Can I only remove all three implements from a weapon?

+

Guest 3823474

Can I only remove all three implements from a weapon?

I put in 2 (expensive!) big ones a small one, thinking sooner or later I'll find another big one. Which I did very soon after. So I went to the weaponsmith to have the small one removed and it only offers me to remove all three. Is there no way to remove them separately?

iCake

Forum veteran
Dowlphin;n9180441 said:
I put in 2 (expensive!) big ones...

Craft or find those runes, glyphs, crafting materials or whatnot yourself to avoid getting ripped off. Buying those things is convenient, but such convenience comes at a price.

Dowlphin;n9180441 said:
So I went to the weaponsmith to have the small one removed and it only offers me to remove all three. Is there no way to remove them separately?

No, there isn't. If you really want those runes back, you can dismantle your sword and get back all of the runes you've put in it. The sword will be lost, naturally.

Guest 3823474

iCake;n9185381 said:
No, there isn't. If you really want those runes back, you can dismantle your sword and get back all of the runes you've put in it. The sword will be lost, naturally.
Thanks. Seems very inconsistent that it works fine when dismantling it.
As a side note, I just funded the rune guy's business and was surprised that after investing such a huge sum and basically singlehandedly allowing him to work again, he still charges me for the work, even though I provide the mats, too.

iCake

Forum veteran
Dowlphin;n9185881 said:
Thanks. Seems very inconsistent that it works fine when dismantling it.

I personally don't see any inconsistencies here. You either keep your sword and be content with whatever runes you previously put in it or you lose your sword but get your runes back. It's a rather simple trade-off really and I do think this is how the devs wanted it to be. You can also reuse your runes easily when you find yourself a new better sword.

Dowlphin;n9185881 said:
As a side note, I just funded the rune guy's business and was surprised that after investing such a huge sum and basically singlehandedly allowing him to work again, he still charges me for the work, even though I provide the mats, too.

Me too, but such is a way of games. Most of them (unfortunately) have this kind of inconsistency in one way or another. Mostly comes from game design, game devs just avoid giving you free powerful stuff. The point is, you have to live with this.

I would argue that investing in a business does not alleviate the cost of running it. When investors in the real world get ongoing free services from startup businesses...it usually results in the startup going out of business! ;)

Besides, how many people in the world specialize in crafting automatic, magical augmentations into weapons and armor. (Thick Brooklyn accent: ) "Hey, Gerry! You want what I'm sellin' or not!? I love ya like a brother, but I still gotta eat, here! Forgetta 'bout it!"

iCake

Forum veteran
SigilFey

Investors invest to make more money in the future. We, on the other hand, don't get any share of profits from this business. If we did, then charging us for the business services was merited, as this is simply how business is run. You can't just give away things for free unless you want to go bankrupt. Also the fact that we singlehandedly cover the cost of setting this business up makes us an owner of it or at the very least a co-owner. In any case, charging us money in this circumstance is an obnoxious rip-off.

*coming from someone who doesn't know a thing about economy*

:smile:

Last edited:
iCake;n9200431 said:
In any case, charging us money in this circumstance is an obnoxious rip-off.

Can you imagine how Emhyr would have handled it? (Starts playing Toussaint's National Anthem.)

e-ahmet;n9200401 said:
I find this annoying too. There might be a mod for this maybe on Nexus.

And this is why games will always be better than real life. :p

Top Bottom