x

You have decided to merge your account with the GOG.com.

You can now start participating in the community discussions.

x

You chose to opt out from the merge process.
Please note that you will not be able to access your account until you opt in.

We strongly encourage you to merge your RED account with the GOG.com one.
If you want to do it later please try logging in again.

• Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TW3 upgrade for PS4 Pro?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They prove that since the poor mod support with the toolkit they released and the number of bugs still present to date (even on DLC).

Comment

EDIT: nvm.

Comment

I want Informations!!!!!

Comment

Soon®.
          People always ask me, "What's in the box?" I get the question a lot. "Come on -- what's in the box!?" I won't tell them...but I'll tell you. Go on.
          You can see what's IN THE BOX!!!

Comment

According to a quote from a recent presentation on another forum, the 4K patch is expected to come to consoles "in a few days".

Comment

Hmm, only a 4K patch?

And what if someone doesn't have a 4K TV, but does have a PS4 Pro?

Will there be any enhancements on that matter too?

Comment

Originally posted by mark5916 View Post
                Hmm, only a 4K patch?

And what if someone doesn't have a 4K TV, but does have a PS4 Pro?

Will there be any enhancements on that matter too?
                From what I gather it's a "boost" for the PS4 Pro and the new Xbox one. So I imagine you would see enhancements regardless of whether you have a 4K TV or not.

Comment

Originally posted by VilhelmTell View Post

From what I gather it's a "boost" for the PS4 Pro and the new Xbox one. So I imagine you would see enhancements regardless of whether you have a 4K TV or not.
                  Hmm, if u mean boost mode, like the PS4 "boost" mode then obviously we will don't get much.

As boost mode, as it works on "The Witcher 3" locks the game at 30 fps. At least it plays that way on my PS4 pro.

If u mean enhancements, like better graphics, lightning, view distances and similar stuff, then that would be awesome.

What i hoped for with that patch is:

1) 1080p 60FPS

2) Super-sampled 1080p graphics.

The first one is most unlikely to be happen.

The second one is a double edged sword. U get better looking graphics but to make it to work the game needs to be optimized properly.

Otherwise bad things can happen like Skyrim S.E. on the PS4 Pro, if u know what i mean.

Comment

Well I'm playing it on a ps4 pro hooked up to a 4K tv. Dunno how it could get any better lol....it already looks better on the pro and the ps4 pro boost mode has had some impact aswell. Fog in the swamp areas seems more realistic and the pro does not get as "stressed out" like my standard ps4 would get in those areas. Novigrad and Beauclair also have less texture pop ins like they did on standard ps4. The 4K screen (even on other non 4K patched titles) does make the graphics slightly better than 1080p. Allot will also depend on the type of 4K screen you have as not all 4K screens are made equal.

The lower end models seem to offer a basic experience at best but suffer a lot with motion blur and judder, they also only have simulated HDR or something called HDR Premium, it not true HDR as most of those tv's only have an 8 bit color gamut. They also suffer from imput lag.

I have a quantam dot Samsung UHD tv, a friend of mine who also plays TW3 on a ps4 pro has a LG UHD and his game looks crap on his tv compared to mine. (He is trying to sell it now and get a Samsung lol)

The type of 4K tv played on does impact quite abit with regards to what differences some people are gonna see with regards to graphics especially.

Comment

• Originally posted by Potestaquisitor View Post
                      Well I'm playing it on a ps4 pro hooked up to a 4K tv. Dunno how it could get any better lol....it already looks better on the pro and the ps4 pro boost mode has had some impact aswell. Fog in the swamp areas seems more realistic and the pro does not get as "stressed out" like my standard ps4 would get in those areas. Novigrad and Beauclair also have less texture pop ins like they did on standard ps4. The 4K screen (even on other non 4K patched titles) does make the graphics slightly better than 1080p. Allot will also depend on the type of 4K screen you have as not all 4K screens are made equal.

The lower end models seem to offer a basic experience at best but suffer a lot with motion blur and judder, they also only have simulated HDR or something called HDR Premium, it not true HDR as most of those tv's only have an 8 bit color gamut. They also suffer from imput lag.

I have a quantam dot Samsung UHD tv, a friend of mine who also plays TW3 on a ps4 pro has a LG UHD and his game looks crap on his tv compared to mine. (He is trying to sell it now and get a Samsung lol)

The type of 4K tv played on does impact quite abit with regards to what differences some people are gonna see with regards to graphics especially.
                      That's nice, if it runs at 4K that smooth.

I hope, they r pushing the graphics a bit for us with an regular 1080p TV. lol

Can't complain about the fps either on my PS4 pro. On boost mode, it runs perfectly.

Comment

• Originally posted by mark5916 View Post
                        2) Super-sampled 1080p graphics.
                        TW3 branch of Red Engine has broken support for super sampling. Upscaling works, but supersampling doesn't. I highly doubt they ever gotten around to fixing it. Unless they'd resort to using PS4 hardware scaler to do the job which i guess would be the easy way out without bothering any engine programmers.

Comment

• Originally posted by skacikpl View Post

TW3 branch of Red Engine has broken support for super sampling. Upscaling works, but supersampling doesn't. I highly doubt they ever gotten around to fixing it. Unless they'd resort to using PS4 hardware scaler to do the job which i guess would be the easy way out without bothering any engine programmers.
                          Oh that's unfortunate then. :/

Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

• To be honest I would wait for and pay for anything that improves upon an already incredible game. These patches aren't just an opportunity to do what every other dev does with their patches which is just add eye candy here and there. CD RED is better than that they never half ass. Above and beyond is more their style. I would hope they are treating this the same way. Pushing things to the absolute limit for the absolute best version they can create. We shall see. I'll be linking my own topics on tons of suggestions and ideas and even bugs and imperfections in hopes that it helps make it just that much better.
                            Last edited by gabriel4602152; 16-09-17, 05:46.

Comment

Working...
                            X