Head Project

+
Head Project

Hi Everybody!

I'm working on a classic Geralt head, and I'm stucked at connecting head to body. I use the JLouisB converter, blender for mesh and textures, fragmotion for bone vertex assignments. I get B3D format from the original head, cut mesh from bones, leave bones untouched, fit in new mesh, make bone-vertex assignments and convert to RE format.

At first three picture is the new head. It's just static, i just fitted in approximately.
My problem is at the rest of the pictures. It moves together with the body so I think it's connected but the wrong way and I can't figure it out how can I make it correct! I'm completely new to modding, I barely know RedKit, I started learn blender just because of this project and I can not rest until I can add the basic head correctly. Or someone proves me it's impossible :) My concept was I leave untouched as much as possible, so I cut just the face which is stand apart on the UVmap so it fits with the original neck and head to the hair and clothes. Bones also untouched, so it should fit to the original skeleton and it shouldact like the original. I tried with the original head to, but it's also not working. Maybe I have problem with B3D->RE conversion? Or it can be fixed in RedKit? I see difference only in vertex epsilon but I dont know what is it.

If I could fit in the basic head, than it's only a matter of time to complete the other two more complex head!
If somebody could help me Please!
It would be a great respect for the W1 and for those who feels they lost something after the first game!

Here is my mail, if somebody think it's more comfortable
[Moderator: Please, contact via PM.]

https://imgur.com/a/ii8Ag

Last edited by a moderator:
No Title

Oh man! Why those pictures so small, even if I click to large, it adds small picture :(

Last edited:
Hey hiuuz I think you have to implement the pictures by using the direct path, and scale them in the window. Also your YouTube link is not working right now.
Like this:

https://youtu.be/ZU-Udth4PAc

Lot of work ahead with bone positions and skinning, but there is a chance to finish it. It is just the Base head with a not complete neck. But I'm so happy even with this little success!

Hey [USER][/USER]
I think it looks good. And nice that you've got it working. Is the texture the witcher or witcher 2 texture? Did you try the head with other haircuts? When you've finished your head would you mind to write/explain how you achieved this? Maybe consider to take your private mail adress down -> internet and privacy?! People can also write you a pm.
I wish you further success!
Nemo

Nemomallo;n10415102 said:
Maybe consider to take your private mail adress down -> internet and privacy?! People can also write you a pm.
Whoops! Looks like we didn't catch this sooner. Sorry about that, hiuuz !
Indeed, we generally discourage posting e-mail addresses publicly. Anybody who wishes to contact you can send a PM. Address removed.

No Title

It is the Witcher 1 texture with self made normal and specular map. Final plan is making a new texture too but first is the 3d model.
I planning a description. It was a struggle to find out why was the neck deformed. RedKit uses bone ID number, not the name, and I had a different bone order in 3ds max.

Attachments

• photo195852.jpg
    photo195852.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 136
Hi Nemomallo !

I started in december, but most of the time I learned Blender and 3dsMax. I was completely new in 3D editing. A lot of time went to finding out bone positions and rotation. That was real headache. Skinning was a bit easier but mouth didn't behaved as I expected. It needed a lot of fine adjustment. Ohh, and I have work and family too :D

Top Bottom