Adaptive ReShade for ReShade3.0

+
Adaptive ReShade for ReShade3.0

A while back, a modder posted a mod "Different SFX or ReShade Presets For Each Location". This allowed users to have different presets automatically load based on location in-game. Since then ReShade 3 has came out, and I was trying to figure out how to adapt this to ReShade 3. Now, I am sure many would say "Go ask ReShade forums" however, just as many would say "Go ask at CDPR forums" so I have posted at both. I contacted the original modder, and he doesn't really have the interest in updating the mod, so I was hoping to get some help and insight. Expanding the feature set to include time of day detection and weather detection could have a huge impact on the game from an aesthetic standpoint. First though, one would need to adapt the source code to work with ReShade 3.

Those who aren't familar with Reshade's file structure might not really understand, and of course those who aren't fans of Reshade aren't really interested, however if someone is and is willing to help please let me know.

Rather than post all of the code changes I was assuming, I posted at Reshade here. That contains a pretty good summary of everything.

Thanks.

I've not played TW3 with ReShade, but II have used it for various other games (namely Skyrim and Dragon's Dogma). While what you're describing would technically be possible, I'm not sure how easy it will be to pull off. ReShade has normally worked as a lightweight tweak that improves things at a basic level while having a really small performance footprint. What you're describing here sounds more like an ENB -- a more heavyweight system that affects various parts of the game uniquely. My guess (and it's just a guess), is that you'll probably have to write in a lot of the tools you'll need yourself.

Maybe a shell program that switches between various ReShade presets based on loaction / weather / time of day?

Top Bottom