Unable to drag entity templates onto any layer

+
Unable to drag entity templates onto any layer

Hello,
I'm trying to work on a new quest using the redkit. I've run into this issue where i'm unable to drag entity templates onto any layer. I also noticed that i can't copy paste existing entity templates in scene like before. What is causing this?

@septimir
Hello,
I am not sure, what is causing your problem, I have also several insolvable problems, like I can't add voice tags anymore. But maybe just close the Red Kit and restart it. This helps sometimes,when you don't know what to do. The other soultion to your problem could be, that you forgot to activate a layer or, that you have still opend a tool like world enviroment.
Best Regards
Nemo

@septimir
Hello,
I am not sure, what is causing your problem, I have also several insolvable problems, like I can't add voice tags anymore. But maybe just close the Red Kit and restart it. This helps sometimes,when you don't know what to do. The other soultion to your problem could be, that you forgot to activate a layer or, that you have still opend a tool like world enviroment.
Best Regards
Nemo

Thanks for the quick reply Nemomallo. I've restarted redkit and checked that the layer is activated. This issue started happening after I had already dragged few entity templates onto the scene. All of a sudden it stopped working. Will try once I get back home and let you know if it works. Thanks :)

I tried creating a new layer and then it allowed me to drag the entity template on it. I then move it back onto the layer i want. Keep hitting new bugs as I keep working. Wanted to update on this.

@septimir
Ok, I am sorry that my advice was not the solution you searched for. Hm ....could you maybe post some pictures to reconstruct your problem? I am no pro and have no clue, but maybe I come across your problem accidentally.
Regards
Nemo

Attachments

• 1 - Copy.jpg
    1 - Copy.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 97
  • 2 - Copy.jpg
    2 - Copy.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 100
  • 3 - Copy.jpg
    3 - Copy.jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Hm tried it but none of your problem occured.... really strange, or good for me... will look into this a second time no promises of success....

Edit:
@septimir
Did you try to merge your layers or to move the elements of one layer to another, or did you just try to copy and tehn paste them?

Last edited:
Hm tried it but none of your problem occured.... really strange, or good for me... will look into this a second time no promises of success....

Edit:
@septimir
Did you try to merge your layers or to move the elements of one layer to another, or did you just try to copy and tehn paste them?

Hey Nemomallo,
Sorry about the late reply. To solve my problem, i would create a new layer, drag my entity template on to it and later move that entity by dragging it on the layer i want it to be on.

By the way, what is the issue you're facing with voice tags ? Maybe i can help.

Ähm I am sorry for not replying to you. I had to concentrate on exams. I do not understand, whether by this you mean that you solved your problem or not?
Hey Nemomallo,
Sorry about the late reply. To solve my problem, i would create a new layer, drag my entity template on to it and later move that entity by dragging it on the layer i want it to be on.
My problem is solved. But thank you.
Nemo

Last edited:
Top Bottom