WLM 9.3

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why can't you do mod more cinematic? It's fantasy game...
Your mod is good but i looks sharp and kind of emty...
Lense flare, bloom and such things would make it better

erhjg19;n10112211 said:
Lense flare, bloom and such things would make it better

Things like this are often disabled by many people in plenty of games. Aside from obstructing your view, the player isn't a camera; lens flares make no sense : p

lol gregor exactly. lens flare is only good and needed when the sun is coming up in the morning and going down at night.

He probably want same effect that STLM have for light sources. And to be honest it is cool and i understand why some people like this, but imo after some time it only became nuisance and also imo fire have nice fx and there is noo need to change it with adding some more fx. Bloom is there for sun. I can make it stronger than it is now.

Also i will showcase you new alternate version of Velen. Imo it is best Velen ever, and i will be using it in my last playtrought. Also i will give you a choice so you can use grity version but in my experiance it can become depresing affter some time, but again that is also point of Velen. Also in new 9.3 you will have one more choice with Swamp.
Skellige and Novigrad will be same in all versions.

And finaly last option will be on interior lighting, one will be with neer Vanilla brightness and it will cover all scenes with nice lighting without lose in detail, option two will have realistic Lighting and torch will be must, also i will all my heart recommend you to use KNGr Wisp mod with this version, because that litle buddy is present in both cutscenes and gameplay and if you want realistic caves with nice cutscenes without lost details i recomend you to use this.
Red Cave (sabath scene with crones and Ciri) will have bit diferent lighting because it is needed because Ciri can't use Wisp and torch.

My problem with lighting mods is interior light sources. I understand caves are dark and I'm ok with that but everytime I enter Crows Perch or Kaer Morhen I have to light a torch which doesn't make sense at least for me.

PeLLeT_RSD;n10114791 said:
My problem with lighting mods is interior light sources. I understand caves are dark and I'm ok with that but everytime I enter Crows Perch or Kaer Morhen I have to light a torch which doesn't make sense at least for me.

totally agreed.

Guest 3841499

Fire looks way off color-wise among many other things.... BTW, the whole "show on screenshot" is pointless to ask because what you see on a screen with 1.9 PL gamma and 9300K present would way off what someone with 2.2 PL gamma and 6500K calibrated screen sees. Yet nobody listens and it creates a ton of irritation.

WHY bother working with graphics at all unless others have a chance to see what you see? You are not designing a lighting mod for people, but specifically for your display and your settings, yet expect some kind of objective.feedback? Makes no sense at all.

I could understand if this was modeling or meshes or if everything was neutral by default, but lighting is so insanely color, contrast, gamma, brightness, grayscale and gamut-dependent that putting so much effort into it without at least telling people how your display is calibrated makes NO sense.

Man i am working on borowed pc and on old lg ips tv, i can see this mod on honor 8 and old asus tn monitor. And you are right i am not making this for your monitor and all others i am working on mine in my taste and how i like it. Also if you want professional support or something in your taste, think again if that is reasonable for something that is free. PS. FUNNY that you are talking about fire color because it have same values like in vanilla, and Vanilla is like you said before spot on with colors. Also this is same value for world Env lighting by Asmodean and your input on his work is prise on colors. And now you commplain about something that was not even changed. So i ask you how do you chose something to complain about. Also one more thing fire color in this game can be even green and also fire in real life can have bit diferent color. And to people that visited medival castle, good luck with finding your way around it at night without light source.

This thread is less than 24 hours old and already starting to head downhill...

Keep the discussion civil, please. No angry arguments, no insults and no accusations.

MonarchX I don't see any reason to complain. If you dont like it and think, it will look some way off on your monitor, just dont use it. In the end, it is Milos' work and his work only. It is free and his decision to share his mod. If you don't like it, don't use it. The whole discussion about calibrating monitors etc is very annoying.

For those who have problems with the general lighting of the mod, use SweetFX or ReShade.
Essential for setting at different monitors.

Last edited:
Mishikedman;n10113581 said:
He probably want same effect that STLM have for light sources. And to be honest it is cool and i understand why some people like this, but imo after some time it only became nuisance and also imo fire have nice fx and there is noo need to change it with adding some more fx. Bloom is there for sun. I can make it stronger than it is now.

Also i will showcase you new alternate version of Velen. Imo it is best Velen ever, and i will be using it in my last playtrought. Also i will give you a choice so you can use grity version but in my experiance it can become depresing affter some time, but again that is also point of Velen. Also in new 9.3 you will have one more choice with Swamp.
Skellige and Novigrad will be same in all versions.

And finaly last option will be on interior lighting, one will be with neer Vanilla brightness and it will cover all scenes with nice lighting without lose in detail, option two will have realistic Lighting and torch will be must, also i will all my heart recommend you to use KNGr Wisp mod with this version, because that litle buddy is present in both cutscenes and gameplay and if you want realistic caves with nice cutscenes without lost details i recomend you to use this.
Red Cave (sabath scene with crones and Ciri) will have bit diferent lighting because it is needed because Ciri can't use Wisp and torch.

I don't demand anything but it would be nice if you could make alternative version with some cinematic effects ( as many as possible ), just in case.

And of course It's great that you've decided to make greeny Velen cuz for people like me I prefer green vegetation)
Those sunflowers from e3 demo is such bright, saturated and green...

I don't want to work on it anymore. This will be final version from me. I have about 2 month time, than i will need to return pc to friend. In that time I plan to start and finish game. So with all this i don't have time for more versions and addons. If you want this pull up sleeves start working and also learn thing or two. Also don't ask me to help you with tutorials i don't have time for this. You can learn everything with a lot of work and testig. You just need to know how system work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom