[Mod Idea] Mads Mikkelsen Geralt Head

+
[Mod Idea] Mads Mikkelsen Geralt Head

Another weird question of the day:

Wondering if it would be possible to take an .obj of Mikkesen's head and retrofit it to work in place of Geralts. Not an insubstantial amount of work, considering there would have to be textures created for it. Guy did a free XMas giveaway of .obj scans that he did, one was of Mikkelsen.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18og...EHTMjH7vF/view

Didn't get much done today. The eyes on Mikkelsen's model were rendered as closed, so if anyone has any expertise in that sort of thing, I basically need to cut out Mikkelsen's eyelids and replace them with eyes from geralt. Snapping those off was fairly easy, but the rest has so far been beyond me.

Last edited:
JMINTERNELIA;n10336672 said:
Didn't get much done today. The eyes on Mikkelsen's model were rendered as closed, so if anyone has any expertise in that sort of thing, I basically need to cut out Mikkelsen's eyelids and replace them with eyes from geralt. Snapping those off was fairly easy, but the rest has so far been beyond me.

Do you want to insert this model into the game? She's not for the game. There are 1500000 polygons in it, and in the original only 4000.
Today I was fooling around.
I could not normally shape the eyes, because eyeballs themselves remain in place, but I do not know how to move them.

Last edited:
Do you want to insert this model into the game? She's not for the game. There are 1500000 polygons in it, and in the original only 4000.
Today I was fooling around. I could not normally shape the eyes, because eyeballs themselves remain in place, but I do not know how to move them.

Last edited:
cemkey;n10337752 said:
Today I was fooling around.

I could not normally shape the eyes, because eyeballs themselves remain in place, but I do not know how to move them.

This is great stuff. I PMed you. Do you have a higher resolution/bigger screenshot?

I am on the W3 modding discord @ Rain.

Last edited:
QUOTE=cemkey;n10449382][/QUOTE]

I contacted an artist who has done a Mads Mikkelsen sculpt. Here is what is going to happen, or the plan anyway.

Clayguy over at CG Trader did a head sculpt not too long ago.

After some brief discussion, we came to an agreement. He will use the existing Geralt head with its topology and use some tricks to "morph" it into Mads Mikkelsen's face. He will use this 3d scan. This way there will be a model with an identical topology, so that the weights that already exist can be reused (although they might need to be reapplied since this information might be lost during export through Zbrush). He intends to also subdivide the head a couple of times, so that even the small details are visible. He is going to resculpt the scan, smooth out the hair and the little "cap" he has on his head, open his eyes and split the mouth. The whole process will be at least a couple hours of work so he and I have negotiated a small, reasonable fee for the work.

This will probably be a month or two out, but I think it will be worth it.

Stay tuned.

JMINTERNELIA;n10469242 said:
Well, ok. You could just as easily *not* download the mod if/when it is released. No need to attempt to shame others out of materializing an idea.

You misinterpreted my comment. Shame.

Top Bottom