Spawn band

+

Guest 2364765

What band?

Musicians? They actually do nothing at all by themselves, music is handled by separate entity that's invisible and it's actually the one that plays music.

Gvynblade;n10015311 said:
How come,when music off i can still hear them play?

Because the game treats them as sound effects.

'Music' is what you hear in the background - in the environment.

skacikpl;n10012931 said:
What band?

Musicians? They actually do nothing at all by themselves, music is handled by separate entity that's invisible and it's actually the one that plays music.

Lim3zer0;n10017961 said:
Because the game treats them as sound effects.

'Music' is what you hear in the background - in the environment.

What is the relevance of your answer about spawn it?

Gvynblade;n10020051 said:
What is the relevance of your answer about spawn it?

I answered your question about why you could still hear them....

Anyway... to answer your original question. There is no single command to spawn a band, at least not one presented in plain witcher script.
in order to create a band you will have to find the necessary entities to spawn and their behaviours, and spawn each of them in individually.
You can then load the nesecary soundbanks (if not loaded already), and play the music from one of those entities.

I dunno the exact details, somebody else could answer in more detail.

Guest 2364765

Lim3zer0;n10020301 said:
I answered your question about why you could still hear them....

Anyway... to answer your original question. There is no single command to spawn a band, at least not one presented in plain witcher script.
in order to create a band you will have to find the necessary entities to spawn and their behaviours, and spawn each of them in individually.
You can then load the nesecary soundbanks (if not loaded already), and play the music from one of those entities.

I dunno the exact details, somebody else could answer in more detail.

Actually all of that is single invisible entity, like i said, human npcs are just cosmetic - they do nothing in relation to actual music you hear from their general area.
it's an invisible music player that's just a single entity and it has two versions, one for indoors and one for outdoors.

skacikpl;n10022001 said:
Actually all of that is single invisible entity, like i said, human npcs are just cosmetic - they do nothing in relation to actual music you hear from their general area.
it's an invisible music player that's just a single entity and it has two versions, one for indoors and one for outdoors.

Mhm. But still the op's question is how to spawn a band, which is would mean all the accompanying 'players' even if if they don't do anything.

In general, Gvynblade, such "scenes" are generally a composite of individual elements in the engine.

1.) Each of the "musicians" is likely an individual "actor" (animated NPC model and texture set) that must be placed in the game world manually, then configured for proper facing. Additionally, it may be necessary to manually assign and "idle" animation package to it (...standing around and chatting, walking about a certain area, looking at a market stall, playing a musical instrument, etc.)

2.) The veranda behind them is likely a separate "static" mesh and texture package that must be individually placed and positioned.

3.) The sound of the music itself is a separate sound activator that must be assigned a central point in 3D space, and then perhaps configured to decide the radius of its effect (when the player begins to hear the music "fade in" as they approach).

I don't have any experience with TW3 modding, so I can't tell you exactly how it works here, but pretty much every game works as I've described above. It will almost certainly require the use of modding tools to add the scene in your video. Is there a simple, in-game, console command that would work like PlaceAtMe "Minstrels_Outdoor" 0045678 ? I don't think so.

SigilFey;n10035511 said:
I don't have any experience with TW3 modding, so I can't tell you exactly how it works here, but pretty much every game works as I've described above. It will almost certainly require the use of modding tools to add the scene in your video. Is there a simple, in-game, console command that would work like PlaceAtMe "Minstrels_Outdoor" 0045678 ? I don't think so.

I thought might be possible to spawn them one by one like some other npcs,spawn lute,flute player etc.

Gvynblade;n10067641 said:
I thought might be possible to spawn them one by one like some other npcs,spawn lute,flute player etc.

I can't say for certain that it's not possible, but I would be quite confident saying that if the actor was was spawned that way, they would likely be silent. Although...it is possible that one, particular actor might have the minstrel music attached to them...

It would be best to call on a mod author that's fiddled with adding / modifying NPCs.

Top Bottom