Can my computer run The Witcher 2?

+
Can my computer run The Witcher 2?

Hi all,

I just finished playing The Witcher 1 and I can honestly say that it's one of the best games I've played! Therefore, I of course want to know if my computer can run The Witcher 2 (and The Witcher 3, which I don't think that it can...). I know many others probably have asked this question before, but hope someone can help me nonetheless. So I'm just gonna post the information (I think) you need, otherwise please say if you need anything else to be able to help me :)

I run Windows 10, have an Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU M 620 @ 2.67GhZ, 4,00 GM Ram, and a NVIDIA NVS 3100M grafic card.

Kind regards,
Jonas

Witcher 2 is a much more demanding game than you'd expect. I'm no tech expert, but from what I found it seems your graphics card won't be able to handle it even on the lowest settings. :/

Here's a quote from a review of the NVS 3100M and another slightly stronger card (underlining added by me):
NVS 3100M -- should be enough to handle demanding games like Crysis 2 on the lowest settings possible but games like Metro 2033 are probably unplayable at the lowest settings. GeForce 8600M GS -- Very demanding games (e.g. Metro 2033, The Witcher 2) are most certainly unplayable

Last edited:
I tried to find some kind of comparison between different grafic cards too, but couldn't find my own in any of them. But according to the review you found, it won't be possible... That's a real shame, I don't think I'll buy a new computer anytime soon :(

According to videocardbenchmark.net, the NVS 3100M is about 2.5 times slower than the minimum requirement Radeon HD 3850. While the number might not be entirely reliable, it does not look good. I also recall the minimum/recommended specs for TW2 being relatively more "optimistic" than for TW3, in other words, AoK is not as much less demanding as the specs would suggest.

Yeah, I just got a mail yesterday that gog.com had sale on the Wticher 2 for almost no money, so I just bought it because why not. I tried to install it and even on the lowest settings, it was lacking a lot. So now we know fore sure, I really can't run it :(
But now I've the game and whenever I buy a new computer, I can try to find one with a better graphic card.

Top Bottom