x

You have decided to merge your account with the GOG.com.

You can now start participating in the community discussions.

x

You chose to opt out from the merge process.
Please note that you will not be able to access your account until you opt in.

We strongly encourage you to merge your RED account with the GOG.com one.
If you want to do it later please try logging in again.

• Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[SPOILERS] What's your opinion on Hearts of Stone?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazing. Gaunter is an intriguing villain. I wish his rewards would amount to something. When given the choice I preferred helping Everec though. I am glad because it was much more rewarding than his so called other rewards. I looked at those on youtube.

Comment

• Originally posted by e-ahmet View Post
      ...much more rewarding than his so called other rewards. I looked at those on youtube.
      Oh, I always get that "Fast like a wind" saddle. It turns my Roach to super cool ghost horse with nice side effects. I just love that!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_56361.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	131.3 KB
ID:	9206071

But yeah, Gaunter is one of the best characters in this game, me thinks

Last edited by Sunsibar; 25-07-17, 16:46.

Comment

• That's really nice! I've gone through it after Blood and Wine and when I started playing I thought I've made a mistake. But maybe there was no. It's not worse.

Comment

• I must be playing it wrong. I never got into the runewords mechanism because loot and merchants offer perfectly fine armor and weapons.

And that's my issue with the game: do all the side quests (they're amazing, I enjoy finding an old woman's pan for her, etc) and your gear levels up naturally (again: drops and merchants) without ever having to get involved with the runewords.

Am I missing something? I really love the world of Witcher but it's the only RPG I've played since Baldur's Gate 2 (that's how old I am) and I get the feeling that i just don't know how to get the most out of it. I'm totally enjoying it but I keep on thinking that I could be enjoying it more.

Comment

• Originally posted by TessaTickle View Post
            I must be playing it wrong. I never got into the runewords mechanism because loot and merchants offer perfectly fine armor and weapons.

And that's my issue with the game: do all the side quests (they're amazing, I enjoy finding an old woman's pan for her, etc) and your gear levels up naturally (again: drops and merchants) without ever having to get involved with the runewords.

Am I missing something? I really love the world of Witcher but it's the only RPG I've played since Baldur's Gate 2 (that's how old I am) and I get the feeling that i just don't know how to get the most out of it. I'm totally enjoying it but I keep on thinking that I could be enjoying it more.
            I think there is both win and lose in the way you play. Crafted and enchanted armor is much more powerful that things which you could randomly loot making this loot useless, so you get more exciting gameplay (good loot always excites on proper difficulty) but you lose diversity of additional battle styles offered by crafting and enchantment.

Comment

Working...
            X