The Witcher 3 for Linux

+
Some Wine developers claim, they implemented tessellation shaders, and now are getting such results:

They didn't publish these updates yet though, so I wasn't able to reproduce that.

The pictures were originally posted here, by the way, perhaps a link to a patch or modified sources that make it possible to reproduce them will also appear later.

Here is my recent result (Wine staging, built from latest git master). Note that framerate is pretty abysmal (around 5-6 fps).

Low settings:

High settings:

Last edited:
Better results with buffer pool patch applied. Framerate already starts becoming playable, so it's a major milestone.

RX480, min settings

RX480, max settings, no hairworks, no SSAO

Last edited:
More screenshots:

Kaer Morhen balcony.

Ciri exercising

Kaer Morhen, sparring in the yard.

Gilrond-i-Virdan;n8165010 said:
What would be fair, is for him to straighten things up, and release TW3 for Linux as they planned. Talk about TW4 is cheap.

This is the biggest issue I have at the moment.. Gog have been saying for years that they are looking to linux and have ported a number of other dev's games, and even though CDP themselves said W3 would be on linux they haven't they haven't bothered following up on their promise..

If they won't even do their own games, how much are they willing to support linux 'reallly'?

I expected the linux release ages ago, I'm disappointed that CDP seem to have forgotten their obligations.

Tormentfan;n8203930 said:
This is the biggest issue I have at the moment.. Gog have been saying for years that they are looking to linux and have ported a number of other dev's games, and even though CDP themselves said W3 would be on linux they haven't they haven't bothered following up on their promise..

If they won't even do their own games, how much are they willing to support linux 'reallly'?

I expected the linux release ages ago, I'm disappointed that CDP seem to have forgotten their obligations.

Obligations? Maybe they have other priorities. Console and PC seem to be more popular. Not CDPRs fault Linux isnt the most interesting. They might work on it if demand is high enough.

SarahAustin;n8217860 said:
Obligations? Maybe they have other priorities. Console and PC seem to be more popular. Not CDPRs fault Linux inst the most interesting. They might work on it if demand is high enough.

If one says one will do something, and the act of that saying gains applause and positive recognition then YES, there is an OBLIGATION to actually carry out one's word.

To collect kudos for saying you'll do something then not bothering is, at best BULLSHIT and at worst manipulative lies.

It's is irrelevant that THAT YOU THINK "Not CDPRs fault Linux inst the most interesting.", your opinion on what you want to let them away with has NOTHING WHATSOEVER TO DO WITH ANYTHING AT ALL. You can excuse them all you wish, but that is your issue, I certainly don't have to. I take people's worth based on their actions and so far these particular 'actions' (the action of making a statement) have been bullshit. It doesn't matter what the demand is like, if it's just me, sitting on my own pulling my pudding, waiting for it then I have EVERY RIGHT TO COMPLAIN about not getting it BECAUSE THEY SAID I WOULD.... It isn't 'just' me of course.

I will say this. It had better make an appearance before Cyberpunk 2077, because my day for giving money to liars in the game industry is LONG over.

Last edited:
Tormentfan;n8229920 said:
If one says one will do something, and the act of that saying gains applause and positive recognition then YES, there is an OBLIGATION to actually carry out one's word.

To collect kudos for saying you'll do something then not bothering is, at best BULLSHIT and at worst manipulative lies.

It's is irrelevant that THAT YOU THINK "Not CDPRs fault Linux inst the most interesting.", your opinion on what you want to let them away with has NOTHING WHATSOEVER TO DO WITH ANYTHING AT ALL. You can excuse them all you wish, but that is your issue, I certainly don't have to. I take people's worth based on their actions and so far these particular 'actions' (the action of making a statement) have been bullshit. It doesn't matter what the demand is like, if it's just me, sitting on my own pulling my pudding, waiting for it then I have EVERY RIGHT TO COMPLAIN about not getting it BECAUSE THEY SAID I WOULD.... It isn't 'just' me of course.

I will say this. It had better make an appearance before Cyberpunk 2077, because my day for giving money to liars in the game industry is LONG over.
This is their first game that they released to 3 different platforms on day one. They've come a long way, and they did a hell of a job on the game, so I won't be holding it against them. If they do the same thing with CP2077, then I'd make a case against them for it. Until then, however, they've outdone themselves.

Top Bottom