x

You have decided to merge your account with the GOG.com.

You can now start participating in the community discussions.

x

You chose to opt out from the merge process.
Please note that you will not be able to access your account until you opt in.

We strongly encourage you to merge your RED account with the GOG.com one.
If you want to do it later please try logging in again.

  • Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hidden quests

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hidden quests

    Do you know why some guests doesn't appear on map even get close by?They're easy to miss unless
    ride slow,keep the road and look people around and start conversation to get these small missions.

  • #2
    I believe some very small, incidental quests were meant to be subtle, as a reward for highly attentive players. I know I've missed several by mistake.
    'Sorry, but smashing barrels is one of my hobbies!'

    Forewarned is forearmed. Therefore, to reduce chances of random encounters with the Guards, please, review the Rules and Regulations of the Forums. Thank you.

    Comment


    • #3
      Some quests are related to the message boards as well and unlock when you read the messages even if they seem like fluff and also some can cross over in another part of the region so if you miss the message from the village it came from you won't see it until you are by it . What I mean is some messages relate to something that may be two villages from where you are at .

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by dmcaldw View Post
        Some quests are related to the message boards as well and unlock when you read the messages even if they seem like fluff and also some can cross over in another part of the region so if you miss the message from the village it came from you won't see it until you are by it . What I mean is some messages relate to something that may be two villages from where you are at .
        I've often wondered about this, as it always seemed odd to me that someone would wander off to some other town to post a quest...but then not post about it in their own town. On the other hand, everyone in each town would probably know about the issue, so if no one can help, it only makes sense to post about it elsewhere.

        Still, I don't think there's any in-game mechanic that will populate quest markers until you've actually found the quest. There are 4 ways to find out about them, though:

        1.) Finding the associated quest contract posted on a board.

        2.) Look for the golden ! above characters / on the mini-map.

        3.) Listen to villager chatter as you wander about. They often discuss goings-on related to the town and give away quests.

        4.) Stumble into a quest situation in the wild and complete by accident (which also takes away your chance to negotiate for more pay).

        Plus, any job boards that have available quests will appear "colored" on the map, so it's easier to hop about seeing if there's anything worth doing. I find it quite difficult miss things, actually. Certain quests will appear / vanish from the boards after certain points in the main game, though.

        I don't believe anything is "hidden" per say. If you can't find the one you're looking for, try advancing the main plot, then check again.
        People always ask me, "What's in the box?" I get the question a lot. "Come on -- what's in the box!?" I won't tell them...but I'll tell you. Go on.
        You can see what's IN THE BOX!!!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by SigilFey View Post



          I don't believe anything is "hidden" per say. If you can't find the one you're looking for, try advancing the main plot, then check again.
          They hidden if you use fast travel,but if you keep the road all the time see these events that can intervene.But you 're right they're not quests actually
          coz noone asking for help but you decide to question the situation.

          Last edited by Gvynblade; 11-09-17, 22:15.

          Comment


          • #6
            By design? Perhaps someone forgot to mark them? For a completionist like myself it's a nightmare but I will find every last one no matter how long it takes.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by gabriel4602152 View Post
              By design? Perhaps someone forgot to mark them? For a completionist like myself it's a nightmare but I will find every last one no matter how long it takes.
              Well,first you shouldn't use any fast travel and ride the whole roads and along the way be aware about npc's actions .

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Gvynblade View Post

                Well,first you shouldn't use any fast travel and ride the whole roads and along the way be aware about npc's actions .
                I'm afraid this is truly the only way to find everything. And you'll need to avoid fast-travel constantly, as certain quests only appear after certain main-quest stages have been reached. There are also certain quests that seem to trigger only when you have related items in your inventory (e.g. the "strange statuettes" you'll find...or can purchase...here and there.)
                People always ask me, "What's in the box?" I get the question a lot. "Come on -- what's in the box!?" I won't tell them...but I'll tell you. Go on.
                You can see what's IN THE BOX!!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Yes and even never use fast travel and think you explored all,wrong coz like you said some of them main quest or item dependent ..that makes completionists bad dream,discovering all who knows how many walkthroughs gonna takes though.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X