Ligting Deluxe 3.0

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
MaykonLexar You've done something amazing. I'm so happy to saw that. Like you said, this will satisfy us (I hope so). I'll waiting your awesome lighting mod. Thanks for your mod, already :)

Hi MaykonLexar, if you allow me I would like to suggest you to continue with your own vision of the mod, do not try to please everyone by doing different versions of everything ... I think that was a big mistake with WLM.

Milos did a great job but many versions make modding a never ending job. If you make different versions of a couple of things, people will want you to combine them according to their tastes. For example, if you make two versions of the swamps and remove the lighting cutscenes, people will start asking for a version of each swamp with and without cutscenes lighting. So, all at once you would have 4 versions of the same mod.

Of course you could be open to suggestions ... but I think it is better to follow your vision of the mod, which for what has been shown so far is amazing.

jamut69;n10271102 said:
Hi MaykonLexar, if you allow me I would like to suggest you to continue with your own vision of the mod, do not try to please everyone by doing different versions of everything ... I think that was a big mistake with WLM.

Milos did a great job but many versions make modding a never ending job. If you make different versions of a couple of things, people will want you to combine them according to their tastes. For example, if you make two versions of the swamps and remove the lighting cutscenes, people will start asking for a version of each swamp with and without cutscenes lighting. So, all at once you would have 4 versions of the same mod.

Of course you could be open to suggestions ... but I think it is better to follow your vision of the mod, which for what has been shown so far is amazing.

You are right,but we can give him feedback to improve the mod and he will decide

Last edited:
Looking great but I feel the removal of light from cutscenes might not be great and will make many too dark. Gameplay>realism.

KanaTheKana You are joking, right? Graphics>Gameplay? B**** pls, you probably never played a good game then. Btw, you can tone the artificial player light down for cutscenes instead of deleting it completely. I think, for cutscenes it makes sense to keep it in. Especially at night.

MaykonLexar;n10273912 said:
The first one with Ciri actually looks pretty good, but the lighting is sufficiently bright in that cutscene. But already the cutscenes in Velen don't look as good. Maybe toning cutscene lighting down a bit would be a good compromise, like GregorWladacz suggested.

GregorWladacz I meant to say that I prefer having some cutscenes not properly lit if it means keeping my immersion. having lights appearing out of thin air everytime you're in a dialogue doesn't really help with that. Also I'm saying that in the context of this game, so get off your white horse, put down your shiny armor and calm down please =)

KanaTheKana Ok, it's your opinion, and I'm cool with that. I just wanted to make clear, there are other options. And if there is no cutscene lighting, you will get pitchblack scenery at night and in caves. But if it's for your immersion to see nothing at all, it's up to you ;) And your statement about graphics > gameplay didn't seem to be very specific, but that's also your opinion. So I couldn't be more calm. I'm off with my horse =)

GregorWladacz Sure, seeing nothing at all is sometimes (most times) better, in my opinion, than ruining the overall feel of the place with lights that have nothing to do here. I mean they litterally appear and disapear out of nowhere. It couldn't be worse for immersion.
Have a nice ride mate :D

MaykonLexar everything looks really good, looking forward to get back into the witcher. cutscenes looks great as well, love how sun light in velen looks on ai and players skin.

Guest 3841499

Could you clarify some things?
- Could you share the filename of the 2014 inactive swamp ENV and whether it can be found within the released game?
- So someone from CDPR was actually involved in making Lighting Deluxe 3.0 so good?
​​​​​
The mod looks phenomenal and it is the first one where color accuracy seems preserved - skin tones, sky colors, foliage, etc. Artificial character light also seems to be reduced just enough without being entirely turned off (at least for exteriors).

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom