What's your most embarrassing death? (pls keep it spoiler free)

+
What's your most embarrassing death? (pls keep it spoiler free)

I thought it might be interesting to read of how things didn't quite work out how you planned it.

For me, I died in the tutorial. In the starting room. As I was exploring the room and trying out the controls I went out to the balcony. I jumped onto the railings, fumbled with the keyboard and Geralt fell to his death.
:facepalm:

iCake

Forum veteran
Hayashi.226;n8730850 said:
For me, I died in the tutorial. In the starting room. As I was exploring the room and trying out the controls I went out to the balcony.

Lol, I'm not alone then, I sure thought I was though. :) I simply wanted to take in that beutiful view unobstructed so I jumped onto those railing, unfortunately Geralt always falls off those :(

Riven-Twain;n8740450 said:
Falling from roofs. Either that, or being killed by wild dogs.
Were you killed at level 50 from level 20 wolves?
A pack of even lower level wolves can be tough when you're not trying.

Can't remember which quest it was, but it involved mountains and Skellige. Finished something important at exactly sunset. Stepped over to the edge and sheathed my sword to watch the sun go down, savoring the emotional context of the scene.

Slipped off.

Started considering when my last save was made before I hit the ground...

...damn.

Guest 3847602

Most embarrassing? Probably falling off the cliff while following Lambert behind Kaer Morhen.
Also, calling for Triss' artillery strikes on myself as Ciri.
:wisegirl:

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't think of anything especially embarrassing but I fall off stuff A lot. Geralt has many qualities. A head for heights is not one of them. I have many qualities - hand-eye co-ordination is not one of them.

Being mauled by a bear while on horseback. Geralt simply refused to get off Roach; must've been some random glitch.

Hayashi.226;n8730850 said:
For me, I died in the tutorial. In the starting room. As I was exploring the room and trying out the controls I went out to the balcony. I jumped onto the railings, fumbled with the keyboard and Geralt fell to his death.

When I first played the game (the first version in May 2015, I think falling damage has been made somewhat more reasonable since then by the patches), I jumped off from a rooftop in White Orchard, thinking it is a safe height, at least judging from what is typical in other games. It did not end well. Falling damage is perhaps the deadliest "enemy" in the game, and it does not help that dense foliage sometimes hides a chasm (riding is safer, Roach stops at the edge), and it is easy to miss grabbing a ladder when climbing down.

sv3672;n8893940 said:
... it does not help that dense foliage sometimes hides a chasm (riding is safer, Roach stops at the edge)

Been there, done that! :D

I'll just quickly run through these bushes and..... Whoaaaaa! Dead!

When the game launched, I decided to test the whole "there are no invisible walls to stop your adventure" CDPR was using to market the game. So, during the dream sequence, I walk up on the balcony and pressed jump and I died less than 5 min into the game. Turns out it was true.

Well if you must know I was fighting a big silly goober, said goober proceeded to do scary big goober attacks. So scary in fact, I turned tail. As soon as I did so I ran directly off a cliff into an unstable portal I was repairing that had an outcome of it being a janky "as I said" incomplete portal and spawned me in the air and I plummeted to my death.. A sad end to the fabled Geralt of Rivia. XD

I hated that place, if I think it's what it is. Too many steep sides and cliffs and narrow as heck. And I literally looked high and low for many minutes until I found the item that would stabilise the portal. I was like <facepalm> when I found it.
Kaer Mohen, doing the Wolf gear scavenger hunt?

Top Bottom