x

You have decided to merge your account with the GOG.com.

You can now start participating in the community discussions.

x

You chose to opt out from the merge process.
Please note that you will not be able to access your account until you opt in.

We strongly encourage you to merge your RED account with the GOG.com one.
If you want to do it later please try logging in again.

• Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best armor sets(aesthetically)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For me it 's a tie between mastercrafted wolven and ursine... with manticore and Temerian set as close second and third.

Comment

• Manticore set coloured similar to the jacket from Witcher 1.
      White coloured grandmaster feline armor.
      Ofieri set with iris.

Comment

• I'm incredibly frustrated to see everyone enjoying Witcher gear when I wore only the Griffin set in the pre-DLC W3. By the time I completed a Witcher Gear treasure hunt, I'd already found / bought armour that severely outclassed it.

It's led me to think that I may have played this game wrong the entire time,

Comment

• Witcher gear is better that "common" armor overall, plus the upgrades , plus better looking design (i know is a matter of taste, but the witcher gear look with more work put into them than the other armors, and it makes sense..is a witcher game after all). That doesn't mean that we don't have good looking armors, like the Temerian DLC or the Cydarian or even the Oathbreaker. The armors from Blood and Wine don't make sense to me...Geralt will not even think on wearing those...(Griffin armor, specially the last upgrades are questionable for a Witcher) but it's just my roleplay head talking out loud.

Comment

• Originally posted by JUANMAS7ER View Post
            Witcher gear is better that "common" armor overall, plus the upgrades , plus better looking design (i know is a matter of taste, but the witcher gear look with more work put into them than the other armors, and it makes sense..is a witcher game after all). That doesn't mean that we don't have good looking armors, like the Temerian DLC or the Cydarian or even the Oathbreaker. The armors from Blood and Wine don't make sense to me...Geralt will not even think on wearing those...(Griffin armor, specially the last upgrades are questionable for a Witcher) but it's just my roleplay head talking out loud.
            Armor designs were to let players live out their fantasies, I believe. The books describe witchers wearing little to no armor, as they rely on their mutations and pure speed to see them through. Armor restricts movement and mobility, albeit, only a tiny bit...I imagine every little bit counts when you can move so quickly that seconds might as well be minutes.

Gameplay / stat purposes aside, many modern gamers expect huge, open-world RPGs to allow them to customize the look of their characters to a large degree, so the wide array of gear available in the game is there to that end, I believe. Just as in real life, Geralt is free to dress up in any clothing he gets his hands on. The only thing restricting people to wearing this over that is "choice".
            People always ask me, "What's in the box?" I get the question a lot. "Come on -- what's in the box!?" I won't tell them...but I'll tell you. Go on.
            You can see what's IN THE BOX!!!

Comment

• Griffon and Cat sets for me

Comment

• Originally posted by SigilFey View Post

Armor designs were to let players live out their fantasies, I believe. The books describe witchers wearing little to no armor, as they rely on their mutations and pure speed to see them through. Armor restricts movement and mobility, albeit, only a tiny bit...I imagine every little bit counts when you can move so quickly that seconds might as well be minutes.

Gameplay / stat purposes aside, many modern gamers expect huge, open-world RPGs to allow them to customize the look of their characters to a large degree, so the wide array of gear available in the game is there to that end, I believe. Just as in real life, Geralt is free to dress up in any clothing he gets his hands on. The only thing restricting people to wearing this over that is "choice".
                You took words off my mouth , give options to players is one of the high points to the witcher games, even the "not lore friendly" ones, is all about making your interpretation of Geralt

Comment

Working...
                X