Walls Have ears and suspect thorak

+
Walls Have ears and suspect thorak

Ohk...
I have completed walls have ears and suspect thorak successfully but after completing act2 the quest have X Mark in the journal.....
I have already played TW2 Dozen times....
But whenever i completes act 2 with iorveth these 2 quest has a X cross mark on journal... i have gathered appropriately....as per guide....am i missing something?

RSIK4 said:
Ohk...
I have completed walls have ears and suspect thorak successfully but after completing act2 the quest have X Mark in the journal.....
I have already played TW2 Dozen times....
But whenever i completes act 2 with iorveth these 2 quest has a X cross mark on journal... i have gathered appropriately....as per guide....am i missing something?
Becoz, there is a sequence for completing that bundle of quests on Iorveth path, which is:

-Start Royal Blood
-Complete The Walls Have Ears
-Start The Baltimore's Nightmare, but do not complete it. You have to stop before you meet Cecil the burgermeister
-Complete Suspect: Thorak quest
-Talk with Cecil Burdon and complete Baltimore's Nightmare
-Back to the Castle and complete Royal Blood quest.

R u sure dat after d act 2 completes the x marked wil not come on these quest.....

Lets see i will try out ur option..... thnxxxxxx

secondchildren said:
Becoz, there is a sequence for completing that bundle of quests on Iorveth path, which is:

-Start Royal Blood
-Complete The Walls Have Ears
-Start The Baltimore's Nightmare, but do not complete it. You have to stop before you meet Cecil the burgermeister
-Complete Suspect: Thorak quest
-Talk with Cecil Burdon and complete Baltimore's Nightmare
-Back to the Castle and complete Royal Blood quest.

I simply assumed that this series of quests was bugged - and has been since the beginning.

I have followed the exact procedure as noted above, (and numerous other tries, as well) in the many times through this section. At the end of Act2 / start of Act3, both quests always change to a "red X".

If you do not do the Suspect:Thorak quest at all, but finish the other related ones, then your "Walls have Ears" will stay as a green check at Act3. Doing both of them (Walls have Ears; Suspect:Thorak) in the sequence noted above will still result in failure later on, even though they originally show as [green check] completed. Not that it really matters, as you still garner all the XP for the completed quests, but something is amiss.

Has anyone actually completed this properly, and can show green checks on the 2 quests into Act3?

qat once time i have completed walls have ears in green cross but still suspect thorak is red cross again..am i wrong ...am i missing smthing

So, I am to assume that no one has figured out a way to complete this series of Quests, without the result being "Red X's" at the start of Act3?

Peetz said:
So, I am to assume that no one has figured out a way to complete this series of Quests, without the result being "Red X's" at the start of Act3?

I think you're right: there is no path that does not result in one or both of these being marked failed. I will retry secondchildren's advice on my current Iorveth game, but I also believe the problem is that these are incorrectly marked failed due to a separate bug that is in the transition to Act III.

I have tried "the "approved method" numerous times. Yes, you get green checks and all the XP for completing the quests. But they both turn to FAIL at the start of Act3.

The only way I was able to complete without a fail at Act 3 was not to do the Suspect:Thorak quest.

I'm certain it is bugged, but no one seems too bothered by it.

Hi guys
Here the few steps to complete these quests:

After the riot breaks out (Royal Blood quest), talk to only the dwarves and peasants.
Leave the riot and proceed to complete The Walls Have Ears until it reads "Wait for events to unfold."
Proceed to complete Suspect: Thorak until it reads "Wait for events to unfold."
Proceed to complete Baltimore's Nightmare until you kill Thorak.
Finish Suspect: Thorak. Opening Thorak's chest should complete both quests.
Walk to Cecil's home and finish Baltimore's Nightmare.
Return to the riot and complete the scene based on the evidence you have gathered.
Hope this will help
thanks

babbajee4u said:
Hi guys
Here the few steps to complete these quests:

After the riot breaks out (Royal Blood quest), talk to only the dwarves and peasants.
Leave the riot and proceed to complete The Walls Have Ears until it reads "Wait for events to unfold."
Proceed to complete Suspect: Thorak until it reads "Wait for events to unfold."
Proceed to complete Baltimore's Nightmare until you kill Thorak.
Finish Suspect: Thorak. Opening Thorak's chest should complete both quests.
Walk to Cecil's home and finish Baltimore's Nightmare.
Return to the riot and complete the scene based on the evidence you have gathered.
Hope this will help
thanks

Yes, Yes I have read the Wiki as well and this way will allow you to complete the quests and get the XP - but will still result in red X's at the start of Act3. I have also tried a number of other small changes in this order, in the hope that I could find "the key" to doing these quests in the right order so that I could have all these quests [green check] completed in Act2 and still show them [green check] completed (not [red check] failed) at the start of Act3.

I have not found a way. That's my point.

Guys i have followed this option but remains cross marked in beginning of act 3 in both of this quest
i have followed @babbajee4u option still dis quest reamain failed .....
i have tried witcher wiki option as well , but still ...
thnx for the help....

i think this quest are also bugged actually
i tried every step according to all post wiki
and still these quests r marked as red x marked in act 3
dont know what to do????

There's nothing you can do about it. It's a bug. The quests are marked completed in Act II then marked failed once you enter Act III.

I simply assumed that this series of quests was bugged - and has been since the beginning.

I have followed the exact procedure as noted above, (and numerous other tries, as well) in the many times through this section. At the end of Act2 / start of Act3, both quests always change to a "red X".

If you do not do the Suspect:Thorak quest at all, but finish the other related ones, then your "Walls have Ears" will stay as a green check at Act3. Doing both of them (Walls have Ears; Suspect:Thorak) in the sequence noted above will still result in failure later on, even though they originally show as [green check] completed. Not that it really matters, as you still garner all the XP for the completed quests, but something is amiss.

Has anyone actually completed this properly, and can show green checks on the 2 quests into Act3?

Hi... how did you manage to keep "The Walls Have Ears" completed (green-checked) after the Draug fight? Can you please state step-by-step guide? This quest fails for me after the Draug fight no matter I do... This is my playthrough:
1. Thorak is dead and I got Olcan´s receipt in my inventory (didnt finish Baltimores Nightmare yet)
2. Riot started, talked only to the peasants to start "The Walls Have Ears". (Suspect Thorak didnt start)
3. Continued "The Walls Have Ears" until the point "wait for events to unfold".
4. Went to Cecil to finish Baltimores Nightmare.
5. Back to Castle, spared Stennis, "The Walls Have Ears" is completed with green check-mark.
6. After the Draug fight "The Walls Have Ears" fails.

My second playthrough:
1. Baltimores Nightmare started but Thorak lives (not confronted yet).
2. Riot started, talked only to the peasants to start "The Walls Have Ears". (Suspect Thorak didnt start)
3. Continued "The Walls Have Ears" until the point "wait for events to unfold".
4. Continued Baltimores Nightmare - killed Thorak and obtained Olcan´s receipt.
5. Went to Cecil to finish Baltimores Nightmare.
6. Back to Castle, spared Stennis, "The Walls Have Ears" is completed with green check-mark.
7. After the Draug fight "The Walls Have Ears" fails again.

What am I doing wrong? According to you, "The Walls Have Ears" should remain completed at the end of Chapter 2 if "Suspect Thorak" is avoided completely. But this doesnt work for me. Please help, I´m desperate. Thank you.
Edit: I am on PC - enhanced edition

Last edited:
Top Bottom