Concerning bugs: GOTY edition or base game + expansions

+

Guest 3790055

Concerning bugs: GOTY edition or base game + expansions

Hello!

I got an Xbox One X for Christmas and I think it's the good occasion to start a new playthrough with the expansions (I played the base game on pc).
The problem is that I read online that the GOTY version and base game are not treated as the same game, and that some bugs are more likely to happen on a particular version: the achievement bug on the GOTY version and the chest bug on the base game + season pass.

Is that true? If it is, what's the best version to get?

Thank you for your help.

Thanks so much for asking first! Many people have gotten into a fix with this. :p

In short, there is no reason to purchase anything but the "GOTY Edition" if you want the entire package. It's exactly the same content as the base game updated to the latest version + Season Pass (HoS and B&W) + individually downloaded Free DLC.

On PC, there is no issue swapping saves between the two installations. On console, each of the products is considered a "different game" because of Sony / Microsoft marketplace requirements, so saved games may not be shared (except for sometimes...I'm not sure where that stands right now.) If you're starting a new game (Geralt Level 1), I recommend buying the single GOTY package. If beginning an NG+, then Season Pass and separate DLCs may be safer.

I have no idea of what is going on, but i just ended up playing the GOTY edition on PC and ran intro so many gliches that i had to double check the version and re-download just in case.

From animation gliches in the scenes, like Ciri not grabbing the sword when she rescued Dudu, Triss not following you in Now or ever, and even blocking you in the sewers, to dijkstra getting stuck and not fighting back, and Caranthir battle also not fighting back. Along with a many others bugs in the general gameplay.

I had the feeling the regular 1.31 version dindt had so many issues.

Shivansps;n10361052 said:
I have no idea of what is going on, but i just ended up playing the GOTY edition on PC and ran intro so many gliches that i had to double check the version and re-download just in case.

From animation gliches in the scenes, like Ciri not grabbing the sword when she rescued Dudu, Triss not following you in Now or ever, and even blocking you in the sewers, to dijkstra getting stuck and not fighting back, and Caranthir battle also not fighting back. Along with a many others bugs in the general gameplay.

I had the feeling the regular 1.31 version dindt had so many issues.

According to what we've been told, 1.31(a) is nothing but housekeeping for GOG / Galaxy (ensuring the library of files is kept up to date with the updates made on the marketplace) -- doesn't affect the game content in any way.

What you're describing sounds like either data corruption, a system config issue, or a Windows / installation issue. Try the following:

1.) Try turning Vsync = On. Several game functions are tied to accurate frame-timing, and running with unlimited FPS can introduce odd issues.

2.) Be sure the game is not installed anywhere under Program Files or Program Files(x86). These are protected directories in Windows and it can introduce issues, even using standard Administrator accounts. Best bet is to install all games to the root of the drive or a folder of your own creation, i.e. C:\The Witcher 3\... or C:\MyRPGgames\The Witcher 3\... (If using Steam, you can simply follow these steps for moving an existing Steam installation. You'll likely have to verify each of your games once after doing this.)

3.) Add the game to the exceptions list for your anti-virus, firewall, etc.

4.) Set the game's .EXE to "Run as administrator". If using Windows 10, be sure that the Permissions for the game's folder and the ...Documents\The Witcher 3\... folder are set to "Everyone".

Also, are you using any mods, or have you ever used any in the past?

Top Bottom