Witcher 3 needs to start twice to actually start... No DLC menu either

+

Guest 3841499

Witcher 3 needs to start twice to actually start... No DLC menu either

All mods merged (successfully, 0 error/failures)- scripts and bundles / texture.cache files (except for FriendlyHUD's single texture.cache), but every single time I change/adjust scripts, launching Witcher 3 results in RedEngine splash screen verifying weather the scripts are proper/correct and if they are, Witcher 3 exe terminates itself! Then I have to launch it again and second time it launches perfectly (without the RedEngine script process). If scripts are not touched, Witcher 3 launches normally after the first attempt.

Any ideas why that is?

Also, I seem to have lost the option to enable or disable DLC's in my Witcher 3 GOTY edition (with Unification Patch of course). DLC selection menu no longer appears, even without mods or with FriendlyHUD mod alone, which has the option to make the main menu list the DLC's. That option does not work one way or another. Any ideas? I bet it's some .ini file line or something like that is needed to enable DLC menu...

Guest 3841499

Yes, but there is no DLC option at all, not even for the optional OFFICIAL 16 DLC's. For example, there is no way to select alternative outfits for Yen and Triss. There is no DLC menu option in main menu. It is not a BIG problem because I can adjust user.settings to enable/disable official DLC's, but there USED to be an option for them in main menu that is now gone. I guess re-install is in order...

Check the user.settings file in your Windows>Documents>Witcher3 files to see if there DLC are shown there. Probably they will be there and they will either have 0 or 1 to show for disabled/enabled. I think it's messed up menus in your Witcher3 installation directory. Instead of reinstalling try to run an integrity check with either Steam or Gog clients.

You realize you just broke the game, right??? xD xD

Guest 3841499

Yeah, they are all there in user.settings. The only thing that is broken is the main menu...

Guest 3841499

Now I know that some script mod is the cause for this issue, but have no idea which one...

Guest 3841499

It was the QuickSave in Main Menu mod... It has no version for 1.30 or 1.31 or GOTY or Unification patch... I wish I knew how to script! I tried merging it with vanilla main menu script to "port it" to be compatible and that is how it messed things up...

Try to fix the script manually with W3Edit. if you still want to keep this mod

or you ave update here

Last edited:
Uh, or compare the mods files with your 1.31 file? KDiff is quite good and it came with script merger anyways :) open it, and put in the two .ws files - and look at the differences.

Guest 3841499

W3Edit can fix SCRIPTS???

Anyway, I figured it out! I got the 1.31 version and got everything back as far as menu goes, but I still need to start Witcher 3 twice if scripts change. Thanks for all the help!

Guest 3841499

Fixed the other double-launch bug by getting rid of QuickSave and Custom Localization Fix mods. Finally, back to normal. That Custom Localization Fix seems to cause more problems than it solves.

Top Bottom