Cutscene

+
There are no tutorials for cutscenes yet, but there is some info in the "Redkit manual" Banan posted about how to use existing cutscenes.

It is not perfect, but we can "fake" at least some stuff. Mixing together dialogue scenes with existing cutscenes (with swapped characters) is a way or using moving gameplay cameras in dialogues so we can have a dynamic camera instead of the static one.

It is not perfect, but we can "fake" at least some stuff. Mixing together dialogue scenes with existing cutscenes (with swapped characters) is a way or using moving gameplay cameras in dialogues so we can have a dynamic camera instead of the static one.

Do you mean that we can make true animated cameras with their own trajectory inside dialogues or just cameras with some slightly moving animation that repeats?

In the editor if you go to tools, you can open the camera tools. There you can create a camera from view. Now create a new camera and you can make a trajectory between them.
In the scene editor, we have the option of using gameplay cameras. So this way we can have a moving camera in dialogues. It is not very convenient, so I'd only use it when it makes sense. :)
The normal scene editor however does not have moving cameras.

So, after checking out the Basic Manual it seems to me that it's possible to replace original character from a cutscene with my own, chosen NPC. Am I correct? Any tips how to do this?

(I need to spice up my adventure a little bit!;))

It doesnt work on every entity as far as I know. What helped me to get it to work was choosing the "npc_appearance" entity and having the character loaded from there.

It should work on every entity that uses the same skeleton. So you can't replace Geralt with a dwarf or a woman, as an example. I can't really help you with finding the option to change characters, since I don't have Redkit here, but if you copy an existing cutscene into your level, you should be able to edit various things. Somewhere in the properties there should be the option to change the entity that is being used.
If you can't find it, please make a screen of the cutscene and its properties and I might be able to remember how. :D

Well like I said, it didnt for me somtimes. For example I had an elven character entity that just didn't work, however when I used the same character from the "elfxx_appearance" entity it did work. I dunno why is that, but REDs used just these apperance entities for some characters and without tags. It didnt work for me any other way.

Red0oG is right, I have the same problem. Only "appearance" entities can be used, otherwise character is invisible.

Sorry for digging out this thread but could someone upload that manual once again? Pretty, please.

Hey there MikoGot, there is a working link that i know of here https://app.box.com/s/wwf73yzu0spszwz0lsccj6rervph2mag . Big thanks to kachna96 that found/uploaded it in the first place. Should be viewable directly in browser but download is of course possible aswell. Welcome to the forums mate and if you have any other questions there are still a handful of us here on the forums :D

Top Bottom