The Witcher 3 for Linux

+
At last, the freeze issue is gone, and Velen ground looks OK! I'll be able to progress now.

pependos;n9442081 said:
People talk about this patchset. Does it affect our Witcher3 somehow?

It might affect Nvidia blob for TW3. I don't think it affects Mesa much. I didn't try it yet though, since it looks like it requires whole staging CSMT.

Not really interesting in streaming. I want to play it on Linux itself. Besides, I'm skeptical about good streaming experience on anything but LAN. It would depend on your network latency, i.e. distance to the server and so on.

Guest 2364765

Gilrond-i-Virdan;n9633221 said:
In some areas when it's dark / rainy, I get this white outline on vegetation. Is it normal, or it's a bug?

Normally i'd call it broken MSAA, but obviously game doesn't use it.

You could try disabling anything that has edge detection, like post processing AA/Temporal AA/sharpening filter.

skacikpl;n9636861 said:
You could try disabling anything that has edge detection, like post processing AA/Temporal AA/sharpening filter.

And by the way it happens with Mesa / radeonsi and with Nvidia blob. Are there some game config config keys those settings?

Guest 2364765

Gilrond-i-Virdan;n9637721 said:
And by the way it happens with Mesa / radeonsi and with Nvidia blob. Are there some game config config keys those settings?

Sharpening and post AA can be disabled directly in game settings.

I think it has something to do with AA. I notice it in Skyrim and FO4 as well. It seems to be less noticeable when AA is completely disabled, though it seems to exist around anything that uses translucent textures.

skacikpl;n9639601 said:
Sharpening and post AA can be disabled directly in game settings.

I played around with sharpening and anti-aliasing, turning them off. That didn't affect that bug. I assume it's something in Wine that doesn't handle those translucent textures properly.

Last edited:
Gilrond-i-Virdan;n9642981 said:
I played around with sharpening and anti-aliasing, turning the off. That didn't affect that bug. I assume it's something in Wine that doesn't handle those translucent textures properly.

What about alpha channel specifically (through NVInspector or something)? I can't remember the details -- but there was something (transparency AA? temporal AA?) that made frost trolls translucent in Skyrim. In fiddling around with that, I accidentally mitigated this "glow" effect (which occurred mostly around characters in that game). I wish I could remember.

Top Bottom