[Mod Release] Changed Horse Controls - Shadow of the Colossus and BotW style.

+
[Mod Release] Changed Horse Controls - Shadow of the Colossus and BotW style.

Changed the horse controls so that you dont have to hold any buttons while riding.

https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/2900

The horse will automatically follow the road if you are not holding any directional input (even when walking)

Increase speed by tapping the W or Shift on kb/m and A on controller (X for ps4 controller)
Decrease speed by tapping S on kb/m and B on controller (Circle for ps4) (Full stop by holding down the button or pulling back the left stick on controller)
Jump and dismount with Y (Triangle for ps4)

This means kb/m also get the 3 different walking speeds that controller used to get.

Basically the point of the mod is so that you can look around while riding and dont have to babysit where the horse is going, if you are on a road the horse will just keep following it. (Recommended using it with "Automatic camera centering" turned off in the settings).

Also added ground material based fx.. So when you are on a road it will kick up dust, when on snow it will kick up snow.. etc.... (if you want just these ground effects delete the script folder from inside the mod)

Last edited:

Guest 3841499

Please add feature that let's the horse go in Slow Motion when using Witcher Sense button, like in Immersive Cam Horse Controls add-on, but as part of your mod or stand-alone. Immersive Cam has some major glitches when it comes to Enhanced Enemy Targeting mod and won't let you win the crossbow part of the tournament in Toussaint.

Guest 3841499

BTW, is this related to RoachGallup mod that also adds dust?

EDIT: Another w2anims mod not mounted as DLC. I hope it causes no glitches, but from Discord I found out that the best way to get animations working right is to:
1. Renaming animation file name
2. Leave animation name the same (in the chunk that is)
3. STRIP the file of all the chunks, except the ones you edited and the ones necessary to support the ones you edited
4. Mount as DLC

That prevents any "T-Pose" bugs. If you would be so kind and let me know (here or via PM) which chunks you edited, I would appreciate it as I would love to experiment with mounting animations as DLC's per instructions I received on Discord. In case someone does have problems with T-Posing or other odd issues (such as all doors being permanently locked in Novigrad from Brutal Blood optional dead animation fixes...), a DLC may be ready by then (no promises).

Last edited by a moderator:
the dust effects are something i found out about like a year ago but forgot (the mod was just sitting on my pc for like a year).... they are CExtAnimMaterialBasedFxEvent in the "entries" of the CSkeletalAnimationSetEntry class... had to add them to each animation separately.. so no, they are not the same as the mod by CAPA (which edits scripts to do this).. me and CAPA did work together on some parts of this though....

as for the slow motion, it is so easy to just lower your speed by tapping the S key or B(Circle) on controller that i dont think its really necessary...

i am aware of the dlc method of adding animations (i was the first person to do it as far as i know), i havent noticed any bugs with it being in a mod... the problem with the dlc method for this w2anim file in particular, is that the animations i edited are all over the place, and if you delete even 1 chunk from the start of the file, each chunk that comes after it will have the wrong references to other chunks... i really cant be bothered to change 600 chunks by hand....

(everything seems to work fine if you just include the buffer files, at least the animation mods i've done)

Last edited:

Guest 3841499

That means w2anims is essential for this mod to work. Would you by chance know which w2ent is linked to this animation file (man_geralt_sword.w2anims is to man_base as horse_draft_geralt_rider.w2anims is to _______)? I assume I can get rid of the RoachGallup mod then or the two will probably glitch if used together.

"horse_draft_geralt_rider.w2anims".... "geralt_rider" ....

you dont need the other mod but they shouldnt conflict either.. you will just get double the dust...

Guest 3841499

Thanks! I assume it hooks to player_horse.w2ent?

Last edited by a moderator:

Guest 3841499

erxv;n10354662 said:
the dust effects are something i found out about like a year ago but forgot (the mod was just sitting on my pc for like a year).... they are CExtAnimMaterialBasedFxEvent in the "entries" of the CSkeletalAnimationSetEntry class... had to add them to each animation separately.. so no, they are not the same as the mod by CAPA (which edits scripts to do this).. me and CAPA did work together on some parts of this though....

as for the slow motion, it is so easy to just lower your speed by tapping the S key or B(Circle) on controller that i dont think its really necessary...

i am aware of the dlc method of adding animations (i was the first person to do it as far as i know), i havent noticed any bugs with it being in a mod... the problem with the dlc method for this w2anim file in particular, is that the animations i edited are all over the place, and if you delete even 1 chunk from the start of the file, each chunk that comes after it will have the wrong references to other chunks... i really cant be bothered to change 600 chunks by hand....

(everything seems to work fine if you just include the buffer files, at least the animation mods i've done)

You missed the point of slow motion... It would useful in races, when you gallop at full speed and need to make a sharp turn without slowing down. BTW, the DLC I created is not working at all, even with no other mods installed. Not sure what I did wrong... I know the identical chunks were not removed, but should have had some kind of an effect - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jjucT3gzURWNuJ98MyWCmzlFkqamSc9V/view?usp=sharing

BTW, the dust color is really white... Water-splash?

i mean, the animation name is "geralt_rider" :D .... i thought it couldn't be more obvious that its for the rider, not the horse itself... (the player entity)

and nah, i won't implement a cheat for horse races.. if you want it then its done in focus.ws not going to conflict with this mod...

verdwhisper;n10356712 said:
Man, it would be awesome if you can implement auto-sail.

This. I'll dig into the files if you have no plans erxv, but I'm clueless when it comes to scripting.

Top Bottom