TW3 upgrade for PS4 Pro?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest 2364765

Probably only if Sony will pay for it. And even then the upgrade will most likely go as far as changing the engine values and resolution.

Screw the PS4 pro, it's not as powerful as the scorpio, and the PC version should be wayyy more powerful than both. This like like when sean murray said that no man's sky could be sooooo much better on the ps4 neo. That's saying like....so why can't it be better on PC? idk.

I was gonna ask the same question :)
i really really want to play the game in 1080/60 on PS4 Pro

That's precisely what I was thinking about. I'm not entirely sold on 4K and know very well this console won't be able to run the game natively on 4K but if we could get the 60fps that would be totally worth it :D

Won't get 60FPS as the CPU is most likely going to be a iteration of Jaguar with about 50% more clock and slight IPC improvements if any. This would be enough to iron out drops below 30FPS in Novigrad etc. and increase resolution or graphics settings. I'd just keep 1080p/30FPS and crank up the settings.

Rise of the Tomb Raider will have 3 modes on Playstation 4 Pro.

1.) 4K mode

2.) 1080p higher framerate ( at >45 FPS targeting 60 )

3.) 1080p 30 FPS locked with everything pushed to the max

I wish that they treat the Witcher 3 the same way.

I guess if they want to do patch for pro would be great! But game is already so good and they already done so much for this game! Whatever they think is good I totally support them!

This would be my preference for Witcher 3 on PS4 Pro. A rock solid 30fps at 1080p with cranked up texture quality, grass density, bigger crowds in Novigrad (on Sony's console the city feels rather devoid of life), better foliage visibility range, improved shadow and terrain quality if possible, etc.

Last edited:

iCake

Forum veteran
Rise of the Tomb Raider will have 3 modes on Playstation 4 Pro.

1.) 4K mode

2.) 1080p higher framerate ( at >45 FPS targeting 60 )

I wish that they treat the Witcher 3 the same way.

That is why I'm ignoring consoles from now on and saving for a gaming PC.

On topic: I'm 99% sure that there'll be some graphical enhancement for TW3 on PS4 pro, don't you worry. The real question is will they go the extra mile and don't limit it to simple tweaks to the engine config and reconfigure the engine for the custom 4K resolution like ME:A does, which uses some kind of advanced upscaling to recreate an image that seemingly looks like a native 4K output or is supposed to look like it. My guess it's some kind of hardware temporal reconstruction or "checkboard" style rendering.

Last edited:
Better not upgrade any visuals. Novigrade or other scenes will suffer again with frame rates. Just let it work same graphics and solid 100% 30fps.

iCake

Forum veteran
Better not upgrade any visuals. Novigrade or other scenes will suffer again with frame rates. Just let it work same graphics and solid 100% 30fps.

It'll work like that on PS4 Pro with no work from CDPR whatsoever. The new system is more than powerful enough to handle the game just like that.

I don't think you will get anything that looks significantly different on a PS4 Pro. Maybe some better shadows and draw distance if keeping it at 1080p. But, I don't think anything else would change to blow you away. GTX 1080s can't play this game at a steady 60FPS on 4K / Ultra Settings and they are approx twice as powerful as PS4 Pro.

Don't expect anything significant, if anything at all.

Almost finished my second playtrough of uncharted 4. Its pretty damn imppressive what naughty dog achieved on graphical level there. Its only 30 fps, but i can live with that. Its more important for me atleast to get game runnin at steady fps, rather than 120 fps that twitches all the time. Its exlusive title so i guess that helps developers some. If only W3 had that level of face animations :D would be pretty epic. Sure the w3 is on whole diffrent scale, so makin that level of detail on cutscenes would probably be too much. Even for CDPR..

It'll work like that on PS4 Pro with no work from CDPR whatsoever. The new system is more than powerful enough to handle the game just like that.

Actually no, that's not how consoles work. Consoles are a closed system and console games are configurated to the console they're running on. They can't just use additional power like a PC game is able to.

Edit: Apparently, I'm an idiot :D

Last edited:

iCake

Forum veteran
Actually no, that's not how consoles work. Consoles are a closed system and console games are configurated to the console they're running on. They can't just use additional power like a PC game is able to.

Sure about that?

Last edited:

Just like the increased GPU clock on the xbox one s didn't do anything? right? :wat:

But yeah, Novigrad is most likely CPU limited and thus the new PS4 Pro's ~50% overclocked CPU should easily be able remove FPS drops present on the standard console.

The roughly 2 x faster GPU with the power similiar to a RX 470 should be able to pull off the same settings equivalent to the PC's ultra settings. Ofcourse at a locked 30FPS.

Last edited:
GTX 1080s can't play this game at a steady 60FPS on 4K / Ultra Settings and they are approx twice as powerful as PS4 Pro.
Just 1080p30fps with ultra graphics. I think it's possible, because of PS4 Pro GPU (something like rx480 - 2.3x stronger than OG PS4 GPU).
That's all i want.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom