Kayran - is there any cheat?

+
Kayran - is there any cheat?

I really like the game, however, the fight against the Kayran is just frustrating for me. I try it now for more than two hours and the very best I achieved is the cut off four tentacles, then I was hit and again dead. Most of the more than 100 (!) times I tried I die after the 2nd tentacle ... I get hit three times by a tentacle and its already over ...

So is there any cheat to pass this? I really don't know how to get on and I refuse to make this fight another 100 times ... :mad:

thanks,
Wigl

Signs are important in this quest. Yrden gets the job done, but Quen is your best friend. Keep Quen active, and be prepared to re-cast it if you get hit. If you can survive long enough to cut off the tentacles, you're doing fine; you're almost home.

You only need to cut off three tentacles, not four. After the third, hitch a ride on one of the two central tentacles (there's a QTE for it if you haven't disabled "difficult QTEs"), hack at it (there's a QTE for it) and get off (another "difficult QTE").

After that, the Kayran will get angry and knock down the ruined bridge. Run up the remains of the bridge to get the finisher.

GuyN said:
Signs are important in this quest. Yrden gets the job done, but Quen is your best friend. Keep Quen active, and be prepared to re-cast it if you get hit. If you can survive long enough to cut off the tentacles, you're doing fine; you're almost home.

You only need to cut off three tentacles, not four. After the third, hitch a ride on one of the two central tentacles (there's a QTE for it if you haven't disabled "difficult QTEs"), hack at it (there's a QTE for it) and get off (another "difficult QTE").

After that, the Kayran will get angry and knock down the ruined bridge. Run up the remains of the bridge to get the finisher.

thanks I will try on ... how do you manage to cast different spells? Actually I'm just fully occupied with running and rolling in all directions, I have simply no time to switch spells. I'm already happy if I can cast Yrden without getting hit by a tentacle, if I stay longer than a few seconds on a place it is immediately over ... 1 time hit and at least 50% of my energy is gone, sometimes even 75%. This is really an unnecessary burden in the game and frustrates me more and more ... (additionally the game continues to crash, usually after such sequences when I try to save I'm suddenly on the desktop and can start over again ..)

No need to switch spells, just cast them by the hotkey (6 for Yrden, 8 for Quen). Sideways rolling (AA or DD) is also good for dodging tentacles. And try to stay far enough back that you won't get knocked under the beast; you'll get hammered if you do.

Because signs are so important in this quest, it gets a lot easier if you take the second level of Fortitude (Vigor +1) beforehand.

GuyN said:
No need to switch spells, just cast them by the hotkey (6 for Yrden, 8 for Quen). Sideways rolling (AA or DD) is also good for dodging tentacles. And try to stay far enough back that you won't get knocked under the beast; you'll get hammered if you do.

Because signs are so important in this quest, it gets a lot easier if you take the second level of Fortitude (Vigor +1) beforehand.

Actually I developed my sword skills not the sign skills ... and I do not want to play all again ... casting spells with the hot keys does not bring me any further so far, quen is only active 30 seconds, sometimes less when I am hit. And when I cast Yrden, quen is gone, and usually then I am hit. I use sideway rolling all the time, but it is very hard and only by luck I do not get hit. Also I lose completely the directions when the game stops in between and shows a sequence of the bridge falling apart, when it returns, I usually get lost and run into the beast. After having tried it now nearly 200 times I will give up and wait for a cheat or simply delete the game ... sorry, but for such a sequence I have absolutely no understanding ...

Any number of members would be happy to give you a save with this quest completed, or play the quest through for you if you were to put your savegame on a public file server for them.

It is a brutally painful quest. Lots of players get frustrated by it.

Forum veteran
Yesss, if you upload the save someone can beat the Kayran. Mediafire is the easiest—you just click and drag your save into the window, copy the link to the file that it gives you, and post that here. Hopefully that doesn't come across patronizing, but some people don't know how all that works.

One last thing: for future playthroughs, you might consider my pack of dead-Kayran saves. They start in Chapter 1 with the Kayran dead and no other quests in that chapter finished, so it can be a place to start and not have to worry about the Kayran. If you don't mind skipping the prologue, that is.

all the advices of n guy'wah are good. He has post a lot and for what he is saying, you know he has played a lot.

I encourage you to beat the kayran by your self, but If for some reason you decide to quit and upload a save game, I will be more tha happy to led you a hand.

Thanks a lot guys and I apologize for being that angry yesterday ... but I can't stand games where you - at least from my point of view - have no realistic chance to pass a quest. I mean in a good game there should be always also a possibility for novice players as it is e.g. in "the black eye" where you can reduce the difficulty level.

Thanks a lot for your generous offers to play that quest for me - this is really fantastic, and I will take that chance. So I have uploaded the save file on my online web disk:

http://p.aon.at/u/112570/?key=EY4FYS9XX4HA&share=25600

In the meantime I will also keep trying, maybe I suceed (in 2 hours, or 3 or 3 years ).

Kind regards,
Herwig

Guyyyyys I did it ))))

Today I used the hints of Guy N'wah - protecting me with Quen and casting Yrden, and with the easy QTEs I finally defeated him

Ad dragonbird: I think you cannot change the difficulty during the game, can you?

So I can go on now - thanks a lot anyway for your offer to play it for me!

hrehatschek said:
I really like the game, however, the fight against the Kayran is just frustrating for me. I try it now for more than two hours and the very best I achieved is the cut off four tentacles, then I was hit and again dead. Most of the more than 100 (!) times I tried I die after the 2nd tentacle ... I get hit three times by a tentacle and its already over ...

So is there any cheat to pass this? I really don't know how to get on and I refuse to make this fight another 100 times ... :mad:

thanks,
Wigl
I know what you mean by frustrating but when you cut one try to check other tentacles where they are and if my memory serves you only need to cut 3 of them and then
you need to "jump" on one of the tentacles and then hit the mouse button it shows it on the screen.

after that you fall off and land on the ground then there is sort of a cut scene that rubble falls down and make your way to the rubble and be careful climbing on top of that rubble because it will try to kill ya.

On very top of that it ends up on the cut scene where Geralt throws a bomb and that is it the Kayran will be dead.
hope this helps even a little bit i know what a pain it is to get through but it mostly just about the timing :)

hrehatschek said:
Ad dragonbird: I think you cannot change the difficulty during the game, can you?

So I can go on now - thanks a lot anyway for your offer to play it for me!

Congratulations on your kayran kill!
Yes, you can change your difficulty during the game if you're playing on easy, normal or hard. While the game is playing, Hit Esc/Options/Gameplay. (You can only change it while there's a game loaded).
You can't change it if you're playing on dark mode or insane.

227 said:
Yesss, if you upload the save someone can beat the Kayran. Mediafire is the easiest—you just click and drag your save into the window, copy the link to the file that it gives you, and post that here. Hopefully that doesn't come across patronizing, but some people don't know how all that works.

One last thing: for future playthroughs, you might consider my pack of dead-Kayran saves. They start in Chapter 1 with the Kayran dead and no other quests in that chapter finished, so it can be a place to start and not have to worry about the Kayran. If you don't mind skipping the prologue, that is.

227 thanks so much - I came by this through the forum having tried so many times to get by this. At least now I can carry on - you are a star x

"Kayran - is there any cheat?"

There is a way to cheat in this game. I do it every time I play.

Now before anyone gets excited, this is what I do. I hack cheat codes for video games.

By the time that I leave Triss' tent, I have 65,535 orens. By the time that I reach A Rough Landing quest in chapter I, I have 4 unused talents that I quickly turn into 99 talents using Tsearch. I then maximize all 4 skill trees to the limit before starting The By The Gods: Stringing Up Sods quest.

Having said all of that, nothing pisses me off more than dying over and over again in a video game. You can play the Easy difficulty without cheats. I absolutely had to cheat on the Normal difficulty. I haven't played Hard, Dark and Insane modes yet.

after numerous attempts I have defeated the Kayran. Many thanks to those who posted advice on Youtube. I could not have done it without you.

Same problem. I'm getting mad. Who will play this part for me? Otherwise I'll stop the game. Don't want to play for hours on the same situation.
I remember Witcher I: several occasions with impossible final acts.

Here's the link to my saved game, in case someone is willing to help me with this. http://www.mediafire.com/?7yffo8izcxro672

Martin

MvanderBend said:
Same problem. I'm getting mad. Who will play this part for me? Otherwise I'll stop the game. Don't want to play for hours on the same situation.
I remember Witcher I: several occasions with impossible final acts.

Here's the link to my saved game, in case someone is willing to help me with this. http://www.mediafire.com/?7yffo8izcxro672

Martin

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3716596/ManualSave_0178.sav

I always like a good kayran fight before breakfast :)
Don't forget to loot, level up and collect your reward.

Top Bottom