TW 3 graphics on XB1 = disappointed

+
TW 3 graphics on XB1 = disappointed

Hi, all. First-time poster and long-time lurker here. So i bought an xbox one s last week, and also TW 3. For the xbox one players here, may i know what settings you are using on your TV picture? Because i have fiddled with the backlight, sharpness, contrast, gamma etc on my full hd tv and i cannot come up with a satisfactory image. The colors look washed-out; it's like the difference between a super amoled screed and a non-amoled screen. TW 3 looks very dull on my tv. I have also changed the display settings on my xb 1 to high contrast and to pc rgb, but to no avail.

I also have a pc with intel core i3-4170 and nvidia 750ti. Those are not even high-end specs, but my goodness, the difference is like night and day. For comparison, i fired up TW 3 on steam, and it's really no contest. The pc has deeper blacks and gorgeous lighting. And i do not even put it on high or ultra settings. I turn off nvidia hairworks, anti-aa and AO, vignetting, blur and motion blur, etc. Couldn't care less about those things. I generally hit 55-60 fps on low to medium settings. Just for giggles and for comparison. I set it on high and turned on HBAO+. Although my fps dropped to the 30ish to 40ish levels, the results were stunning. TW 3 on pc is the most gorgeous game i have seen, and my tv is not even 4k or HDR- capable. (I play on 1920 x 1080p)

I understand that the xb 1 only has 900p. I can live with that, but the foliage is just plain terrible. The image seem to improve only if there's some lighting effects on the game screen, but otherwise it's just plain dull as compared to my pc.

There is nothing you can do mate. I was crazy TV settings tweaker back in the day. PRO TIP; don't waste your time. lol

I would recommend that you get some great gameplay mods from the Nexus instead... The vanilla game is like a *Visenna-hold-my-hand-simulator" anyway.

It's probably mostly your TV, depending on the brand it may not support full RGB, I would look into that then change back to limited if needed, and get yourself a AVS HD 709 calibration disc to calibrate the brightness, contrast and colors. Also unfortunately the xbone version is just inferior to the pc version.

Your TV may have a "Game Mode" preset that will use fairly balanced sharpness and contrast. It may also be possible to run your Xbox into a monitor instead, provided the monitor has a compatible HDMI port.

Nothing you do with a television will create monitor-crisp graphics, though. Certain high-res TVs can come close, though! Plus, the console versions' graphical settings hover somewhere between Medium and High on PC. You may be noticing some disparity in that regard, as well.

Thanks for the inputs, guys.

My xb1 s came bundled with gears of war 4. I just finished downloading it (90 gb file size...wow) and played for an hour or so. The color reproduction and textures are better than TW 3, so i do not think it is my TV. And i did not to play around with the color settings for gears of war 4; i just used the standard mode.

Hello, I'm a xbox user too an to be sincere, I dont find anithing wrkng in the Witcher's graphics, so probably is yor tv, play with the settings.

I don't have an Xbox myself, so I can only figure so much. What I do know is that this is the first post about this issue I've ever come across. If the graphics were as washed out as you seem to be seeing by default, I imagine it would have generated a stir at some point.

Can you post a few pics of TW3 and a few pics of Gears so that we can get an idea of what the game looks like? (As you'll likely have to take a picture of the screen with your phone, please make the room as dark as you can, so the light levels on the screen are as clear as possible.)

That's just one of the downsides to console gaming - you're going to have significantly lower Image Quality, but since you likely spent a lot less $ on it, that is the tradeoff. :)
Upgrade your gaming PC enjoy this game in all it's true 4k glory with everything cranked. Going on a 3 year old game, but I haven't played anything since 2015 that looks 'better' than Witcher 3. A few are the same level, but nothing that pushes past it at 4k.

G Force GTX 1070 thumbs up ! Great Card. I run an "Ibuy-power" BB905 with Intel Core(tm) i7-6700 3.4 ghz (4.0 ghz turbo) Nvidia Gforce 1070 8GB (DDR4-2133 mhz 1 TB Sata HD 120gb Sata Solid State Drive.

The game is so amazingly beautiful to view.

blueeyedirish;n10605192 said:
G Force GTX 1070 thumbs up ! Great Card. I run an "Ibuy-power" BB905 with Intel Core(tm) i7-6700 3.4 ghz (4.0 ghz turbo) Nvidia Gforce 1070 8GB (DDR4-2133 mhz 1 TB Sata HD 120gb Sata Solid State Drive.

The game is so amazingly beautiful to view.

Thumbs up my gaming companion. It always makes me so happy to see people enjoying games in super high image quality after they upgrade.

Top Bottom