New DLC for The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt from a Russians student

+
New DLC for The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt from a Russians student

The student drew the DLC for the game The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

A student of the school of computer graphics Scream School Alexandra Tokaryuk chose the theme of her thesis "The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt" and drew the concept art of the whole supplement "Sands of Ophir". According to the idea, Geralt should go to the eastern country of Ophir.

Full concept (Russian):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9F...FHVEstMU0/view

Full concept (English):
https://www.facebook.com/alexandra.tokaryuk/posts/1557496234313611

Attachments

• photo160831.jpg
    photo160831.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 901
  • photo160841.jpg
    photo160841.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 503
  • photo160851.jpg
    photo160851.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 1,518
  • photo160861.jpg
    photo160861.jpg
    311.5 KB · Views: 620
Last edited:
Interesting concept, although it is not likely that the DLC would actually be made. Perhaps it could inspire modders, but the tools are rather limited for something like a complete expansion.

metalmaniac21;n9193371 said:
The art is doesn't catch the RED's vision(not even bringing books into this), the quality is sub-par.

And how may I ask Ophir itself or Toussaint matches overall style of main game? Different in-game country, different style.

Anyway, she is an artist, and those is her exam work, basically album of fine art inspired by W3. No reason to go mad about it, and certainly there is what to see in actual album (text on pictures is in English):
http://pikabu.ru/story/khudozhnitsa_...edmaka_5201426

Last edited by a moderator:
(Draws a marshmallow on a stick; points the gooey end toward the discussion.) Everyone is free to offer positive or negative criticism, but that does not mean that sarcasm and harshness is going to be welcomed. There is a difference between offering negative feedback and berating something.

Feedback = fine.

Derision = things get sticky.
(Waves the marshmallow menacingly.)

The wonderful thing about modding is that people are free to create whatever they want. Let's be friendly, please.

Guest 2364765

Well, all fine and dandy but how is this different from probably hundreds of already existing fan concept arts?
I mean - cool she made a thesis out of it but that's that. Also thread title is pure clickbait.

van_Dlav

I think the work you've done is great! I agree that it is a fairly drastic departure from the overall Witcher motif -- but such is the wonder of modding. ;) The artwork / designs are solidly done, and they are definitely conveying an Arabic / Persian feel.

I think the color palette you've chosen is spot-on for a desert environment. Should be cool to see it develop!

SigilFey

Oh. no. This work is not mine. Author of this concept art is my compatriot.
I just wanted to share with the same of Witchers universe as I am. I think that this girl has done great work.

About RED`s vision.

We have a few information about Ofir from books and from games. When I read Witcher, I imagined Ophir as in these pictures.
Many people criticized second DLC, because (in their opinion) it was not canonical.

I believe and hope that we will play The Witcher 4 someday. And then we learn the real red`s opinion.
For example, Mr. Sapkovskiy have neggative opinion about RED`s work (unfortunately).

I bet if you saw Ofieri armor before HoS was released and didn't know it was official, you'd say it is over-done and doesn't fit the Witcher world either.

e-ahmet;n9210251 said:
I bet if you saw Ofieri armor before HoS was released and didn't know it was official, you'd say it is over-done and doesn't fit the Witcher world either.

Indeed, I do think Ofieri armor in the game is over-done and don't fit well in the game..

Well, that's your opinion I guess. I have nothing against different styles if they are rationalized by them being from another country/land/culture.

e-ahmet;n9210251 said:

Well said

I think this is overall very well-done. Not sure if it all fits Witcher-lore but it seems to.
One bit of feedback here is that all the monster designs seem very, very bland and uninspired. Beyond that thks is a pretty top-notch job!

Well thought out, well-drawn and well presented. The fact that I got it even though I can't read Russion says a lot about the clarity here.
GG!

Official support is over for game and there is no such tools like for skyrim to make a whole DLC.
So we can taste only concept arts

Top Bottom