat mechanics, which I assume is what FCR2 mainly is going to focus on.

I don't see why a combat-oriented mod would include changes like this, but these sort of changes are already quite popular over at The Nexus. I know for a fact that I've seen a few price-mods floating around, for example, since these things are a lot easier to modify than it is to reprogram combat mechanics, which I assume is what FCR2 mainly is going to focus on.

if you have played FRC1, you can see there are more important changes than "combat-oriented" (buy werewolf fur at act 4, witchers have mutated eyes, bug fixes, some minor graphic change like new weapon model and wound system,...). as you can see FCR1 is more than a combat rebalance mod, it makes TW1 perfect and better in many ways, so I don't see why FCR2 shouldn't do the same.
as for mods on nexus, most of the mods are imbalance (price can be too cheap), so I have to made my own mod for balance purpose. but still, I would like to see Flash put his hand on this :)

Top Bottom