Letho's fate

+
Letho's fate

I am interested in what your choice was. I chose to let him go because in many ways his choices were similar to Geralt's.
Furthermore, I felt like there is no reason for payback and empty revenge is just not Geralt's style :)

No I did not kill him. After all he helped Geralt in the past, took care of Yen and let Geralt live after their duel. His death would not have changed a thing.

Unfortunately yes I did, however upon thinking about it I could not act as judge and jury on another witcher when I had let Berengar live despite his betrayal of Kaer Morhern so in my canon runthrough i'll be sparing the viper (also because he's the man with the plan).

Played TW2 before I read the books or played the first game, so I understood about half of the story. I thought it was some kind of revenge to kill him, so I did. I also thought the dragon was suffering so I decided to help it die :p. Then I took Iorveths path, and felt sorry for Saskia.

After this I played the first game and read the books.

I killed him Letho because I didnt have any challenging opponents left at this stage of the game to try out my new Operators Staff. Shallow motive, I know. What can I say? *evil giggles*

I actually respect and even kinda liked Letho after getting a chance to talk to him in depth. I figured I can always reload game file before the final conversation and choose to walk away to see what that choice brings.

Chief said:
Played TW2 before I read the books or played the first game, so I understood about half of the story. I thought it was some kind of revenge to kill him, so I did. I also thought the dragon was suffering so I decided to help it die :p. Then I took Iorveths path, and felt sorry for Saskia.

After this I played the first game and read the books.

SPOILER FOR IORVETH'S PATH!

I also killed the dragon when on Roche's path because I thought it was a mere tool for the sorceresses. I had no idea it was Saskia until some stupid spoiler caster has revealed it under some youtube video and spoiled half of fun for me before playing Iorveth's path ( I am sure what my next choice will be :)

Fist playthrough, my Geralt killed him. Not out of revenge or hate or anything personal, but because my Geralt didn't trust the skurwysynu who was pulling his strings. The Emperor is not going to let a weapon that powerful just walk away. Letho is no more likely to be successful than Geralt has been in staying neutral and out of the affairs of kings.

After he risked his life protecting the one woman Geralt loved deeply in the books?

No way. Plus I'd sure as hell sign up to work for the Emperor just as quickly as he did.

Yeah, I killed him, having lookong to it since prologue. It is going to be my personal canon ending.

Yes but only because i didn't want to finish the game without a fight.

Maybe next time i will do this different, cant really say for sure until i play the game again. Finished the game about 10 minutes ago.

I just finished my first playthrough 2 minutes ago, went through the complete credits listening to the wonderful soundtrack. What a wonderful game this is! Damn, I'm so glad I discovered the first game a couple of years ago, this is gaming as it should be! I'm in awe, still think the first game was superior but it's just nitpicking. Thanks CDPR, the world would be a poorer place without TW and the people who created this game. And the music, of course.
On topic, I didn't kill Letho. My first playthrough was Iorveth's path and killing Leto just didn't feel right and coherent with the choices I made throughout the game. My Geralt is a neutral kind of guy, trying not to judge others, trying to be tolerant and have some sympathy for the wretched souls that populate his particular world. I made one wrong decision in the game though, but at the time I wasn't aware it would bring the consequence it did. I let Stennis get killed.
Anyways, I'm surprised by the percentage of players who let Letho live, thought everybody was into kills and raising statistics lol.
I plan to fight Letho in my next playthrough, in October, when I'll be doing Roche's path, once the 2.0 patch gets released. There will be no mercy next time, lol, I'll fight absolutely everybody who can be fought, my next Geralt will be a ruthless killer. But the savegame I intend to import to TW3 (if there will ever be one) will be that of my fist playthrough: Iorveth's path and Geralt the Good Samaritan ;)
What a great feeling, I just completed one of my favourite games ever and the day after tomorrow I'm leaving for a scuba diving vacation, life can be good sometimes

PS
Oh yes, I definitely hope to meet Letho again in TW3

Killed him. Letho is want restore witcher school and that is the reason. How many young boys die in changes and in trials. 3 from 10 survive and it is not painless, then rest of people hates them. Nilfaagardians will hate them even more. Geralt in his own way always regretted being witcher. Plus i dont like Emperor.

Kill him? To what end? You don't kill people who give you vodka. He protected Yennefer in the past, he protects Triss in Loc Muinne, and he doesn't regard Geralt as his enemy. He's no saint, but killing him at that point would have been meaningless. Besides, by the time I get to decide what to do with him, he completely wears me out with ALL. THAT. TALK.

In my first play-through I both killed him and didn't kill him. I reloaded immediately after the end to see the other option. Now I can't remember what I did first, as they were separated by minutes. I did go through their entire dialogue though, that was the climax of the epilogue and was not to be missed even if I planned on fighting him.

My two reasonings were:

I should not kill him because he is not *my* enemy. We are witchers, and we must remain neutral whenever possible. He's rebuilding his school, I would probably take desperate measures to save my family. So many people have died already, I am tired of this bloodshed.

I should kill him because I did this trip partly to clear my name; I hated being implicated in Foltest's assassination and wanted to take personal revenge. He couldn't blame me, I'd lost my memory. Plus I saved Triss myself.

Now that I have seen both, in every other play-through I just let him go.

enitaplap said:
Killed him. Letho is want restore witcher school and that is the reason. How many young boys die in changes and in trials. 3 from 10 survive and it is not painless, then rest of people hates them. Nilfaagardians will hate them even more. Geralt in his own way always regretted being witcher. Plus i dont like Emperor.

that is a good point. geralt struggles his whole life with what has become of him and if he is a human being or a mere mutant.

No.
See no reason to kill him as (Geralt 'himself said') that would change nothing.
Seeing all what he did how or why should I?
Moreover did like his character, hope to see him return in the next game in some capacity.

After seeing this thread I remembered Berengar, sad that the devs didn't intend him to survive in the final duel with Azad. Didn't want the same thing to repeat.

Aver

Forum veteran
I killed him because he is Nilfgaardian dog. Also he killed many good men just because he felt nostalgic and wanted rebuild his school.

For example he killed king Demawend - wisest king ever! After war Demawend gave part of his country to the elves because that land was their legacy. Demawend always was trying to make compromises with his opponents but also he knew how to say "NO!".

And this as*hole killed him just because he wanted his school back...

There's always the moral question for rebuilding a witcher school. Remember: they would kidnap some children and force them mutations which are lethal to the most... and after that many would die in training or by first monsters they encounter. Is it to the witchers' to decide of the lives of those children? Maybe they would just want to live a simple, normal life with their parents..

Just some thoughts. I too left him alive at my first run and feel for many who are on Letho's side. But is rebuilding the school a good thing or a bad one?

Did they kidnap children? I haven't read the books, but I always assumed that the children were orphans or willingly handed over by their parents.

Top Bottom