Every time I play - there is always something new!

+

Guest 3841499

Every time I play - there is always something new!

I beat the original/main game 3 timea already and each time I would come across something I have not seen before, even though I did every primary, secondary, contract, and treasure quest each playthrough and visited every "?" in Velen/Novigrad + all land "?" on Skellige. Its small random things, encounters, and cut-scenes here and there, but there is always something! There is no way to actually do EVERYTHING , unless you know exact locations of all those random encounters, is there?

Its so nice to see a game with more content that can be discovered in any single playthrough even by those putting a lot of effort to do so.

2 years after release and this game has not been matched by any other game out there when it comes to amount of meaningful content.

Now I am replaying it again, but this time heavily modded and its so much better than vanilla with the right mods!

iCake

Forum veteran
I've got 4 playthroughs behind me. On my second playthrough I found a lot of stuff I hadn't seen the first time. On the third I found just about a couple of new things. Then I thought like, okay, there's hardly anything new left. Then after a long hiatus I started my 4th playthrough, determined not to use fast travel. That last time I found more of new stuff than my 2nd and 3rd combined! :) It just seems there's no end to it. Then there's this cool thread here where people post their interesting findings in the game. After reading just a dozen pages there, I quickly realized that I still haven't seen a lot of stuff, there was even a full quest in there!

I have played 6 times and I still have some stuff unseen. Although those are mostly outcomes that I avoided earlier, so my next game is going to be very dark, sad and ugly. But I want to see as much as possible :)

Guest 3841499

I can try dark and ugly, but no way am I going to choose Yen... It just won't happen, not during any of my playthroughs...

MonarchX;n9696681 said:
I can try dark and ugly, but no way am I going to choose Yen... It just won't happen, not during any of my playthroughs...

While I do not prefer that either, fortunately there are still plenty of possible paths to replay the game on. :) Although on a "dark" playthrough it is probably best to choose no one.

Guest 3841499

sv3672;n9696941 said:
While I do not prefer that either, fortunately there are still plenty of possible paths to replay the game on. :) Although on a "dark" playthrough it is probably best to choose no one.

Or both - gotta relax somehow and playing the field is one way to do it!

I tend to get into "ruts" with huge games like this. Always covering the same ground. While playing this time, I forced myself away from the well-trodden roads. After 4 playthroughs, I can safely say that I discovered maybe 6 new side-quests this time. (The "peasants appeasing the 'god' in the woods" was probably the most amusing.)

I ran into a quest I'd missed a few times because I hadn't gone immediately to meet Yen at an inn after another quest had ended. I think the quest was The Last Wish, and it was a nice surprise that I'd missed out on previously by leaving it too long to get to her. There's still things I'm finding that aren't even marked on the map.

After posting the above, I found Leo's grave near the old mines at Kaer Morhen. Geralt even comments upon it "Leo's grave: a senseless death. Could've been avoided." Was a nice throwback to the first game and nice to see the devs hadn't just brushed off the character never to be heard of again. It's the details like that that make it a joy to play over and over.

Last edited:
On the contrary , i install the game 2 years ago, haven't got any free time to finish.
It's been sitting there untouched for 2 years in my drive, while other game comes and go from my drive, but Witcher stays on even if i don't play it.
But this week, i determined to finish the game.

W3 world is so mesmerizing, so i determined to play with slow pace, absorb everything.
In fact, back then, i stop playing because i back track all witcher series, to know a bit more, hehe...

I'm a new comer to W3'I'm still in White Orchard though'having done most of the quests there.But I'm determined to finding all the hidden loot/secrets that aren't marked on the map.I'm certainly one of those people who have to discover and do everything before moving on forward with the story.I'll be honest before I purchased W3 I wasn't sure I'd like it'as I played W2:AoK and hated everything about it.Everything felt limited and boring'but I decided to pick up the Complete Edition a few weeks ago for $20.I really was surprised at how much better and improved it is.I absolutely love it so far.I know it's a huge game spanning 100+ hrs.I'm sure I'm probably going to spend 1000's upon 1000's just to do and see everything

I finished my 4th play through a few months back. I found a few new quests in B&W, and several dialogues and small things in the main quest still. Always a good one to go back to when between new releases.

Top Bottom