TW3 upgrade for PS4 Pro?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I'm playing it on a ps4 pro hooked up to a 4K tv. Dunno how it could get any better lol....it already looks better on the pro and the ps4 pro boost mode has had some impact aswell. Fog in the swamp areas seems more realistic and the pro does not get as "stressed out" like my standard ps4 would get in those areas. Novigrad and Beauclair also have less texture pop ins like they did on standard ps4. The 4K screen (even on other non 4K patched titles) does make the graphics slightly better than 1080p. Allot will also depend on the type of 4K screen you have as not all 4K screens are made equal.

The lower end models seem to offer a basic experience at best but suffer a lot with motion blur and judder, they also only have simulated HDR or something called HDR Premium, it not true HDR as most of those tv's only have an 8 bit color gamut. They also suffer from imput lag.

I have a quantam dot Samsung UHD tv, a friend of mine who also plays TW3 on a ps4 pro has a LG UHD and his game looks crap on his tv compared to mine. (He is trying to sell it now and get a Samsung lol)

The type of 4K tv played on does impact quite abit with regards to what differences some people are gonna see with regards to graphics especially.

Potestaquisitor;n9525791 said:
Well I'm playing it on a ps4 pro hooked up to a 4K tv. Dunno how it could get any better lol....it already looks better on the pro and the ps4 pro boost mode has had some impact aswell. Fog in the swamp areas seems more realistic and the pro does not get as "stressed out" like my standard ps4 would get in those areas. Novigrad and Beauclair also have less texture pop ins like they did on standard ps4. The 4K screen (even on other non 4K patched titles) does make the graphics slightly better than 1080p. Allot will also depend on the type of 4K screen you have as not all 4K screens are made equal.

The lower end models seem to offer a basic experience at best but suffer a lot with motion blur and judder, they also only have simulated HDR or something called HDR Premium, it not true HDR as most of those tv's only have an 8 bit color gamut. They also suffer from imput lag.

I have a quantam dot Samsung UHD tv, a friend of mine who also plays TW3 on a ps4 pro has a LG UHD and his game looks crap on his tv compared to mine. (He is trying to sell it now and get a Samsung lol)

The type of 4K tv played on does impact quite abit with regards to what differences some people are gonna see with regards to graphics especially.

That's nice, if it runs at 4K that smooth.

I hope, they r pushing the graphics a bit for us with an regular 1080p TV. lol

Can't complain about the fps either on my PS4 pro. On boost mode, it runs perfectly.

Guest 2364765

mark5916;n9519801 said:
2) Super-sampled 1080p graphics.

TW3 branch of Red Engine has broken support for super sampling. Upscaling works, but supersampling doesn't. I highly doubt they ever gotten around to fixing it. Unless they'd resort to using PS4 hardware scaler to do the job which i guess would be the easy way out without bothering any engine programmers.

skacikpl;n9529461 said:
TW3 branch of Red Engine has broken support for super sampling. Upscaling works, but supersampling doesn't. I highly doubt they ever gotten around to fixing it. Unless they'd resort to using PS4 hardware scaler to do the job which i guess would be the easy way out without bothering any engine programmers.

Oh that's unfortunate then. :/

Thanks for the heads up. ;)

To be honest I would wait for and pay for anything that improves upon an already incredible game. These patches aren't just an opportunity to do what every other dev does with their patches which is just add eye candy here and there. CD RED is better than that they never half ass. Above and beyond is more their style. I would hope they are treating this the same way. Pushing things to the absolute limit for the absolute best version they can create. We shall see. I'll be linking my own topics on tons of suggestions and ideas and even bugs and imperfections in hopes that it helps make it just that much better.

Last edited:
Does anyone have any news on the Patch?
It's been a while since they announced that patch on the xbox conference...
Can't find any news on media either...

Can't wait to see how they can improve an already perfect game..

Guest 2364765

AndreSiqueira;n9631581 said:
Does anyone have any news on the Patch?
It's been a while since they announced that patch on the xbox conference...
Can't find any news on media either...

Can't wait to see how they can improve an already perfect game..

I wouldn't expect the patch to be released before XboneX release.
It just makes sense for them to work on both and release them around same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom