x

You have decided to merge your account with the GOG.com.

You can now start participating in the community discussions.

x

You chose to opt out from the merge process.
Please note that you will not be able to access your account until you opt in.

We strongly encourage you to merge your RED account with the GOG.com one.
If you want to do it later please try logging in again.

• Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Witcher 3 for Linux

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gilrond-i-Virdan View Post
    Are hounds of the Wild Hunt supposed to be invisible? I wonder if it's by design, or it's a Wine bug.
    Nope, most definitely not invisible.

Comment

• Definitely a bug, it is tracked here. The hounds are annoying enough without the ability to become invisible.

Comment

• More than 11,000!

Comment

• Józef Kucia is doing some amazing work and is close to fixing invisible monsters bug:
          The bug is caused by two issues:
          * wined3d doesn't support draw calls with no attachments,
          * wined3d tries to map transform feedback buffers while transform feedback is paused.
          I should have a fix soon.

Comment

This is a good number for community, but we don't know what CDPR thinks about it, alas...

Comment

• Originally posted by pependos View Post

This is a good number for community, but we don't know what CDPR thinks about it, alas...
              To be honest, CDPR's communication is completely non existent, so we don't know what they think about anything really

Comment

so we don't know what they think about anything really
                Actually, they think rather a lot about video games, costume-play, desktop toys, cats -- and other fluffy animals -- coffee, sandwiches, chocolate, memes, and Gwent.
                'Sorry, but smashing barrels is one of my hobbies!'

Forewarned is forearmed. Therefore, to reduce chances of random encounters with the Guards, please, be acquainted with and follow the Forums' Regulations. Thank you.

Comment

• Still waiting for that distorted monsters patch to be fixed (so it wouldn't freeze on AMD), but the game is quite close to fully playable already.

Comment

• Originally posted by pependos View Post
                    Since it does not look like there are plans to release a port, the number is probably either still considered "not enough", or it is too late for major TW3 development. Perhaps there would be better chance with Cyberpunk 2077. But it is possible that CDPR lost interest in Linux, they might have had plans to port their games around 2013-2014 when it seemed promising as a gaming platform, but after seeing that it does not really take off, they dropped the idea.

Comment

• Originally posted by sv3672 View Post
                      but after seeing that it does not really take off, they dropped the idea.
                      Linux took off a while ago. It's a growing gaming platform today. Take a look - more and more developers are releasing for it. If CDPR didn't get that and dropped the idea, I think Linux gamers should just drop interest in CDPR future games, since it's unlikely CDPR will pay attention to actual demand.

Comment

• TW3 through Wine + dxvk:

For the reference, dxvk is a new project for implementing D3D11 over Vulkan, and can be used as drop in replacement for Wine's D3D11 over OpenGL. But the project is pretty young, so many things aren't implemented yet.

Comment

• Hmmm. Looks as though it might stand a ghost of chance. Rather spectral.
                          'Sorry, but smashing barrels is one of my hobbies!'

Forewarned is forearmed. Therefore, to reduce chances of random encounters with the Guards, please, be acquainted with and follow the Forums' Regulations. Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Riven-Twain View Post
                            Hmmm. Looks as though it might stand a ghost of chance. Rather spectral.
                            Heh, but it's progress at least. I'm kind of still stuck in early Velen quests, because Wine + Mesa still have a freeze in TW3 with default OpenGL backend with the patch that fixes invisible monsters. So far developers didn't find the cause. But this new project has a potential not only to avoid old bugs, but to also improve performance.

Comment

Working...
                            X